Print

Author Topic: The Endless Forest  (Read 2823 times)

« on: April 26, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »
I came upon something unique in this world, today, a sensation that always delights me.

It is a "social screensaver" called The Endless Forest, in which you play a deer and meet other deer.

Go get it here.

Today I stood atop a pillar and danced with a white deer.

My name is .  Come frolic with me.

Note
For me, it runs at about 15 FPS and I'm not sure why. Slow computers, watch out. This game has a bad engine that takes up way more horsepower than it should.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 08:22:13 PM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »
You guys are boring.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:26:09 PM »
Wow, this thing looks absoultley beautiful and sounds pretty fun to! I;ve got to give credit to the guy who came up with this.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 07:33:31 PM »
Those deer' faces scare me.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 10:02:49 PM »
You guys are boring.
My screensaver for the last six years has been "blank screen".
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 06:55:32 AM »
My screensaver has Mr. Kitty from South Park...and that's...it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »
Hmm, I guess my first post didn't really make it clear that this is a multiplayer game, not just some screensaver. I was trying to get people to play.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 02:58:11 PM »
This is a great multiplayer game, but you need a freaking supercomputer just to play it at full speed! The first time I played I was met by some white deer, who zapped me, then I was white too! I ended up trying to move my mouse but It was only 10 FPS max even was the graphics at its lowest. So I dicided to quit, but when I did, It just ended up with a blank screen and nothing could be done except pushing the power button on the hard drive. I had to hold it for 10 seconds until it fiannaly shut off. I went out of the room, then I came back with some string cheese and turned it back on. (This is what really freaked me out) As soon as the light came on, a really loud WOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH sounded from the hard drive! I could feel the wind blowing really hard in my face! After that, it slowly sounded down and everything went as planned. After that, I shut the screensaver off and posted this.

I recommend not to use this program unless you got a video card or something.

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »
Yeah, the more I look at their forums and stuff, the more apparent it becomes that this game is rather poorly programmed and requires way more computer speed than it should, considering what's displayed. I shouldn't be getting more frames per second in Half-Life 2 than this...

Print