Print

Author Topic: Mario's Crowbar  (Read 9993 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 03:33:41 PM »
PART 12

"It's a secret to everybody!" Laughed the Jester. He was the most boring, most pointless Jester that Qwerty had ever seen-at least to Qwerty's perspective. Placenta was laughing ridiculously at the Harleyquin, oh well...he was mindless anyway.
"...and then Dimentio said-"
"Get out. You’re banished. You are to never be in the Jester business again, your jokes foul and unfavorable."
"But I AM a Jester"
"Shut up and get lost."
The Jester slammed out, sour at the new King Qwerty. He didn't even understand how the Koopa's had just gone insane over him. It was disturbing.
"Buht I liked dat guy."
"Shut up."
It was true; Qwerty was in a horrible mood. Some moron ancient emperor had ordered the dungeon be right next to the bedroom. And since this was the first prisoner in years, (As Bowser had killed most, and Seigal had even worked with any) Qwerty was the only one to enjoy the screaming of the prisoner.
"PLEASE! YOU IDOIT! I CAN HELP YOU!"
"Shut up!" Roared Qwerty, stuffing his head under a pillow. It didn't help. He had eventually left the room, and gone to the entertainment room to watch pathetic Jesters try out for the Royal Jester position.
Another one came in.
"Heh-heh-hello, I'm-"
"ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!"
The annoying scream came from the dungeon. Qwerty slapped his hand over his face.
"Placenta...get the prisoner."

CRACKLE. Aaaahhhh!
Another Toad was crushed by a brick. Toad's scattered from the unfortunate one, tripping on bricks and other junk that had broken off from the castle. It was a nightmare. Toadsworth’s body had been found, as well as Peach and the entire top Tower exploding off. The Toad's were chaotic, screaming, tripping over things; and-having bricks fall on them.
The Toad Brigade, which had been off exploring the forest, had come back at the exact right time. They had helped clean up, and offered to look for Peach. Everyone agreed that the Toad Brigade should go. They were known as the bravest Toad's in the local Mushroom Kingdom. (Toad's in the Western Lands are tougher.) They finished up cleaning up the castle, and as they said their goodbyes, and left, Ryuan stopped, and went to a Toad, who just happened to be Blibby.
"Excuse me...uh..."
"Bluh-Blibby!"
"Uh...Blibby, have you seen my brother...Tenchai?"
"Tenchai? The last time I saw him, he was at the...Graveyard. ...He-he didn't come back."
Ryuan nodded, and left with the others.
"I have a feeling she's in the Graveyard...let's go."
"Are you sure? If she's not, she could be in peril...

"I was wondering when you were going to get the idea."
"Don't act mature now. Your screaming already proves your true feelings."
"That's nothing close to my true knowledge. If I hadn't screamed, you would still be sitting, wondering what you could of had."
"Just tell me what I want to know. If you don't, you'll get to enjoy the sweet embrace of cold, wet, stone. ...Actually, your screaming would be better left at the guiloti-"
"You won't need it. You keep forgetting I'm a TOAD. I know things about Peach's Castle. ...And the true weakness to Toad's."
"I don't need a true weakness. Toad's are weaklings already."
"Yes, but if Toad's have weapons, they can take out precious amounts of the Koopa Army."
"True."
"And since this 'Era of Toad Brigade' has started, Toad's are actually arming themselves with more, and more spears. Sooner or later, the Toad species will be a replica of the Koopa's, if they use the technology they are offered by..."
"E. Gadd... He's on everyone’s side though. Like a dirty Penguin."
"Yes, but since more and more of these...'Humans' are wandering onto the planet through Warp Pipes...and since most of them take the Toad's side...E. Gadd. is joining them as well."
"Disgusting. ...And annoying. ...But you know the Toad's weakness?"
"Yes...yes, I do..."

"No, no really. I don't need your help. I- OOOF!"
Abz slipped on ice again, and the crate landed on the ground. Peach sighed, and Wes watched the distant Cookol Mountain.
As soon as they had begun walking, Abz had found a crate, unbroken, and half covered with snow. The only surviving luggage of the sled. The others had wondered what it was, but Abz had simply said building material. Strangely, the crate slightly glowed. Abz said it was SPECIAL building material. Wes knew that it wasn't. He couldn't tell if Peach knew. Her face was screwed up from the cold, and every once in a while, she would start crying.
Getting up for the 5th time, and starting to walk again, the journey continued.
"Special building material? It glows like a Starman." Said Peach, through midst of showering tears.
"Starman? What's..." Said Wes.
"Your really stupid for a Magikoopa, you know that?" Said Peach. "It's like you were born a day ago."
"It seems like it." He replied.
Peach sighed. "Starmen are the most dangerous weapons in the world. Around 3 years ago, horrible massacres were started by the mysterious serial killer, The Yellow Mask. He used Starmen by the dozen, and destroyed entire cities. He was unstoppable. Eventually, the greatest leaders in the world agreed that Starmen be destroyed and outlawed forever. They smashed, and crushed, and soon, not many were left in the world. The Yellow Mask tried to find them, but only found two more. Without Starmen, he could not do much, and he disappeared. No one ever caught him. But his rein of terror is over..."
Wes couldn't see Abz face, but the crate glowed brighter. And Wes started to remember the terrors of colors...Red, Yellow, Green...
And the cold wintry land's winds blowed, and blowed.

"Shy Guys"
"...What? Did you say..."
"Shy Guys. That's it."
"That's...ridiculous...why..."
"Their cloaks. There's...theirs something horrible in the fabric."
"But..."
"It doesn't kill Toad's. It stabilizes them. They can't fight back. Like when the Shy Guys attacked Toad Town..."
"And then all we have to do is spear them?"
"I wouldn't advise killing them. You could use them as slaves."
"...And you?"
"Keep me as your advisor. Because I have more I can tell you. Once you conquer the Mushroom Kingdom, you will be the most powerful Koopa King ever."
"Not as much as the emperors."
"If you keep conquering, Bean Bean, Sarasaland, Jewel, Dinosaur land...all of those kingdoms can be yours. Just keep winning."
"Obviously, but..."
"You know the weakness. THE weakness. It's all easy from here."
Suddenly, a guard crashed into the room, sweating.
"Kih-King Qwerty! The...the patrol found something...a Toad, but...it...."
"Just say it!"
"It...It blew up 4 guards!"
"What???"
"You...you...have to see this. It's chaos!"

Never stop running. Never. Never. You never stop running. You just keep running. And what happens when you reach your goal? You realize there is no goal, and you keep running.
Through the forest, Seigal sped through, past the tree's, past the rocks. Past everything. Nothing was nothing except running. Seigal was getting great exercise from it all. But it didn't matter. What mattered was...? Seigal didn't know anymore. It was like everything had melted. His kingship had mulshed into...running. The world was nothing, because all of Seigal's goals. Had been destroyed. Now, all that was left was...Crogo City? The place of chaos and excitement? Where all sorts of different creatures blended together, and had fights, and speciesism was always...was that the life Seigal was forced to have? Or would he cross the unofficially named Crogo Ocean? Find a place where no one knows him? A distant island? A-BUMP!
Seigal had tripped on a huge rock. He went flying onto it, sprawled out painfully.
"Could this get any worse?" Muttered Seigal, getting up. But different from other times, things were actually better. The huge rock was actually a massive plateau, so far, you could not see it's end. And far away, with glittering lights, and far away shouts, Crogo City.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »
We're back!

PART 13

"It's like time and space has been distorted...it should have taken us two days to get here."
Somehow, the trio had made it across the great Cookol Clearing in 4 hours. According to Abz, it should have taken longer, and with the description of Ice Blarrgs, which lived in the center of Cookol Clearing, the Bob-omb residents of Fahr Fahr Outpost agreed. Upon arrival, Peach had immediately ordered the Bob-ombs to care for her. It was met with negative response, but Peach still got what she wanted. After greetings, and setting up a train appointment for tomorrow, Abz safely guarded the strange box in the middle of the village, glancing around, and pushing it a few feet every once in a while. Wes, who was behind a statue of a cannon, pretended not to notice, but it was hard, as Abz would start pushing away, more and more often, as it seemed like no one was outside anymore. After 1 more minute of looking, Abz quickly pushed the crate around a corner, and disappeared into an alley. By now, Wes was briskly sneaking behind him. Abz was a few feet away as he entered a wooden door. Wes wasn't sure whether to open it or not. But soon, he could hear speaking inside...

"What have you been doing? Talking to the bombs?"
"Of course...they would get suspicious if I didn't." That was Abz. The other Wes couldn't recognize.
"It doesn't matter anyway. Just give me the cargo."
"The cargo...I...something..."
"Where's the cargo? There-there's more then that measly package, correct?"
"The...the sled blew up and..."
"You lost the cargo? You only have one left? ONE. LEFT."
"I'm sorry. Really. I had...passengers. This Magikoopa-"
"What? What do you waste my time with now?"
"He calls himself Wes...he doesn't know it, but I know he blew up the sled."
"Did he have a reason?"
"I...I don't know."
"Magikoopa's just don't blow up sleds containing cargo...unless they know what's inside. ...Did you tell it?"
"No...No! Definitely not...if he knew our plans..."
"It's not 'our' plans. It's my plans. You simply brought the cargo...one box left. You do remember I told you specifically I needed 3? I NEED 3. With only 1...I can only destroy Fahr Fahr Outpost..."
"Wait...you needed two for Crogo City?"
"OF COURSE I DID! What do you expect? The biggest city in the world...except for Diblis..."
"You can still destroy Fahr Fahr Outpost, right? Won't that be enough attention for the Council?"
"No. Plus, I needed 5 for Diblis...and you bring 1. Even if I destroy Fahr Fahr Outpost, I won't have any for Diblis. You ruined everything...now I'll-"
"NO! ...No. Let me find 3 more..."
"You won't be able to. Besides...you worked so hard already. Don't you want to-"
"NONONO! No. No. Get away from me. I can find 3 more. I promise. If I don't, you can do whatever-"
"Yes. Yes...whatever..."

It was chaos by the time they got there. Bodies were strewn everywhere, and in the center of the blitz was a deranged-looking Toad, heaving and muttering gibberish. Qwerty sighed.
"What the-?"
The guard shook and spoke. "It...It just...blew up! And it's still alive...like a Bob-omb." Said the guard, and then he ran off.
The bodies on the ground were obviously dead, and Qwerty was starting to get nervous around the shaking, gibberish Toad.
"You...what's...your name." Addressed Qwerty.
The Toad looked up and smiled. "I'm Ironel. I'm so happy right now. Aren't you?"
The smell of rotting flesh due to the marsh toxins sliced into the thick air.
"What...are you? A...mutant Toad?" Murmured Qwerty. He could already picture what happened. The sour guards had been stalking around the Marshlands...(...Why?)...and had come across a mysterious Toad, walking through the Marsh, past Diblis. ...Heading straight for my castle.
"Me? Oh, I'm taking a happy time stroll you CREEP? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"
The Toad's sudden emotional change slammed into Qwerty's stomach. The Toad had a severe issue. It was interesting how the scar on it's head seemed to be letting out air, like a fissure. ...But what if it could be used as a weapon? Against the other Toads? Was it demented enough?
"Would you like to join me...?" Qwerty waited for the screaming response.
"Jowin? What's jowin?" It asked, confused now. "Join...me. On a...quest."
"W00t1111! I lovez teh quezts! Yez! W00t!!!!"
Although strange, and mental, this "Ironel" was going to be easy to use.

"Name." Muttered the gruff Tokotoko at the gate. It was a huge gate, and very appropriate as the entrance to a large city- Crogo City. "Uhh..." Seigal knew he couldn't give his real name. He would have to take a chance. "...Zizix." Muttered Seigal.
"What kind of name is that?" Sneered the guard. "...But it doesn't matter anyway. Get in. You'll find plenty of ways to die in there, coward. I can tell your one of those weak Koopas."
Seigal had found a strange cape outside the city walls. He had put it on to disguise himself, as the rumors of Crogo City were strange. Along with powerful Toad's and Shy Guys, stranger species such as Kumo's and bizarre powerful Koopa's called Nokobons. They were apparently fugitives from the terrible place known as Sarasaland, the place rumored by misfits to be the place beyond the impassable Whirlwind Desert. The great Mario had even said he had been there once, a terrible place of terror, and torture. Even worse then the state the Mushroom Continent was in now.
Seigal stepped into the muddy streets of Crogo City, and looked up at the huge Airship Station jutting out of the city. The real adventure began now

The door slowly creaked open. Wes quickly hid behind a huge trash can, watching as Abz walked out, looking around, and sneaking around again. He had left the cargo inside, and the door slowly creaked closed, whether by wind or by hand. Wes creeped out and watched Abz enter the warm Inn. Abz.... a traitor the whole time. The cargo...it was obvious that it was the famed and feared Starmen, or, Starman, as there was only one. But even one...as Abz had implied, it could destroy Fahr Fahr Outpost. But should Wes warn the Bob-ombs? Did it really matter? Wes slunk back into the cool shadows of the alley. He had no life. His memory lost to...? A accident? Or a attempted murder? RED. It burst into his thoughts, obscene and unwelcome. But what did it mean? Blood? That's all Wes ever saw. The blood of those eaten by Kooply. (What was the sheet things real name?) The blood of the giant in the woods, that Wes had almost killed...which left Wes with the scar. The soon to be blood of Fahr Fahr Outpost...wait. Bob-ombs...they don't have skin. They're machines. Nothing. But Peach would die. And if Abz found more Starmen...Crogo City would be next. But it wasn't really Abz doing it...the thing in the room. Wes looked at it. Would he go in? Confront whatever was in there? The shadows rose from the door, and heavy breathing arose from inside. Wes looked at the door for a long time.

A monstrous Nokobon stormed out of a bar and shoved at Seigal. He quickly dodged, and the Nokobon fell in a dirty mud puddle. Crogo City was a dangerous place, filled with foreign creatures, always twice as powerful as you. And many of them drank at bars, where they would swagger out, and become violent. Every moment was exciting, but dangerous, and Seigal had no coins. He couldn't buy anything. Would he have to go so low as to steal? He didn't even want to try. Suddenly, a huge Kumo smashed through the streets, and jumped at him. Seigal sprinted past it, but it jumped after him. A few Nokobons cheered, on the cracked sidewalks, and even one of the guardians of the Airships, a powerful Pionpi stood on the sidelines. They cheered: "Crush the ant! Crush the ant!" Seigal slipped down an alley, and the obsessed spider chased after him. Seigal started running so fast, he slipped into his shell, flying and bouncing off the walls. The Kumo jumped back, and, surprised at the sudden rebellion, retreated. After a few minutes, Seigal stopped, and rested against a huge black wall. He couldn't stay here long. This place was filled with horrifically violent monsters. He looked at the sky. Far above, an Airship left for an eastern destination. It was time to escape, and the answer was clear.

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »
PART 14

"Come-come on! We...we don't have much time...I...-"
"Abz...where's your cargo?" Asked Wes casually. He wanted Abz to be slowed down, as Abz was only leaving to escape his partner...almost guaranteed to be The Yellow Mask.
"My...cargo...? It...I...don't...need it. ....Anymore." Abz finished with a growl, and he shoved Wes into the sled (The kind Bob-ombs had gave them a new one). Peach was already in, her desire to return to her castle turning her stale and bitter.
"Hurry up Wes! You and the penguin have to get me to my castle! RIGHT. NOW."
Abz ambled into the sled after Wes, and climbed to the front. Somewhere in the town, a door slammed open. Abz immediately grabbed the reins, and quickly snapped a whip. The sled went slowly, as they had been given Bleezards, which better running. However, by the time Abz had been told this, he had put them underground. A tirade of curses had followed.
"Go...GO!" Murmured Abz, the Bleezards going ridiculously slow. Abz started to sweat, and Peach started to pout. Only Wes was looking at Fahr Fahr Outpost when a bizarre number of things happened. First, Ice Blarrgs attacked, exploding right under the sled, and sending the Bleezards flying, and right onto the ground, where they started to speed on the ground. Peach almost went flying off the sled. Just as Peach was grabbing the sled to stay on, buildings in Fahr Fahr Outpost started to fall, and crash to the ground. Screams echoed from the place, and thousands of explosions erupted from the falling town. Peach turned in surprise. Abz never even looked. A Blarrg smashed into the sled again, instead sending the sled even faster to the south, towards the massive Crogo City

"What do you want?" Growled the gruff Pionpi. Pionpi's guarded the Airships, and some controlled the ships as well. It was hard cold fact that Pionpi's were one of the most powerful creatures in the world. "I'd like to take a flight...where are the landing ports?"
"Heh heh heh. A disgusting squirt like you...what...a...Koopa? Want's a ride on a Airship? Bwah hah hah hah!"
"Yes. I would."
"There are only 2. Don't get your worthless hopes up. Besides...you'll never have enough money in your entire LIFE to get on ere'."
"Oh really...how much coins?"
"Humph...500 per passenger."
"Whuh-" Seigal stopped himself. Airships WERE new technology, and these were new, not the old kind like the Koopa's used to have. Those who actually got on, such as Mario, claimed it was even greater then the Axem Ranger's technology, a mysterious group of robots, created by the great Smithy. But Seigal didn't really believe it. According to most, the Smithy Gang was god-like.
"You have something to say?" Smirked the Pionpi.
"No." Said Seigal silently. He had to get on a ship, and this meant one thing...he had to sneak on.

"What...how..." Peach's words tripped and stumbled, getting nowhere to the point of why a town-like area had just literally exploded.
The Blarrg seemed to have disappeared, perhaps with a head injury.
Meanwhile, Wes struggled with whether to reveal Abz's secret to Peach, or the fact that he even knew the plot to destroy the cities to Abz. But when the additions and negatives came to view, Peach's extreme wealth would help in the quest to find his memory. Abz only USED to have a wealth, and the cargo was illegal anyway.
"Abz...it's a strange coincidence we managed to escape the city in time...don't you think?"
Abz grunted. He was starting to realize the scarred Koopa knew what was really happening. An escape from the invincible Yellow Mask.
"Isn't it strange that the explosions match those of the Starman attacks...?" Wes didn't really know what a Starman attack looked like, but he was getting the reaction he wanted from Abz, as he was starting to shake.
"And...They never caught the Yellow Mask...right?"
"Be quiet." Whispered Abz.
"Your getting worried Abz. You know where I'm going. I heard you. Talking with HIM."
Peach looked up. This was starting to get interesting. To Wes, it was part of the plan. Gaining Peach's trust was all in the schedule.
"No. I..."
"Hmm...Bargaining with the serial killer himself? He must pay much for your 'Building materials'. More like killing material's, eh?"
"That...he never said he would kill..."
"DESTROY. And what? For some council...?"
This really caught Peach's attention.
"You...you're...this was all a plan to distract the Council?" Said Peach.
Abz groaned. The complex plan was melting like butter to fire.
"Just...shut up. I have nothing to do with this...I was only delivering the cargo-"
"So the Yellow Mask could attack?" Said Wes.
Peach gasped. "The...that was a Starman back there? That..."
"Abz, you’re a traitor. Why did you even bring us along, huh? Some kind of puppets in your little game?"
The sled hit a bump.
"IT'S NOT MY GAME. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS THE YELLOW MASK-"
"Who else could it be?" Shouted Peach. By now, everyone was standing up, and Abz wasn't paying attention to the direction.
"I...I'm sorry! I really..." The sled hit a giant bump and practically started flying. It smashed onto the ground, and it started to break up.
"I'm...so sorry. Really...I'm..." The sled hit the ground for a final time, and broke into pieces.

Penter clawed at the dungeon bars, outside, the muddy land was ugly, but it was freedom. Now that Qwerty had formed an alliance with Ironel, Penter had been thrown into the dungeon again, the reality that he would die. These thought's clouded through his head, and as he looked in the distance, a interesting scene caught his eye. A wandering group of what appeared to be Toad's headed this way. The leader, even from far away looked familiar. As they came closer, Penter nearly lost all hope in the fragile world that made sense. Mitch's rotting eyes stared back at him.

It was a stupid idea. A REALLY stupid idea. By the time Seigal had thought about it a little more, he was already in the storage barrel, which was being carried by Pionpi's to an Airship. It had all started 40 minutes ago. While leaving the Airship Dock, he noticed a load of cargo being transported to the Airship. When two of the Cargo men had knocked into each other, they started arguing, and soon, a fight had started. Seigal took this time to get into the barrel. When he got in, he found himself nearly covered in Erb Juice. By then, it was too late to get out. The two Pionpi's started working again, promptly picking up his barrel first. As he was being carried, the thought that he didn't even know where the Airship was going spoiled things even further.
"[darn]." He muttered. He would have to escape again. Or let fate take him wherever it wanted. Fate had already thrown him into ruler ship, and out of it...perhaps it could take him back in. Of course! If he could devise a plot to take back the Zizix...build an army, and take the Zizix back...then the tables would be seriously turned. Qwerty would be the one in prime danger, and Seigal would rule again. Even then...should he continue trying to get Peach? What about Mario? Or...Luigi? It was getting complicated, and the fact still remained that Seigal didn't know where the Airship was going. He knew that there was an Airship base in Diblis, but would that be where he would be taken?
"Shhh...Captain Durob doesn't know yet."
"What? ...Why? You think he care's about illegal products?"
The voices were two Pionpi's. They seemed to just happen to wander near the Barrels.
"These he does. Gives you...invincibility."
"No. I thought they destroyed them all."
"These are the last two...it seems, in the entire world. Enough power to destroy Crogo itself."
"We should get rid of them. They could be a problem."
"No. We're taking them to Diblis for Bowser."
"Bowser? You didn't hear he's dead?"
"What?"
"A mysterious chain of events...now the leader's some character called Qwerty."
"What kind of name-"
"That isn't the point...we can give Qwerty the Starmen. He is the new king anyways..."
"Shh...! I think Durob's coming."
The voice's faded away.

Crunch crunch crunch. The snow under Mario's feet melted away, the glowing Crowbar almost seemed to magnify Mario's skin, making it warmer. It made sense, as Mario's mind had already been bent into a chaotic storm of terror. Mario approached a group of broken buildings, they smoked as well. Metallic, round, bodies laid on the ground everywhere. But the culprit had already left, after his cohort who had ran away from the scene. Mario prodded bodies with his Crowbar. They didn't move. Mario whacked anyway, shrieking and screaming. There was no meat to be had, and Mario eventually gave up, wandering through the buildings, screeching and whacking things. After 10 minutes, the Crowbar glowed impatiently, and Mario smelled the ground. 4 blobs of meat had moved to the south. Mario didn't want to miss out. He continued his trek, the Crowbar glowing warmly.

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »
For my undying fans...
Hobo: I was told there would be hot food here!

PART 15

"Wake up...please...wake up." The whining voice could only belong to Peach.
"What...the snow..." The snow on his face burned like a raging fire. ...But Wes got up anyway. They were still in the Icoa Regions, but in the distance, a city glowed.
"Wes...we're almost there." Said Peach. It had to be Crogo City. It was huge, and from within, screams echoed. Above, an Airship prepared to leave.
"What...where's Abz?"
"He's knocked out cold. It doesn't matter. We have to get out of here."
Wes got up. The chilly winds were starting to break him down. He had to get to Crogo City soon. ...But could the penguin prove important?
"No...We can't just leave him here."
"What does it matter? He lied to us, and plotted to destroy Fahr with The Yellow Mask. He's almost insane."
"He get's proper justice."
"Are you kidding?"
Wes grabbed Abz. Abz was strangely easy to carry. Was Abz weak, or was Wes powerful?
"You are not carrying that...that..."
Wes ignored her. She stumbled after him, annoyed.
A long silence followed.
"Why'd you wake me up, princess?" Muttered Wes.
"Because...I can't get to Crogo alone."
"You can see it from here." Smirked Wes.
More uneasy silence.
Far away, a figure sped after them.
Beyond that, another figure trudged after them.

"It's this one!" Said the excited Pionpi, pointing at Seigal's barrel. The ominous Captain Durob stood over it.
"It was heavier then the others...I bet a sneak's on board, just like-"
"Shut up." Muttered Durob. The Ocklot Incident was an issue that couldn't be let out. "...Just open it."
Seigal quickly resorted to shell form, and held breath. It was a great way to hide, and when the top opened, the Pionpi's didn't see anything.
"Grab around in there." Ordered Durob. Seigal couldn't dodge this one.
CRASH!
The barrel tipped over, and rolled away. "ARRRrGH!" Screamed the Pionpi, his hand nearly ripped off. Seigal's problems weren't over yet, however. The barrel was rolling towards the edge, and the ship was taking off. Falling off the edge was 300 feet drop. The ship tipped back, however, and the barrel was flying straight at Durob.
"WHO'S STEERING THE SHIP?" Roared Durob, nearly dodging the barrel. His cohort, however, was hit full-force, and went flying off the ship, also breaking the barrel.
Seigal grabbed onto a Cannon, pointing off the ship. Then he noticed 6 glowing barrels. The Starmen. But how had they gone unnoticed by Durob? ...It didn't matter. If Seigal could get one, he'd be invincible. It wouldn't matter if he flew off the ship. The barrels started rolling towards open air. Seigal grabbed at the barrels, and was knocked off the Airship with them.

1 hour and 30 minutes after the previous events...

It was a huge gate, and very appropriate as the entrance to a large city- Crogo City. "Uhh..." Seigal knew he couldn't give his real name. He would have "Uhh..." Wes wasn't sure what to say. He knew he couldn't give his real name. He would have to make up a name...until Peach blurted it out. "He's Wes...and I'm Peach. Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. That thing Wes is carrying is-"
"I don't care about the names of bodies. What organs are you selling?"
Peach blanched at the question. Wes acted on like everything was normal.
"Heart...and brain. For the Nipper Plants."
The guard burst out laughing, and allowed them to pass. They continued along the roads, looking for the Airship route.
"Nice. That was great. I'm not sure if they let organ-er's onto Airships."
"Mmumphm." Muttered Wes. Ignoring the lump in the middle of the road.
"Ahhack!" He tripped over, and Abz landed in a mud puddle.
"Get...off of...me!" Growled the lump. It was actually Seigal, who had landed in his shell, only knocking him out. It was cracked now, and faint traces of blood were oozing out.
"Wes...come on. Some nasty homeless Koopa." Murmured, Peach, grabbing Wes.
Wes turned back to the Koopa. He looked familiar...very familiar...memories...of an army. Everyone was scared. But one Koopa was chosen to stay behind at the Castle, before the rest were sent to...march? This was him...this was...?
"Wes...! And...Peach???" Now it was getting weird. Seigal remembered Wes. The only Koopa with a "Luck Charm". The other Troopa's had thought it was funny. They must have been captured by Peach, or...but Peach was right there.
"Do you know each other?" Said Peach. "I might have enough...to take us all back." She showed a glimmer of gold coins.
"Yes...he becomes the Prime Servant of the lot." Said Wes. "It's starting to come back..."
"You've lost your memory?" Asked Seigal.
Peach felt awkward, being nowhere in the conversation. "Come on...we'll take an Airship back to my castle...we can sort everything out there."
"No...The Airship...it..." Seigal didn't know what to say. But he was slowly being pulled along the flow. He was getting somewhere.

Heavy breathing filled the air.
"Name." It was a huge gate, and very appropriate as the entrance to a large city- Crogo City. SLAM. He slammed his fist into the Nokonoko's face, instantly killing it. Even though the Yellow Mask was powerful, he still needed that extra power of the Starmen. And there, a crate of them lay, broken. 6 of them. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Silence...they had all left. All of them. About an hour ago. Qwerty, Placenta, the deranged Ironel and the entire Koopa Troop had left. All of them. No one guarded the castle. Only Penter was left, to rot in the prison cell. Since no one was guarding the castle, Mitch's Cult was already breaking in, to kill Penter. And Penter knew it. He tried to break the iron chains that hooked him to the cold, stone wall. Trapped like a mouse in a game. It depended how long it would take Mitch to find him.
The thoughts disturbed him. He clawed at the chains. All the while, the sounds of Mitch approaching kept him awake. Mitch was very obsessive. He came back from the dead, just to kill him.
"I smell something!"
His group had found a 1-up Mushroom? Weren't there none left?
"It's down here! In the dungeon...rotting..."
And he had traversed the vast desert, his horde behind him...
"Down...down...down..."
Just...to...kill...me... because he had killed him. Penter couldn't remember if it was a accident. It just happened.
Penter's thought's ended immediately. Mitch was down in the dungeon, the rotting freak. It was so impossible...
"Are you...Pentercz?" Gasped Mitch. A chunk of meat fell off. It was horrifically revolting, and tears came from Penter.
"Yes..."
And why didn't Mitch remember what Penter looked like? Perhaps his rotting eyes could not see? Or perhaps...
Immediately, Tenchai brought a hidden knife to Penter's throat, and slowly started cutting. Mitch proved his chaotic thoughts right, and from inside Tenchai's body, created a explosion. It affected no one but the now dead Tenchai. His gore everywhere. Penter started to sweat. He was obviously next. ...What could he say? He DID kill Mitch. And...Yes...on purpose. Death was undeniable. ...Unless...
"I am sorry for that. He was a fool, and did not know the strategy's of conquest."
Could Penter stay alive?
"What are you here for Mitch...? Don't waste your time with apologies."
"Yes...'Mitch'. That's what he used to be called, wasn't it?"
This was getting bizarre. The cult members who had seen this strange side of Mitch were starting to grow seriously uneasy. 3 members were currently plotting to escape.
Mitch continued. "Yes. I must thank you...Pentercz. For you have brought me back from the void of time...you have valuable knowledge...of plots..."
This wasn't Mitch. It was obvious to Penter. The cult members were struggling to believe it was Mitch. But most had already found out that something else had taken the chance when a free body was resurrected...
"Pentercz....help me. To destroy the Mushroom Kingdom...and further."
It was perfect. Penter hated the world. And this thing...'Mitch'...wanted it destroyed. And Mitch's explosion proved power enough. It wasn't Mitch, and it was good enough for Penter. Everything was being rushed now...because nobody had time anymore...something big...of this period of time...was affecting everything.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »
PART 16

His parents...they screamed and cried. They begged the little boy to join the army. They had trained him for months, to join the army. But the little boy was no longer little...he was big. He refused to move. He watched as his parents were sliced like salami. Blood everywhere. The threats and screams of the soldiers, ordering him to go, or share his parent’s fate. The boy said nothing. He rubbed the small charm, and left with them, crying all the way.

Heaving. Always heaving. Always in Crogo. Was it still Crogo? He looked up. He had a headache. It was killing him. And nearby, the Yellow Mask was hunched over, heaving, and breathing hard. He had fulfilled his plans. Now the city was destroyed. Bodies everywhere. And he laughed. And laughed. And Wes got up. And the air grew dense, and Wes knew that he was the only survivor. Everyone else had died painful deaths. He was the last. Of all. Except for the Yellow Mask.
"Ehh....a survivor? Heh heh. You must be quite powerful." Gasped the Yellow Mask. He had turned around, his face still hidden.
"You killed everyone." Said Wes, emotionless. What now?
"Heha hah hack! I...I brought them to salvation. This world is bad. Now they are in happiness."
"You killed them...to bring them happiness?"
"Now...now they live in Star Haven. All the good people."
"And what of the bad ones...?" An insane spiritual man?
"They deserve their fates in burning hell. They scream for help, and the Ztar tortures them forever."
"You...you're insane. You killed them all..."
"And what of you? You must die too...to live in Star Haven?" Continued the Yellow Mask. He was acting like a priest now. It could only get more disturbing from here.
"What if there is nothing afterwards? What if they are gone forever? All those you killed?"
"Do you not believe in the Star Spirits? You will live with the Ztar then, for you do not care for your brothers and sisters."
"...All things in this world don't really matter...for I remember nothing of what it really means."
Said Wes. A building burst into flames

"You must die. You will not accept the word of the Star Spirits." That was all the Yellow Mask had to say. He swung his meaty fist at Wes. From nowhere, a magical wall protected Wes. The fist bounced off.
"Wes...I'm here to help you...your friend." The Power Book had finally returned.
"Where have you been?" Murmured Wes. The Yellow Mask smashed his fist through the wall.
"WES! Concentrate. How much you hate this thing." Whispered the book.
Immediately, The Yellow Mask blew into the air, right into a fiery building. His costume and mask went flying off. And...Wario got up. His eyes blitzed in fire.
"7 years I've hidden. Defeat after defeat. I align myself with the Star Spirits, and I recovered. But..." The next part was a whisper. "...You know my identity. ...YOU WILL DIE. Not only will you die, you shall burn! BURN!" He was screaming now. Rather like Mario did. In rage, Wario snatched a Starman.
"6 more!!! HAHHAHAHH! I only need 1 for you however. And you will die. And you will wish you believed in the Star Spirits!" Wario immediately ate the Starman. With an explosion of light, Wario glowed in an unholy aurora.
"Concentrate...hate him. HATE HIM! HATE HIM! HATE HIM! Screamed the Book. Wes already hated him. He hated everyone. They had to die. He had to kill them. And the book...
"SHUT UP!" Roared Wes, not sure who he was talking to, considering Wario wouldn't be quiet either. By the time the spell hit Wario, he was running at Wes. It fired Wario into one of his own victims, blood exploding. And the Starman...disappeared. In an event of unequal magic, Wes had destroyed the powers of a Starman. Wario was shaking. This...this was almost powers worth the Star Spirits. One more spell...Wario would die. It just depended...an agonizing spell...or a quick spell?
"No...No...Please....please....OH SPIRITS...GET AWAY FROM ME! AUUUUGHGHHGH!" What happened to Wario is still unknown.

After 20 minutes, Wes lay in the middle of a chaotic heap. Everyone was dead. His friends...were they friends? Were they? He barely knew them...
"Wes." The nasty voice whispered. The book.
"What." Said Wes. He had no life. He still didn't know who he was. Just bizarre dreams...
"Wes...I know how we can bring them back to life." Whispered the book.
"Just touch me...and commit yourself."
"What....?" Said Wes. It didn't sound good.
"Commit yourself Wes. Commit yourself. Just say you commit to me." The book whispered.
"What do you mean...?" Said Wes.
Wes was wasting time, so the book forced him to commit. It was too bad none of his "group" had really died.

The dusty wind blew around the crooked, smashed buildings. A trail had formed in the snow; someone had left the destroyed city. Most of the beings in the building had been killed, the ruthless attack quick and merciless. ...Yet three survived. They had been kept in a magical force field, for hidden reasons, and the savior just as mysterious. And it was not coincidence that they were all about to board an Airship, or that they had a bizarre relationship with Wes, all short, except for the princess, who had just began to 'get used' to him. Yet now he was gone, and like before, Peach was the first awake. Like before, it was frightening. The prospect that she might be the only one that had survived, the sled, the city. And at first, she didn't remember what happened. About to board a ship, and...? But the memory came back, and the question hanged in the air.
"Was she the only survivor?" Unbeknownst, No.
It was confirmed as Seigal got up, bruised, with an aching head. He had found Abz, under a heap of metallic roofing. By now, Abz was so thrown about, it was impossible to tell whether he was actually alive or not. Peach carried him this time, as she was feeling stronger and Seigal had no idea who Abz was. They almost said nothing, and they followed the tracks in the snow...the tracks, perhaps, made by Wes. He had gone this way, heading towards the castle. It seemed like a direct route, and they carried on, right through the forest, and onto the Muddy Road. The castle was miles away. But how? It normally should have taken hours to cross the wide, flat area between Crogo and The Muddy Road. Yet it took only 1 hour. Time was almost distorted. Something big was coming. The duo continued trudging, until Abz suddenly woke up, perhaps in an inconvenient time.

If you were looking at a globe of the world, and spun to the side that held most of the Mushroom Kingdom, and bits and corners of bigger, yet less interesting kingdoms, you would notice a number of essential groups, all heading in the same direction. From the Koopa Kastle, and now near where a Duplighost pretending to be Kooply, was a massive, savage, Koopa Troop Army. Behind them, a small cult was following, and in the two groups, a massive thread of hatred was spun, from Ironel to Mitch. She didn't even know he was following her. From the west, a tiny group of three traveled, and they were the second closest to the final destination. Behind them, one, insane individual followed, dragging a Crowbar, which still glinted, because the fun was almost to begin, and the man carrying it screamed for meat. And already reaching the castle, a figure and its book, which the figure held closely entered the castle. A innocent Toad exploded. They're screams of terror were soon ended. Only one Toad escaped. And the figure climbed the castle, heading for the Tower, his book grinning insanely. They were all heading for the castle, and only one group could win control of destiny.

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »
PART 17

"Let...go...of...me!" Abz shoved off Peach, sweating desperately.
"What...what the hell happened?" He sputtered. By now, they were all near the castle, close to the outside Dungeons, where Bowser had been kept days ago. From here, they could see a stream of blood creeping around the corner from the entrance to the castle. Someone had already come here. Killed the Toads, and was now in the chamber they had desperately rebuilt. The chamber to the Tower. But the Tower was still gone. It was too difficult to rebuild, and the Toad's never had enough time, before the warped creature had come.
"Where in the...?" Abz continued his confused rant.
"We had to carry you. Me and Wes. Of course, Wes is gone now, and-"
Peach walked into a puddle of blood. "Ahhhah!" She screamed, falling backwards into the red mess. It soaked into her dress, becoming a dark red color.
"What...has happened here?" She cried, standing up, the blood dripping off her dress.
Seigal suddenly demonstrated a secret talent. "Whatever did this...was with magic." They turned the corner, the bodies horrifically mangled. And a trail of blood leading into the castle.
Abz already knew it was a lure. He knew it had to be Wes too, and Koopa's were always trying to get the princess. If he could trade with him...
"To show you how sorry I am, I want to help you with this...problem." Abz suddenly piped up.
"Your choice. If we can reason with...whatever, I'm still taking you to the Dungeon. And you will rot." Peach wanted Abz to run. He was a bumbling idiot, and not really evil. Just...dumb.
"That's okay." Said Abz.
Peach was so shocked by the carnage that she didn't really notice Abz's hidden, but easily seen plan, scrawled across his face. They began following the trail.

The Koopa Army came next. They had smashed through Toad Town, stealing food, and just trashing everything. Qwerty already knew that Peach had gone in, her delicate shoe-prints were in the snow. They noticed the body's, but knew the offender was seriously outnumbered.

Next was the insane Mario. The smell of blood lured him to the corpses, and then the smell of alive meat heading up the castle continued his trail.

And last, Mitch's cult. They're plan: To take over the Central Government of the Mushroom Kingdom. From there, the bloodthirsty destruction would be even easier.

And far, far away, Blibby crawled into the Ancient Forest, his wounds would soon cripple him, trapping him in the dark woods.

Drip. Drop. The scene was gruesome. Above the throne, a Toad hanged from the ceiling, his numerous wounds dripping onto the floor, right in front of Wes, whose face was now hid by a shadow created by the dark cloak he wore. On an armrest, a certain book laid, face down. Literally.
"I...I'm...so...glad...you...could...make...it." Gasped the choking voice within the cloak.
"What...why? Why did you do this? These Toads...they served my every whim. I needed them, to do my every bidding." Peach was starting to realize how lazy and pathetic she sounded.
"This...is so..." Seigal couldn't find a word. Just hours ago, Wes was an unknown, yet nonviolent individual. Now he was a seemingly insane monster.
"So...what...Seigal? Death...is...for...those...who...are...weak. Only...the...strong...sit...back...and...Watch."
Within a microsecond, an cursed circle, like the one used on Mitch, went around Peach and Seigal. Abz was left out. Suddenly, his plan was crashed. Wes already had Peach. ...But Seigal? He would have to escape. Abz immediately began running for the hallway outside, and easy escape it should have been. Instead, Abz was hit by an invisible force, and smashed to the ground, before Wes. He would soon figure out he was held to the ground.
"Now...a...end...to...the...worthless." Murmured Wes. He snapped his fingers. Abz appeared dead.
Peach and Seigal couldn't move, but they could still speak.
"Wes...you...you even said...justice. You're..."
"I...didn't...kill...him...I...destroyed...his...soul."
Peach started screaming. However, the chaos hadn't even begun yet.
Qwerty burst in, his army behind him, filling the room.
"Peach, I have come to capture you..." Qwerty stood shocked. Placenta and Ironel, his unofficial generals, came from behind. Ironel stood no chance.
"I...will...take...you...as...well...Ironel." Gasped Wes. An invisible force pulled Ironel into the ghastly circle of light, trapping her. It was obvious she was trying to emotionally escape. It wasn't working. "ATTACK!" The scream suddenly echoed out, just like the beginning of the tale...

Immediately, the soldiers fanned out, many different species flooded the room. Most couldn't fit through the door. Wes used powers to slam the door shut, locking out the rest of the army. Some headed for the force field, to break it, and rescue Ironel. Some attacked Wes, but were blown up in the Ironel fashion. Qwerty had backed into a corner, contemplating escape, next to a window. No. He couldn't leave his men. BOOM! A scream. Even though Wes was a supernatural force. As he started to back away, everything got worse. Mario's Crowbar broke through the door, but Mario had already killed the outside soldiers. Mario screamed, wildly swinging his Crowbar everywhere. Another Koopa was blown up, but the shell survived, smacking into Placenta, who flailing backwards, knocked into the stunned Qwerty. He fell backwards through the window, falling onto the moat. His fate was unseeable.
"I...I..." Gasped Placenta. He didn't have long to gasp. Mario sliced through his head, flying through the insane frenzy of soldiers, discouraged, seeing all 3 commanders conquered within 2 minutes. Some tried to escape. Wes blew them up. The ones that attacked anyway were killed too. It was hopeless, and soon, it was obvious, everyone would die, no matter what. Some slinked into corners, and will kill anyway. Then...
CRASH! Through the broken door, Mitch slinked into the blood filled room, as well as Penter, and the cult. An invisible wall sealed the cult away, however, and they scratched the wall to join Mitch.
Mitch noticed the book on the throne.
"So...we meet again." Smirked Mitch. From somewhere, a creepy hollow laughing echoed.
"Meet...again...?" Gasped Wes. But hidden in his voice, he knew Mitch was right.
"I'm not talking to you weakling." Laughed Mitch. "The great book...the downfall..."
More laughing.
"No...More...you...all...will...share...the...same...fate." Gasped Wes. The force tried to pull Mitch in, but he stood in one spot, laughing. Penter was affected however, and scratched at the floor, scrabbling to stay upright. He too, was pulled into the force-circle, glowing with unholy light.
Both Wes and Mitch and the hollow laughing all laughed. The time had now come. The four who had been spared were only side notes to the true battle that was about to begin.
"Mitch...help." Gasped Penter. He couldn't believe he was asking his hated enemy for help. Now it was all over...
"Good...bye." Laughed Wes. The force glowed, and the four disappeared, not to be seen again.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 02:40:46 AM »

No! I don't want that!

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »
Did you use Photoshop? Nice.

PART 18

They didn't have to wake up. In fact, they were suddenly standing up, in a grove, in a darkened forest. It was obviously night, as the distant calls of Pider's echoed in the distance. Seigal hadn't even called his attention to Mario...but Peach had. She was mumbling to Mario, almost unintelligible from fear.
"Please...Mario..." Mario stood upright. It was hard to tell whether he was awake or not.
"Peach...Peach..." Muttered Mario. He wasn't screaming anymore. It was also interesting to note that the Crowbar was gone.
"Mario...Mario..." Cried Peach. "Please...are you...?"
"Peach...what's happened?" Muttered Mario. He was not insane anymore.
"Mario!" Cried Peach, slamming into him. Seigal stood back, never even knowing Mario's situation. Penter stood thoughtfully. Where HAD Mario been this whole time?
"Peach...why...? Why...are we here...? My mind...I can't remember anything...except...Luigi."
"Mario...you...you've been scary! No...That’s not a good way to say it...you've been..." Peach blubbered.
"I...just...don't remember anything." Muttered Mario. Peach knew she couldn't tell Mario what had happened. He would be...
"Where are we...?" Said Mario. He was acting rather mindless at this point, although it was a good question.
"It seems to be the Ancient Forest." Said Seigal, who finally spoke. Penter examined the area.
"That's what you call...the forest...right?" Asked Peach. She was starting to think of coporating this into Mushroom Kingdom knowledge as well.
"Yeah..."
A moment of silence passed.
"Well...we have to get back to my castle...and..." It wasn't really a plan. Wes had ridiculous power. Penter knew Mitch did too, and it could be a factor that they joined forces.
"Let's find something." Said Mario, still confused. Especially the part where a Toad was a near a Koopa, and was not screaming in fear.
"Well...c'mon." Said Peach, annoyed.

2 hours of hiking passed. The whole time, Mario had been trying to figure things out. Something finally registered. "BLOOD GROVE!" Mario shouted, making everyone else jump.
"That...that place we were in...That was Blood Grove!" Cried Mario. But the bodies were gone. It seemed some time had passed.
"Blood...Grove..." Said Peach. That was the name of the ancient war grove. It was zoned out as a piece of history, back when the Tribes fought for territory.
"Yes...I remember. I was fighting with Luigi, and Luigi got hurt, and then I gave him food, and..." Mario suddenly realized he had left Luigi in his house.
"Oh no...if that was Blood Grove...we've been heading Northwest...my house should be ahead...MOVE!" Mario shoved Seigal out of the way. The rest hurriedly ran after him.

The wood had rotted, and the brown paint was peeling off, leaving a disgusting cross between yellow and brown.
"Mario...Mario! Stop running!" Cried Peach, stumbling after him. The rest shifted coolly. Neither really had a history anyway, so anything could go for them.
Mario smashed the door open, crashing through, into the house. A smell of Snifits lurked out. The rest slowly followed, the smell crushing and choking.
Mario was leaning on a wall, staring at the carnage inside the kitchen. It was better then before now, since all the bodies were now skeletons. 4 of them, one Luigi's.
Mario said nothing, biting his lip. At the door, Seigal climbed through, noticing a broken receiver.
"Hello?" He said. "Helloke? Tracked...Markio's...helck..."
The surreal voice from what seemed months ago struck back. Seigal shivered, and stepped near the door. He wasn't taking chances.
"How could this have happened to your house so fast...Mario?" Penter asked.
Peach glared at him, desperately trying to hide a fury hate inside. She still hated Penter, and only because of Orbix would Mario not allow a Toad to die. If only Orbix hadn't...
"He's dead." Sniffed Mario, finally speaking. "Luigi...he's dead...but...but..." Mario still didn't know how Luigi had died. Peach knew, and wondered if she should reveal what had happened to Luigi.
Mario punched a wall, and it came cascading down, revealing a family of wild Snifits. Mario slammed down on them, with a classic jump, breaking another wall, revealing the stairs, on the other corner of the large wall. Mario stayed silent, and they ended up staying the night. Mario fell to a bed from tire. The rest fiddled around with a damaged Television they had found, trying to find the news, perhaps to see if a Search Party had gone out yet, or if Wes was making an influence. Penter wasn't even sure. He was convinced they were in an alternate dimension. Everything was strange, and foreboding. Seigal had told the rest about the receiver, which was foolish anyway, but Penter found it interesting. By this time, the body's still should have been rotting, not already dry bones. Yet...
"This crud is worthless!" Cried Peach, showing her snotty side again. It DID seem to be true, though, as all it did was wildly crackle. Peach kicked it to the floor, and grabbed the last bed, as they’re only two.
"You didn't have to do that!" Growled Penter after her, knowing it was pointless anyway. She would simply ignore him. Penter mumbled, and went upstairs, looking for something to rest on. Seigal continued watching the crackling Television, as it sparkled and cracked. He eventually dozed off from boredom.

2 hours later, Seigal jumped up. A voice was coming from the machine, very stringy, and hard to make out.
"I...shel...Big...out...woods...come..."
Seigal quickly pulled a knob, even though he had no idea what it did.
"Star...Carni...shelter...direct...uth...of....cas...BZZERT." The TV blew off, and fell, shattering the glass. It had finally broken, but fortunately right before leaving an important message.
"Thank you." Whispered Seigal, and began preparing for another journey.

"This really sounds fake to me...did anyone else hear it?" Mumble Peach, still crabby from being woken up early. It WAS early, the sun only just appearing over the trees, although it could already have been noon, the trees shading the land.
"Whether it's fake or not, it will take us somewhere, instead of staying in that rickety shack." Muttered Penter, who wanted to leave anyway, as Mario forced them to bury the bodies. Penter had really thought it was a waste of time. Mario meanwhile, was still trying to figure out why he couldn't remember anything of the past 4 or 5 days. ...And why no one would tell him what had happened. He knew they were lying when they said that they weren't there. They HAD to be, and the lie was so obvious, it almost seemed to hint at something. Continuing the trek, the 4 continued the journey, unaware of the upcoming group.

"This is so ridiculous...this must have a deeper meaning." Complained Dirgivous, stomping down the road, poking at grass with his spear, which he was actually borrowing for the day.
"I mean...we're only children! And...They send us to the Outside?"
"It's a punishment Dirgi. And it's YOUR fault. They only sent ME out so I could protect you. Why did you have to steal they're stuff? They were keeping us safe! And you had to-"
"Shut up!" Yelled Dirgivous, trying to save his weak position in the argument. "YOU are my last guardian anyway! They sent you out because you should have taught me not to-"
"You realize you’re downgrading yourself, right." Sighed Grific, speeding up to catch his annoying younger brother.
"That's what Dad used to always say..." Muttered Dirgivous.
"I knew it! You listened to our private conversations, you rat!" Growled Grific.
"It's not fair that you got to talk to Dad before the-"
They walked right into the other group.

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 06:17:31 PM »
PART 19

"Ahhhgh!" At the same time of the scream, an immense explosion let out, blowing snow to the distance. The sudden change in temperature had shocked the Toad into pain, everything felt like she had fallen into lava, deep and hot, and forever painful. The emotional, extreme, explosions cast it away eventually, and she rested, slowly being buried in snow, breathing painfully. Why she had been separated from the 4 others, was a mystery, and she was all alone in the windy, flat, emotionless land. Warming herself with mental explosions, she began her way to the south, hoping for a sign of life.

"Watch where you’re going!" Growled Dirgivous, forgetting the facts of the world. Grific simply watched in awe. The group essentially copied Grific, staring at the beings they had finally found. Within a second, Seigal grew defensive by ancient instinct, for these were neither Koopa nor Toad. "Yoshi's. ...I haven't seen them in a long time." Murmured Peach. Her shock was shared by the others. The Yoshi's almost had the exact same reaction.
"Surviving Outsiders?" Said Grific. "Dirgi...if we turn them in...We might be accepted back in...There hasn't been any Outsiders since the-"
"Outsiders!" Shouted Dirgi, jumping up and down. "We thought everyone else was dead, and-"
"What...is going on?" Asked Mario, his confusion growing. And his nervous feelings.
"Red hat...Blue overalls...-"
"Don't get me started." Droned Mario. This usually happened every time he went on a complicated quest.
"I can't believe this...everyone thought you were dead. And...You don't even look older!" Said Dirgivous, finally getting an important word over his older brother.
"It hasn't been very long..." Said Peach, speaking before Mario could get a chance to question her again.
The Yoshi's looked at each other. This was a bizarre quartet. Mario, Peach, a Toad, and...A Koopa?!? And now, it seemed as if they had lost they're memories. Or...something like that. Dirgivous wasn't sure.
"But...Mario...Peach...you've been missing...for...10 years!"

Peach fainted, her delicate thoughts shattered like a rock to a glass house. It was almost like she fell asleep in mid air, her shoes tipping her from falling over. It was a queer moment, and this aggregated Mario further.
"Is this a joke to you...?" He yelled. But everyone else knew it was the truth, the apocalypse feeling world was slowly closing in on them. Only Mario had not seen the horrors of Wes, or been on a chaotic quest, each with different purposes.
"Mario...you and Peach...and the others, you all have to come with us to the Ballyhoo Dome." Said Grific. Outsiders would be a key to an early return.
"Ballyhoo Dome...?" Muttered Mario. He knew MC Ballyhoo, the annoying, screeching freak who had bothered him, 3 years ago, when the Star Carnival came by. Peach tried to guarantee it a vacation, and Toadette, who was an idiot, tried to convince him candy was healthy. In the end, it was another disgusting trip, everyone acting drunk, too much candy and Erb Juice, and even the MC himself had swigs of the stuff. It eventually ended in disaster, when a drunken Hammer Bro threw a hammer at the tent walls, thinking he was playing Gun the Runner. The walls blew down, and the Star Carnival hurried away, embarrassed, towards the Festive Beach, near Crogo City. Mario always figured the nasty creatures in Crogo had attacked it. Apparently not.
"Someone...give me a painkiller." Muttered Mario, wishing he remembered the old recipe used for the Viruses.
The Yoshi's took it as a joke, and pleaded the group to come with them. They still easily came anyway, and Dirgivous even offered to carry Peach, which he did. The rest of the time was filled in silence, the Yoshi’s guaranteeing that the Master of the Carnival could answer all of they're questions. Mario stayed silent, wishing Peach would wake up. Seigal wondered what the Koopa Kingdom was like, now that Qwerty was supposedly dead. Could he take over again? Penter questioned what had exactly happened to Penter and Mitch's alliance. Had Mitch lied all along? Was he united with Wes? Or were they both there at the same time by coincidence? And Peach dreamed of a withering Toad, talking to a shadowed figure. The Toad was crippled, using long wooden poles to support himself. He aligned himself with the figure, asking for health, and in return, a plan. A plan for what? It almost seemed as if the Toad saw her, and Peach cried herself into another nightmare.

Dirgivous emerged from the forest, in front of a massive Dome. It was really a dome, a giant glass circle covering what looked like tents inside.
"What are you doing back here?" Shouted the angry guard, sitting in a glass perch on the wall. He hated Dirgivous more then he hated anyone else in the Ballyhoo Dome.
"We bring new outsiders!" Shouted Grific back and Dirgivous fully emerged, with the collapsed Peach on his back.
The guard was sincerely shocked, but still hated Dirgi, and wanted the process to take as long as possible. "I'll have to check with the Prime Guard-"
"These are OUTSIDERS. Are you not listening? The Parchment orders that Outsiders are immediately brought in for questioning."
Seigal started to feel nervous again, balanced between Mario and the strange peoples of the future. What had Wes done to the world?
"This is a special case, Yoshi. You were ordered to leave this place for a year, fend for yourself against the Deltas."
"Then take them inside." Sighed Grific. "What about us?" Whined Dirgivous.
"Whatever you say." Laughed the guard, opening a huge glass door for the quartet. Mario carried Peach inside, and the door was shut again.
"Better go find some food." Laughed the guard, sitting comfortably in his perch.
The duo left fast, as it was almost nightfall, and the Delta's would be out.

Although beautiful and complex on the outside, the inside of the Ballyhoo Dome was nothing special. Toads with raggedy clothes and Koopas with chipped shells wandered in the abysmal tents. A Shy Guy with no mask hid in a corner. The guard led them past the tents, towards a massive tent which Mario remembered as the Star Battle Tent.
"Go in there, and wait." Muttered the guard, and he went back to his post.
"Thanks." Said Penter silently. The guard laughed.
The inside was colorful, with a stage and a few tables. At the back was a door with complex markings. Someone could be heard mumbling inside.
Peach seemed to wake up by this, and quickly asked question, most of which couldn't be answered anyway. She eventually slumped in a chair, listening to the chants.
An hour passed.
"Ugh..." Muttered Peach, bored as ever.
"Be patient. He might be able to answer our questions." Spoke Mario watching the door.
"Yes...I can answer ALL of your questions..." Said the annoying voice of MC Ballyhoo. Mario always hated the name. In fact, Mario always hated everything about Ballyhoo. Those feelings rose again as the annoyance danced over to the table.
"Helloooo!" Said Ballyhoo in his most annoying voice.
"Hello." Muttered Mario. Mario glared at Ballyhoo, and then continued. "After an hour of waiting, I'm sure you know that we're 'Outsiders' or whatever. And I'm sure you know we have questions that must be answered."
"Yes...I know all...even how to..."
"I don't care. You’re going to answer our questions...and then you can play games." Growled Mario.
Ballyhoo laughed, but on top of his head, Big Tops eyes burned with intense rage into Mario. Big Top was Ballyhoo's hat, which was bizarrely alive. Big Top continued glaring, and Ballyhoo continued laughing. Half and half, bottom and top. Two different feelings, in one.

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 05:48:45 PM »
PART 20

"First...answer me some question." Said Ballyhoo, conducting business as usual. Everyone else was annoyed.
"First...tell me why you’re the first Outsiders to roam this land in 6 years?"
"Outsiders...?" Muttered Mario.
"Yes...those who are alone, with no safe political place...I see you’re not up to date."
"Maybe you should be answering the questions." Growled Mario.
"Mario...let ME handle him." Giggled Peach. Peach was one of the group that actually liked the party. She also seemed to have a secret crush on Ballyhoo. Mario was disgusted, but sat down anyway. Then Peach got worse, revealing everything.
"We were...time warped...from the past...maybe 10 years?" Mario scowled. Seigal was annoyed that he wasn't getting a word, especially since he WAS royalty. Sort of.
"Time...warped?" Joked Ballyhoo, and he burst out laughing. Everybody except Peach scowled.
"She's crazy." Said Penter. "The...er...Delta's attacked her. Made her...insane."
"The Wes Delta's attacked her, and she survived? What a wondrous girl." Ballyhoo, at least what seemed to be Ballyhoo knew that they really had time warped. But he loved their lies, syrupy decievance.
"Wes...Delta's?" Muttered Penter.
"Now I AM concerned." Said Peach, getting interested, instead of bored. "What do you mean...Wes...Delta's?"
"The one...and only." Laughed Ballyhoo. "Well...not one. More like millions. And only a fraction of Wes's total Army. Most are robots. All of the soldiers with those weird names are robots."
Mario sprang up, ignoring Ballyhoo's constant laughs. "You mean...Wes built an army?"
"Right on the spot!" More laughs. "Wes pretty much built the entire army, all by hand...or whatever he does. He makes them in ranks...Alpha, Omega, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Zeta..."
"An entire army..." Sighed Peach, losing her spunk. Taking back her position would be truly impossible.
"He used to attack the towns and cities of the world, now everyone’s in ruins. The Koopa's of the east ended up joining the Sarasa Factor. The Toads came here. Some Koopas. The others scattered into other factors, war armies, all planning to take down Emperor Wes. Nobody seems to notice, though, is that they don't attack anymore, except the Delta's at night. Mostly, they protect Wes's Castle. He's doing something...some think he's building an ultimate robot...something called a 'Kappa' but I don't think so. The entire universe is pulsating...something beyond time and space is happening there...something unnatural...unholy..." Mario was too tired to notice that Ballyhoo was just feeding them information. He was too tired to notice that Ballyhoo had replaced his voice with a serious one. Nor did he notice that Big Top was silently saying everything he did. It was right to be tired, as the long night passed over head.

What now? I thought they would let us back in for sure, with the inclusion of the Outsiders." Complained Dirgivous, the situation bleak, huddling in the cold, small, cave. Although warm at day, night in the land was freezing and dangerous, combined with the nasty Delta's, waiting to eat flesh, even though they were robots with no minds.
"Me too..." Muttered Grific, directly under the edge/roof of the cave, waving around a spear their only protection against the robotic Army.
"Look out!" Gasped Dirgivous, looking at the overhang, a robotic claw grabbing at Grific. He leapt up and stabbed his spear at it, watching with satisfaction as steam and electricity blew out of it, a sign the hand would blow up. Grific leapt back into the cave, and the hand blew up, the body who owned it as well. Looking out carefully, Grific sighed with relief.
"It's okay...it was only a Tau." Dirgivous came a little closer. It made sense. Most of the robots would not blow up from a simple electrical discharge. Only the weak ones could be affected by a spear, like Phi, Chi, and Rho. It seemed Wes chose ranks by the interest of names.
"Come on...let's get out of here. Thier could be others...like Delta's." Whispered Grific. They quickly ran out of the cave, deeper into the woods. Because of the warped condition of Space Time, they could see Wes's Castle from here, an ominous hint at horrible magic and science. To further prove this, a horrible scream echoed from the Castle. Just 10 years ago, the place was happy and joyful. The Yoshi's hadn't been alive long, for they would've known that the place was full of secret misery as well, 10 years ago. The death of Mitch. And for the special Toad's, those like Penter, and Orbix, it was misery serving the government.

It was true, that a great robot named Kappa had been built in the domain of Wes, but it was not as powerful as the rumors told. He was more of a close servant to King Wes, the great king of all. He was the smartest of the robot, closely built by Wes. Wes and his mysterious partner had built it, as great as it could be. It represented Wes himself, with great limbs. Wes was mysteriously happy about it, approved, and emotionless. That had been a year ago. Now, Wes was annoyed with the robot, at least the seeable emotions were.
"Great King Wes of all...I bring news of travelers!"
"Do...not...bring...news...Kappa...bring...THEM!" An invisible force hit Kappa.
"I'm sorry sir...only a worthless Tau reported it...2 Yoshi's. They came in contact with the Ballyhoo Dome, with...a quintet. The quintet was let in, but the Yoshi's were objected. Do you think they have a problem with Yoshi's sir...?"
"No...because...of...the...Factors...Ballyhoo...would...never...let...anyone...get...away...unless...he's...truly...a...fool. Leave...me...I...must...think...about...this."
Kappa left, an intelligent robot confronting the world. Same with the mindless Wes, watching the robot leave, and planning for the quintet, that would be coming, eventually.

Sezin 10

Over time, the bitter cold broke her down, even with her powers of the mind. The snow was massive here, biting into her flesh. And then another appeared. He was up ahead, cloaked and hooded. In his arms, he held a book without a face.
"Ironel." He murmured, cold winds swirling around them. Even the book had it's own winds.
"What...do...you want?"..."...Where are we, Phantom?"
"Ironel...this...is...you’re...You’re...des..." He struggled to speak without waiting. He tried to say the words without pausing. He was unsuccessful.
"Destiny...it's...your...destiny...This...is...the...land...we...shall...create."
Some thousand miles off, the sound of screeching metal echoed, beyond the mountains in the snow distance.
"With...my...friends. My...wonderful...friends!" His scratchy attempt at laughing was disturbing.
More metal screeching. A roar accompanied it.
"Friends...friends...friends......... You...and me. We can win. Because...you hold...tremendous power. And with me, you shall kill your...enemies."
The screeching metal bit into her ears.
"We only have one thing in common Phantom. We are both insane. Are powers...are tremendous...and from our minds. But you...naturally want destruction. This land of the future..."
"Ironel...it will only take 40 Sezin's..." He muttered, taking out a strange watch. Over 100 symbols lay on it. In the center, was a book with eyes. The 100 images seemed to be divided into 8 sections, each section with an image. One was a Koopa. Three were Toads. One was some kind of huge machine, with an evil face. One appeared to be Wes himself, with blank eyes. And two humans, one was split between evil and good, with a twisted face, he was half.
"In...40...Sezin's...the...world...shall...become...chaos...our...land."
A scream erupted from the mountains.
"We...shall...repeat...the...great...cycle...of...time...by the Spirits..."
And then she was forced to walk towards the mountains, where the clanking of metal sounded. Looking over the side, thousands upon thousands of creatures of all kinds were in a giant whirlwind of chaos. It represented all the elements, in a single combination of terror and torture. In the center, the evil metal machine was laughing, spearing everyone who went by, and injecting flames.
"Come to my...castle....I...will...be...waiting." And the flames enveloped Wes, and Ironel fell into the scene, the pain immense.

The prisoner woke up, startling the Guard, who wasn't supposed to be there at all.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »

The Luigi back there is from a fan comic I'm reading at DA
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print