Print

Author Topic: The first REAL Mario game without Bowser...  (Read 6388 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 03, 2002, 10:14:46 AM »
Super Mario Sunshine may be the first Mario game (aside from Super Mario Land 1, Super Mario Land 2, and Super Mario Bros. 2) that does not have Bowser as the main villain! Why aren't they putting Bowser in the game?

In an article at Nintendojo.com, they said that the main baddie is a guy who's dressed like Mario...an imposter! Hmm, I wonder if it could be Wario...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 01:35:52 PM »
"aside from Super Mario Land 1, Super Mario Land 2, and Super Mario Bros. 2"

Well now, then we can't really say it's the first Mario game without bowser, now can we? and what about Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Mario Bros.? Do you consider those FAKE?

And besides, how do you know Bowser isn't in it? Don't forget, Bowser didn't kidnap Peach in SMB3 until after Pipe Land.

So nyah!

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 05:05:27 PM »
My guess is that the guy disguised as Mario that made all those scribbles is probably Wario. I could be wrong. How could Bowser possibly disguise himself as Mario? Maybe the townspeople are stupid...
Anyways, I like Bowser, but he needs to take some time to come up with an original plan.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 05:27:34 PM »
...Y'know, if there's no Bowser in SMS, then you might actually have 2 people taking turns to play again! Like BEFORE the N64 (with *ahem* multiplayer capabilities). Well...

Will Waluigi be the villain?

Nintendo also makes games like Zelda and F-Zero. Justa let you know. I mean, 4/5 ofyou don''t know this. I think.

Hey! Listen!
Hey! Listen!

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 10:47:31 AM »
Bowser was in Mario Bros.
Not in the old version but in the new one in the Super Mario Advance serie, he is there and the new versions are the true ones.

---
Ultimate Mario site!
WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/FMAN0009/
For everything you need to know (or almost) about Mario.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Yes, I am F-Man from TUNMB.
I like this site by the way,
can I?

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2002, 08:24:49 PM »
I think Frostbite has a point maybe Bowser appears later on...but is Peach in SMS?

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2002, 11:25:41 AM »
The only new version of anything I consider true is Donkey Kong, because it does not do anything to the original game. The Super Mario All-Stars ones and Super Mario Deluxe are just ports, so they're the same game. The Super Mario Advances aren't because the gameplay changes and such. What was the point of this topic again??

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 03:53:34 PM »
I think that this is a new chracter. I mean if it was Wario he would paint his W and if it was Waluigi he would paint his Gamma/upside-down L. This villian painted an M with two dots above it like they use in the German language.

While Mario aligns with the Rainbow Coalition in Super Mario <i/>Sunshine, and Luigi joins the Ghostbusters in Luigi''s Mansion, we must look to Wario as Nintendo''s savior.
While Mario aligns with the Rainbow Coalition in Super Mario Sunshine, and Luigi joins the Ghostbusters in Luigi''''s Mansion, we must look for salvation in the unlikely faces of Wario and Waluigi. Can they be the messiac saviors we''''ve been searching for all these years? Only time will tell.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2002, 04:51:42 PM »
Two things. First, I think the W on Wario's hat is really an upside-down M. Second, Luigi joins the Ghostbusters in Luigi's Mansion?!?

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2002, 07:37:46 AM »
Duh! If you've all forgotten, Bowser has black magic and would probably be able to disguise himself as Mario easily.

Now I''m gonna make a monkey out of you.
Now I''m gonna make a monkey out of you.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2002, 04:14:59 PM »
MadMario, my sig does not literally mean that Luigi joined the Ghostbusters. The mark on Wario's hat is a W, the reason they chose the name Wario is because it comes from the Japanese word "waru" meaning evil. Add that to Mario and you get Wario meaning "evil Mario". It just so happens that the W on Wario's hat looked like an upside-down M, further adding to the evil Mario mystique. Just a quick question; why do people refer to Wario as "Mario's evil alter ego", this suggests that Mario and Wario are one in the same, and that Wario is just Mario's split personality.

While Mario aligns with the Rainbow Coalition in Super Mario Sunshine, and Luigi joins the Ghostbusters in Luigi''s Mansion, we must look for salvation in the unlikely faces of Wario and Waluigi. Can they be the messiac saviors we''ve been searching for all these years? Only time will tell.
While Mario aligns with the Rainbow Coalition in Super Mario Sunshine, and Luigi joins the Ghostbusters in Luigi''''s Mansion, we must look for salvation in the unlikely faces of Wario and Waluigi. Can they be the messiac saviors we''''ve been searching for all these years? Only time will tell.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2002, 05:32:35 AM »
Very good point TanookiMario! By the way, i love the Tanooki Suit in Super Mario Bros. 3 [the best sidescrolling Mario game ever!]...

I hope Nintendo makes Super Mario Bros. 3 for GameBoy Advance...that would be cool!

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2002, 10:34:55 AM »
Tatanga tatanga tatanga!!! It's a long shot but maybe he's in the game somewhere...
If not, I'll wager the new "evil mario" isn't the main villain.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2002, 09:59:15 PM »
How can Evil Mario be anyone we've heard of? He's made of water! Unless Bowser's found a new way of shape-shifting...

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2002, 12:36:32 AM »

Print