Print

Author Topic: What do you think about High Voltage's new Wii attitude?  (Read 2431 times)

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »
I haven't heard of High Voltage, or it's titles in years so I'm a bit on the "eh, wait and see" side. I'm waiting for the gameplay footage of "The Conduit", but the game does look really good and god awful in some screenshots. Also the just announced Gryostarr (I forget if that's how you spell it) for Wiiware looks great so far.

Anyway, What do you think about High Voltage's new Wii attitude? Do you like or hate that flat out said everything that Nintendo fans have been saying about third-party developers? Or about their "360 looking" Wii game The Conduit, or their Wiiware game, Gyrostarr?
I really don't care much for logic.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:45:14 PM »
I think they have the right idea. Dunno about the games themselves.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Their WiiWare game looks like it could be a lot of fun, and the tech demo of their Wii middleware looks great.  I'm definitely keeping an eye on them.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »
Never heard of 'em.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:29:08 AM »
After seeing a preview of High Voltage's new WiiWare game, Animales de la Muerte, they're pretty much the best developer I've never heard of.

A game about going to Mexico to kill zombie zoo animals. That's all I needed to hear for it to skyrocket to the top of my must-play list. The trailer's wonderfully grim too. "Put my animals out of their misery!"
(Warning: excessive cartoon blood)

Considering the risk of going with truly original ideas these days, it seems right at home as a small WiiWare game, so I'd like to see more WiiWare games like that just to experience those creative addictive games that usually go by the wayside. Flash games would be fine too since the Wii browser can access those.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:38:21 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 10:22:09 AM »
I've definitely heard of High Voltage before; I just can't remember what games I remember. Wasn't Metal Arms: Glitch in the System one of them?
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 03:17:27 PM »
After seeing a preview of High Voltage's new WiiWare game, Animales de la Muerte, they're pretty much the best developer I've never heard of.

A game about going to Mexico to kill zombie zoo animals. That's all I needed to hear for it to skyrocket to the top of my must-play list. The trailer's wonderfully grim too. "Put my animals out of their misery!"
(Warning: excessive cartoon blood)

Considering the risk of going with truly original ideas these days, it seems right at home as a small WiiWare game, so I'd like to see more WiiWare games like that just to experience those creative addictive games that usually go by the wayside. Flash games would be fine too since the Wii browser can access those.
All too true. ...Wait, they're the ones who're making that game? High Voltage rules!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print