Print

Author Topic: The Mushroom Kingdom's Annual Ball  (Read 22404 times)

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2005, 08:30:30 PM »
Chapter 29: The Award Ceremony ~ Every cried with applause as Bowser dipped Peach into their final dance move and the band stopped.
"WE HAVE A WINNER!!!" Toadsworth yelled through the megaphone.  Streamers and confetti poured onto the dance floor as the audience cried their applause.  Daisy marched off of the dance floor in disgust, but Mario stayed to applaud, "Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in a decade, the winners are not the Ballroom Dancing Boos, but none other, than Princess Peach and the King Koopa, Lord Bowser!" Toadsworth cried again.  PEach looked into Bowser's eyes.
"We did it," she said, "Thank you Bowser...for everything."  This was the happiest moment of Bowser's life...ever.

The crowd settled down and everyone watched as Toadsworth prepared his speech.
"Well everyone.  I would just like to say thank you all for showing up here.  It's safe to say this was the best Ball yet.  And now for the awards!"  Toadsworth brought out a huge golden trophy, with a star placed at the top.  It read: "MUSHROOM KINGDOM'S ANNUAL BALL DANCE-OFF" across the bottom.  Peach had always dreamed of having that beautiful thing in her room!  "This award goes to the dancers who were able to dance the longest, our very own, Princess PEach and Bowser."  Everyone cheered once more as Peach and Bowser went up on stage to accept their great shining award.  Peach looked at her reflection in the beautiful trophy and saw tears of happiness well up in her eyes.  She looked down at all the familiar faces cheering for her.
"THANK YOU!" she screamed as she almost fell off the stage.  Daisy looked towards the ground, her arms crossed and a scowl on her face.  She was mumbling something to herself.  Bowser and Peach left the stage and back into the audience for the announcment of the "Style of Dance" award which was decided by the Shy Guy judges.  One of the Shy Guys stood up and handed Toadsworth a small peice of paper.  He then sat back down at the judges table.
"And the winner of the Style of Dance contest is..."  Toadsworth read the note as Daisy smoothed her dress and practiced smiling for when she would recieve her reward for dancing so beautifully.  "...Luigi and Piantina for their unique dancing style of the robot!" Toadsowrth cried.  Everyone gasped, but roared in applause.
"WHAT?!?!" Daisy cried loudly, though everyone ignored her.  It was then that Daisy was SO peeved she developed a nasty twitch.
"WHOOOOOOOO!!!" Luigi cried as he marched onto stage with his Pianta date (Piantina).  "Thank you!  I knew I'd win!"  Piantina was jumping with joy.  Toadsworth handed Luigi another trophy, that basically looked like Peach's trophy, only it read: "MUSHROOM KINGDOM'S ANUUAL BALL BEST DANCE STYLE"  Luigi cried a cry of victory, and ran down the stage, tripping on something, and falling on top of a goomba.
"Thank you all for coming!" Toadsworth cried, "And good nigh-"
"WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!?!" Daisy yelled over the crowd.
"What?  OH!  Yes, Daisy, I almost forgot."  Daisy smiled widely.  "After a bit of......researh, we have found out that you are guilty of accusing Princess Peach having a Bom-Omb strapped to her, AND for bribing a ghost to throw a banana peal at Peach, thus making her trip."  Everyone gasped.
"WHAT?" Daisy cried, "You can't proove that!"
"Oh can't I?" Toadsworth asked as he held up the fake letter accusing Peach of being a human bomb, "I gave this letter to Professor E Gadd who found that you had written your name in the letter, but then quickly tried to erase it, but not good enough.  Professor Elvin Gadd found your erased named using a blacklight!"  It was then that Toadsworth held up a blacklight to the letter.  Indeed you could tell that the name 'Princess Daisy' was once written at the bottom of the letter.  She gasped.
"...oh yeah??!?!  Well...you can't proove the bribing the ghost thing!" Daisy cried out.  Toadsworth was about to speak when the same green ghost that she bribed appeared on stage.
"Look!" he cried, holding up 10 dollars, "This is the money Princess Daisy bribed me with!"  Everyone gasped, "I even had Prof. E. Gadd use finger print powder to find that indeed, it was YOUR money!"  everyone turned to Daisy angrily.
"Daisy, how could you?" Peach asked, astonished (but not really).
"....BECAUSE!" Daisy cried loudly, "It's ALWAYS Peach isn't it?  NEVER Daisy!  Who always gets captured by Bowser?  Peach.  Who gets the spotlight at the end of every great Mario game?  Peach.  Who only gets appearances in cheap sports games and racing games?-"
"-Peach!"
"NO!....ME!!!  No one ever cares about Princess Daisy, until now!  HA!  I've got your man!!!  I've got Mario Peach!  HA!!!"
"Daisy," Mario said, "...I am not, nor will I ever be 'your man'."
"...but."
"Princess Daisy I here by punish you to spend 6 months in Mushroom Kingdom Jail and restriction of next year's annual ball for accusion of a dangerous explosive device attatched to Princess Peach," Toadsworth said.  Daisy gasped.
"No!" she cried as the security koopas grabbed her and pulled her away, "You can't do this!  I'M THE GOOD ONE!  LET ME GO!  ERRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!  AHH!!!"

Peach sighed as she looked up at the full moon this peaceful night.  Bowser was out buying something for Peach, he had told her to wait here.  Suddenly, Mario appeared.
"PEach," MArio said, "I just want to say...I'm sorry.  I know I shouldn't have dumped you for Daisy, I was just in the competative spirit, you know?  Will you forgive me?"  Peach looked at MArio, and she could tell Mario really meant it.
"Of course I'll forgive you Mario.  Just promise me you'll save me next time Bowser loses it," Peach replied.  Mario smiled, and after a short farewell went back home (to deal with the constant bragging of Luigi and his trophy).  It was not long before Bowser came back with a boquet of roses.  Peach gasped.  "Bowser, they're beautiful!" she said.
"Yeah.  Just a...you know...last minute present..." he said quietly.
"Thank you Bowser.  You really were excellent at dancing tonight," Peach said, after smelling the beautiful roses.
"As were you," Bowser replied.  Peach and Bowser grew ever closer, and there, under the full moon, shared a kiss...

Peach awoke to the sound of birds chirping and the sun shining across her face.  She opened her eyes.  She had really slept in late.  Peach got dressed and headed down stairs for breakfast.
"Good morning," said Toadsworth, who was sipping coffee and eating a muffin.
"Good morning," PEach replied, in her normal, sweet tone.
"It was quite a night last night, eh?"
"Yes...it really was."

the end  
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2005, 08:31:40 PM »
Well everyone, that is it.  The story ended on a more serious note, I hope you liked it.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2005, 08:55:54 PM »
*claps wildly*

That was one of the best stories I've ever read!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2005, 09:04:39 PM »
Wow.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2005, 09:32:10 PM »
Thanks.  It shouldn't be long before I start my next story.

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2005, 10:08:20 PM »
That was a great story. Good job!

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2005, 01:25:49 PM »
SURPRISE CHAPTER!

Chapter 30: How They Ended Up ~ Well, it was over.  The fat lady sang, and she wasn't half bad.  In the end Bowser went back to his dark castle and continued his next plans for kidnapping Peach.  They had both agreed that they should both become enemies once more, or else the games just wouldn't be the same.  Bowser was trying to make sure Peach wouldn't be saved this time (and maybe they'd be with each other long enough for another kiss ;)  Kamek said goodbye to Kammy as she disappeared into a book to become her regular paper self.  Prof. E. Gadd still had the portrait of King Boo and Bow in his room.  They would argue in that painting non-stop!  Madame Clairvoya continued haunting the mansion and helping weary travelers who lost their way and found a mansion to stay in for the night...
Wario and Waluigi lived happily once more.  They had dumped their girl friends (Marilyn and Beldam) and started living like they did in the old days.  As for Marilyn and Beldam, they started hanging out with thier sister Vivian again.  Luigi had his trophy right in the middle of the bros. living room.  Mario tried to convince Luigi to just put it in his own room, but Luigi said otherwise.  Mario had learned his lesson throughout all of this.  Put the ones you love before material items, or else a giant evil turtle will kiss her instead.

Peach looked out her window at the quiet, beautiful summer day.  She smiled.  The perfect day for a tea party.  As she began writing the letter to Mario, she noticed her calender.  Only a year until the next Mushroom Kingdom Annual Ball.

Peach handed her letter to Parakarry who stored it in his mail-bag.  He flew away, ready to deliver it to Mario.  Peach closed the door and began walking back upstairs.  Suddenly, the lights went out in the castle!  Peach shreiked.
".....hello?..." she said wearily, "...Toadsworth?........"
"BWAH HAH HAH HAH!!!"

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2005, 01:45:48 PM »
Ha ha!  Just like usual.  Great story, Blue Toad!  I think this is my favorite Mario fan fic so far.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2005, 06:41:18 PM »
Oh, wow!  Thank you.  It's kinda sad to see the story go...but alas, it must leave.

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2005, 03:58:56 PM »
Yeah, why must it end now!  Whyyyyy?!  Hey, one quick question.  Did you get the idea of the story from hearing about Mario's Dance Dance Revoultion or just by yourself?

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2005, 11:53:01 PM »
Well actually, I got the idea from playing Paper Mario 2.  In the part where TEC was saying to Peach: "I have heard you saying how you would miss dancing at the ball..."  I was think about that ball, and thought how it would make an interesting short story.  So, I decided to start a story about this ball that Peach was talking about.  Hence became the creation of The Mushroom Kingdom's Annual Ball.  Now I've  been inspired by the Excess Express in the same game.  Now I'm making: Mario's Murder Mystery on the Excess Express (yes, quite a long title).  I was debating to write either:  The Heir of the X-Nauts, a story about the next X-Naut to rule over the force (which I started doubting on when I finished the game and saw Sir Grodus lived).  Or I was thinkg of writing, The Piantas (a story of Mario getting involved in the toughest gang in Rougeport, the Piantas, a mafia like crew of piantas).  This was also sort of looked down upon later, as the inspiration quickly faded.

I later found this next rather short story.  It just seemed like a nice little thing to do.  More serious than Mushroom Kingdom's Annual Ball, I don't think it will be as great of a hit as the Ball, but hey, I'll give it a try.

Print