Poll

When do you want Mario Party 9 to come out? (assuming it's completed when it comes out)

Now!
3 (9.7%)
In a few months
3 (9.7%)
6 months - a year
8 (25.8%)
Hopefully in more than a year
11 (35.5%)
Never!
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 9?  (Read 40482 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »
Except Wart.
I was gonna say Wart too, but then I thought of his cameo in Zelda.
That was a joke.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 10:48:42 PM »
Except Wart.

And Tatanga (game-wise).

If they were to make a ninth Mario Party game, I hope it'd be the last one. We could probably make a story to justify it as the last Mario Party. Something like;

While Mario and friends were hosting their ninth (technically eleventh) party ever, Bowser prepares his troops for an assualt on the Mushroom Kingdom. He suceeds, since the heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom are too busy partying to really care. The toads cry out for a savior, but their cries go unheard amongst the chit chat of Mario's Party. When the characters emerge from the castle, they see the kingdom in ruins. Many Toads were mutated in the atomic bill carpet bombings, but no one really cares since they were already mutated fungi to begin with. Mario, seeing the damage caused, realizes that every person has their own duty in this world and his duty places him on the battlefield, not the gameboard. Thus, he vows never to party again and purchases many warbonds to help the war effort, and realizes the human essence of destiny.

Of course, knowing Nintendo, they would make Mario Party prequels so they can continue to pump out Mario Party games.

BTW, this is sarcasm.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »
It'd be acceptable to keep making them if they didn't keep coming at the rate they do. Mario Kart comes one per console. Heck, Mario PLATFORMERS and RPGs come one per console. Parties came three or four. And for a while it was okay, because there were real, genuine improvements that made the new one worth playing. But if they weren't made as quickly as McDonald's burgers and each one was made to BE the one of the console, utilizing the system's features to their extent, think of how much better they'd be. We'd still be at Mario Party 3 with the Millennium Star hosting Wi-Fi.

But I don't know if Wi-Fi would motivate me to buy the next one. I have lag, and I doubt anyone here would rather play Mario Party 9 than Brawl or Mario Kart anyway. I sure wouldn't.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 06:07:50 AM »
Mario Party isn't exactly a fast paced game, so I doubt lag would affect it that much.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 07:25:13 AM »
I was gonna say Wart too, but then I thought of his cameo in Zelda.
Exactly.
And Tatanga
Ah-HA! You're right! Bring him back already Nintendo! He'd probably be cooler than Daisy...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 07:35:06 AM »
Nobody is a "one-time" deal with Nintendo.

You must not know much about Nintendo. Read the previous examples, then....

Geno
Smithy
Dimentio
Paper Mario Characters
Paper Mario 2 characters
Pixls
Lloyd

Most of these have been wanted for Mario Party, but ignored.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »
Also, Tatanga was in two games.
That was a joke.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »

Geno
Smithy
Dimentio
Paper Mario Characters
Paper Mario 2 characters
Pixls
Lloyd

Most of those aren't even Nintendo-made characters.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »

Geno
Smithy
Dimentio
Paper Mario Characters
Paper Mario 2 characters
Pixls
Lloyd

Lady Bow and Bootler (two PM characters) made an apperance in TTYD, but otherwise, you're right.  Kammy also played a minor role, and I think Parakarry may have made a very brief appearance at the beginning.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
Geno cameoed in Superstar Saga, Smithy has no justification to appear again (he had never been in the Mushroom World before his arrival in SMRPG, and he died at the end), PM and TTYD characters had Catch Cards in SPM, and Dimentio, Pixls, etc. haven't been around long enough to expect another appearance yet (not to mention that they'll probably have some mention in Paper Mario 4). The only real one-shot characters are Count Cannoli and Mallow.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »
None of you Smithy/Wart/Dimentio-wanters understand.

SOME characters freaking need to STAY DEAD after Mario kills them.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 05:10:55 PM »
None of you Smithy/Wart/Dimentio-wanters understand.

SOME characters freaking need to STAY DEAD after Mario kills them.

Amen to that
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 03:19:24 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to see Mario Party 9, but nintendo hasn't announced it so I don't know if it will.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Print