Poll

What is your favorite Nintendo series out of these?

The Legend of Zelda Series
The Mario Series
The Metroid Series
The WarioWare Series
The Donkey Kong Series
The Pokemon Series
The Fire Emblem Series
The Super Smash Brothers Series
The Kirby Series
Print

Author Topic: Favorite Series  (Read 10325 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 07:40:01 PM »
Instead of people debating about my meaning, why don't I make it clear that I enjoyed the 2-D metroid games much more than the Prime series, and I only consider the Prime series to be a spin-off. It brought shame to the entire metroid series because it turned an awesome 2-D shooter into a boring 1st person shooter. Chup: If Megaman was turned into a 1st person shooting series, would you be upset?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »
I couldn't say until they made one, but yeah probably. Mega Man Legends is a nice 3rd person 3D shooter though (even though I prefer the sidescrollers). But I have to say, it seems like Prime turned a boring meandering 2D shooter with excellent music into an interesting game. But, to each his own.
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 09:40:18 PM »
The only Metroid game that brought shame to the series that was also labeled as a Prime game is Hunters. That game made me give up almost all my interest in future Metroid games.

I also agree with Vid. I love the Prime trilogy much more than the 2-D sidescrollers.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 02:21:15 AM »
2D Metroid and 3D Metroid is like Guitar Hero III and Rock Band. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but both are totally pimp!

And Hunters is like someone ripped multiplayer Quake out from the past and shlapped it into the present. With portability! And broadband! And hackers.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 08:04:38 AM »
I can understand if people didn't like Twilight Princess (same old, same old) and Mario Galaxy (Too easy, also same old), but you can't honestly tell me you didn't love Metroid Prime 3.
I was referring more to Phantom Hourglass, but I'm not expecting much from the next "real" Zelda as it is...

In addition, I too favor the Prime series over the side-scrollers, but I feel only the original Prime nailed it. Prime 2 was somewhat repetitive and extremely difficult, and Metroid Prime 3... well, the "Wii-remote" virus kinda infected the people at Retro, and it felt an awful lot like a target-shooter sometimes. Also, the ever-present people/machines telling you what to do made it feel shorter. And the final boss was a totally anticlimatic mess.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
Instead of people debating about my meaning, why don't I make it clear that I enjoyed the 2-D metroid games much more than the Prime series, and I only consider the Prime series to be a spin-off. It brought shame to the entire metroid series because it turned an awesome 2-D shooter into a boring 1st person shooter.

I already told you this back in the chat, Prime is definitely not a spin-off, nor is it a sidequest, or anything of that sort. It's just a series of games that takes place in the Metroid series, between Metroid and Metroid II.

It's fine that you like the 2D scrollers better, but to not consider the Prime series a TRUE part of the Metroid series is just ignorant, in my opinion.

Metroid Prime 3... well, the "Wii-remote" virus kinda infected the people at Retro, and it felt an awful lot like a target-shooter sometimes. Also, the ever-present people/machines telling you what to do made it feel shorter. And the final boss was a totally anticlimatic mess.

I liked the controls of Metroid Prime 3. The Wii-remote definitely worked, in my opinion. The final boss is hair-pullingly difficult in the hypermode difficulty, which I'm sure some people criticizing the game have not tried.

I thought the game was a nice length. I felt it was like Metroid Prime 2 in that area, with the having to go to three distinct areas and fixing them.

A thing I probably would've liked better was if the weapon system was like its predecessors, and similar to the game's visor system. Though, this system did work nicely.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 11:23:39 AM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »
Did anyone else roll their eyes when the source of phazon was revealed?

A sentient planet named Phaaze, ugh. Oh, It worked for meteos, but not this, IMHO.

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 01:32:47 PM »
I didn't roll my eyes. My reaction was "That explains the things that impacted Tallon IV and Aether."

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 02:28:55 PM »
A pretty weak explantion if you ask me.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »
I've never really liked the MP games as much as the side-scrollers. The controls (at least for the GC entries) are still weird to me to this day (I know, it's an adventure game, not an FPS, but they need FPS controls badly), and the only real good MP was the first. To me, MP3 is the Fusion of the series; receiving busywork from NPCs feels stupid in a Metroid game.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2007, 08:09:26 PM »
I don't think I have afavorite. But let's see...I like The Mario Series, WarioWare, Super Smash Brothers, Pokemon( First Two Generations and FR/LG), and, even though it's not up there, Animal Crossing.
Also, I do not consider Metroid Pime to be a spin-off. But I don't play Metroid much, so I don't know.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »
I must be in the minority because I actually like receiving directions from NPCs in the Metroid games. Yeah I know part of the charm is being able to roam freely and at your own pace but I no longer consider it fun when I get completely stuck in one area and get out only after an hour of randomly morphball bombing every area.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 12:59:35 AM »
I liked the direction from NPCs as well.

Sqrt2

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 05:56:08 AM »
Samsh Bros.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »
I like the Mario Series. I've been playing it since I was 3
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Print