Poll

Do you use it?

Yes
8 (40%)
No
12 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Print

Author Topic: Do You Use The Remote Jacket?  (Read 6959 times)

« on: January 09, 2008, 10:20:27 PM »
The excitement of the Wii Remote Jacket has now worn off, and it's been long enough that everyone who wanted one has one.

So after all the dust settled, do you actually use the remote jacket?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me, I got four but have never even tried it. I probably never will. Unless tons of people post here saying it makes it way better.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:22:17 PM »
I still haven't bothered to order them, since I didn't feel like lifting up my Wii, writing down the serial number, and entering it on Nintendo's site. This may be easier to do now, now that my Wii and computer are in the same room.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »
My family got Wii Play not too long ago, and its Wiimote came with a jacket. I then found that I prefer jacketless-Wiimotes. The end.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 10:23:48 PM »
My Wii Play didn't come with a jacketed remote. I don't really care about them either.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:25:38 PM »
My family got Wii Play not too long ago, and its Wiimote came with a jacket. I then found that I prefer jacketless-Wiimotes. The end.

Same. It's too much of a hassle to remove batteries when it's in the way.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
The bigger question is:
Did you Remote Jackets turn pink?

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »
I use it because it was on my Wiimote when I got it. I never bothered to take it off.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 10:46:44 PM »
To answer the original question, I've found that if you use the Remote Jacket, but remove the battery cover, the Controller becomes more natural to grip, reducing the possibility of cramping.  I played through SMG like that.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 12:07:29 AM »
Hm. I never tried that. But I get maddening cramps when I use the Nunchuk for long periods of time... and there is no Nunchuk Jacket.

I do use the Wii Remote Jackets. Just took it off to compare, and maybe I won't anymore... It's a bit of a hassle for battery changes and plugging in extensions... And the strange dotted-line ridges are weird-feeling...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 12:18:52 AM »
I typically use either the remote jacket or Nyko rechargeable battery cover.  I never use the strap.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 02:39:55 AM »
I do use the Wiimote Jackets.
Fixed. =3

In all seriousness though, yes, I do use the jacket. Not because I have to, but I find it makes the controller look cooler, in my opinion.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 02:42:03 AM »
I too get massive pain when holding the nunchuk for extended periods of time.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 08:02:07 AM »
The bigger question is:
Did you Remote Jackets turn pink?
Why is that happening to someone/everyone, anyway? And what would cause it? Nothing of mine's pink...

****, no, I don't use the jackets. 1, I don't have any, and 2, they look like a bulky nuisance and just another blatantly neurotic way to try to make sure Nintendo doesn't get sued because someone wasn't holding on to the remote. Heck, I barely even use the wrist strap anymore!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 12:28:46 PM »
The rubber is probably reacting to something in the people's houses. Mine are ever so slightly beige instead of white.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
Nope, I don't have one, and, as stated earlier, it looks like it'd be a hassle when replacing the batteries.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 02:09:45 PM »
The Wiimote Jacket isn't really as much of a hassle to change batteries. It's stretchy, it's designed so it can be partially bend to give you complete access to the battery cover. I never complained, except for the fact that with rumble plus the speaker, the Wiimote eats through batteries fairly quickly.

With my playthroughs of Galaxy with Mario and Luigi, I had to make at least 4 battery replacements. We're unusually quite low on batteries in this house, which is unusual, we usually have tons of unused AAs lying around in places that have devices that need them.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »
Rechargeables last longer per charge and are, you know, rechargeable.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »
I don't know why we don't get rechargeables.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 11:33:56 PM »
I removed the wii jacket. I havent bothered to play the wii with it. I shall eventually play the wii with the wii jacket. There is this thing called a wii charger, its about $20, comes with rechargeable batteries and a charge station for 2 wiimotes.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
I actually heard one of those charger things was killing off people's remotes...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 04:10:18 AM »
Ah, that would be the Psyclone Essentials Wii Recharge Station, which fails to stop charging once full capacity is reached.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »
I just got my Wii so I have the jackets, and I couldn't imagine playing without them! They are really comfortable to hold, much more so than a Nintendo 64 or Game Cube.

Sqrt2

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 05:45:05 AM »
I don't actually have any jackets, mainly because I'm too lazy to order one. That, and I've never hit anything whilst using the Wiimote anyway.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 06:34:38 AM »
I use the Jackets. I love them for their comfortable grip.
The not worrying about damaging anything by dropping/throwing the remote is just an extra.
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »
No, btu I got one anyway. I would've gotten more, but I thought a second one would cost money -_-

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 03:41:49 PM »
You can place another order.  They keep track of how many you've ordered in total.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
Cool. I will.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
We usually have tons of unused AAs lying around in places that have devices that need them.

I have the same problem.

Print