Poll

What are your views on abortion?

Pro-life
Pro-choice
Undecided
Print

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 67489 times)

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »
It also prevents you from getting out by reducing your sentence. Say you only got one life sentence. Maybe you could reduce it through good behavior and get out at some point. With 2+ lives in jail, it's a lot harder.

[Editor's Note: Lizard Dude put no research into this post. Thank you.]

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
Just in case you're actually Mario or a cat.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2008, 04:07:56 PM »
I'm also against the death penalty.  In part because it seems strange for the government to kill people as away to discourage killing, but mainly because it's a huge waste of taxpayer money.  

Wait, executing criminals and being done with it wastes taxpayer money, but feeding, clothing, and protecting them in prison for the rest of their lives doesn't?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »
How in the world does the death penalty waste taxpayer money? How expensive can it be to inject some chemicals or electrocute a person?

I'm all for the death penalty. Anyone who intentionally kills a person, deserves to be killed themself. Also, it prevents any chance of them doing it again.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2008, 04:30:18 PM »
It's always possible for people to commit less than first degree, aggravated, even accidental murder, goodie. If abortion can be considered murder, then you are condemning a large sum of women (and probably men).

Anyway, I always hear lethal injection costs absurd amounts of money to carry out-- even more than the cost of maintaining one's potentially short life in jail. I'm not sure how this works, as I've forgotten the details. But isn't this a conversation for an entirely different thread?

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »
It's always possible for people to commit less than first degree, aggravated, even accidental murder, goodie. If abortion can be considered murder, then you are condemning a large sum of women (and probably men).

I might agree with the first part, but abortion is totally different. While murder can sometimes be accidental or provoked, abortion is a choice that is made, and usually made because the girl doesn't want to take responsibility for her baby and just wants to eliminate it. I honestly don't see why that's in any way equal to accidental murder.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:51:06 PM by Zarkanthesmasher »
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2008, 05:55:09 PM »
Wait, executing criminals and being done with it wastes taxpayer money, but feeding, clothing, and protecting them in prison for the rest of their lives doesn't?

Actually, it costs more to execute someone than to leave them in prison. Think about it: all the appeals, plus the time in prison, plus th execution itself.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2008, 11:25:40 PM »
I'm not really so much pro-life, as I am just anti-choice.

I'm just against abortion. I couldn't care less about the poor, innoent, little fetus and all that nonesuch. I just think that having abortion commercially available to everyone is quite meaningless. I'm really against the whole thing because I believe it's irresponsible and rewards stupidity. With over 9000 methods of contraception, the chance of an accidental impregnation is so unlikely, that if it actually happens, it's a case of 'sucks for you' But to just have unprotected sex for whatever reason, be it ignorance, drunkedness, or whatever, and then just make it all disappear? You gotta be kidding me. If you're gonna do it, do it right, and accept responsibility for your actions.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2008, 10:00:17 AM »
I never understood why they issue multiple life sentences to one person. What's the point?
I know... that is, without a doubt, one of the most idiotic things in the legal system. I mean... geez, I can't even compare it to anything.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
In some states life might be knocked down to something like 20 years so multiple life sentences may be give to make sure the prisoner in fact gets life in prison.  Life can be given for different offenses that add up.  Murder three people get three life sentences. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2008, 10:22:26 AM »
It's always possible for people to commit less than first degree, aggravated, even accidental murder, goodie.

Anyone who intentionally kills a person, deserves to be killed themself.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2008, 10:30:15 AM »
In memory of George Carlin...

"One guy, about a month ago, was given three consecutive life terms, plus two death penalties. How [. . .] do you serve that? Even David Copperfield can't do that [edit]. In order to do that, you'd have to be a Hindu."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:43:17 PM by Sapphira »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2008, 02:34:48 PM »
Forest Guy:

I suppose it would have been better if my IP ban was never fixed. (inb4 'it would've been better for us too', 'who says it was an accident?'. e.g...) My work is done here. I have nothing left to say to you people.

Question Mark,

Koopaslaya
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2008, 03:34:23 PM »
Anyone who intentionally kills a person, deserves to be killed themself.

It's always possible for people to commit less than first degree, aggravated, even accidental murder, goodie.

"Accidental" really weakened my point there, but imagine what would occur if somebody struck somebody else, out of aggravated rage or self defense, in a manner that, accidentally, was more than crippling. Believing that every person who somehow takes the life on another deserves to lose their own life is simply misguided and prejudicial.

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2008, 04:03:20 PM »
"Accidental" really weakened my point there, but imagine what would occur if somebody struck somebody else, out of aggravated rage or self defense, in a manner that, accidentally, was more than crippling. Believing that every person who somehow takes the life on another deserves to lose their own life is simply misguided and prejudicial.

Well, then that wouldn't be intentional. I think what goodie is saying is that anyone who kills someone on purpose, intending to end their life, deserves to die. People who kill people out of self defense or agravation are usually not trying to kill the person, just to stop them from beating up on them. The two situations are different cases.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Print