Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226534 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2006, 06:50:44 PM »
I had a dream this morning that all I can remember about it now was that it had Wally Shawn in a mecha.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2006, 06:55:22 PM »
Just this afternoon I fell asleep for two hours and ended up having a dream where I adopted this little animal (not sure what it was) and I was really hungry, so I ate some of it's food pellets, which looked like Cocoa Puffs and tasted like croutons. Then I began raiding the kitchen for any other kinds of junk food. I remember eating an old frozen pizza, which surprisingly was still warm.

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2006, 07:55:45 PM »
I've found out what makes people dream, it's pretty interesting.  I have also found out why people forget their dreams.  And that when you do remember your dreams you only have recorded not even a tenth of what you dreamt about, and the stuff you didn't record is like pure heaven, it transcends all boundaries.
I only watch [adult swim]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2006, 12:40:50 AM »
And how the heck would you know, if you didn't "record" it?
That was a joke.

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2006, 12:57:09 AM »
That reminds me, my friend told me that he saw a video that explain dreaming, and one way to turn a dream into a lucid dream is to look at a number, because it will be all distorted and whatnot, and then you'll know you're dreaming. I have yet to test this theory, though, since my friend isn't all that reliable a source.

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2006, 01:02:08 AM »
I started to try lucid dreaming a couple of months ago.  I never fully got into it, but the stuff I tried worked.  For example, one way to check if you're dreaming is to look at a clock, look away, then look back, and the time will be different.  So once, I was just sitting around, and I remembered that you're supposed to do that if you want to check if you're in a dream.  I knew I wasn't in a dream, but I checked it anyway, and it worked, and also I was wrong about not being in a dream.  Dreams rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2006, 08:53:55 AM »
I think I'll post a dream I had last year.

I appeared in my old grade school, yet I was my current age. For some reason, a bunch of kids who went to my old school were there, and they didn't look any different from the last time I saw them. We were actually in the gym, learning how to ballroom dance. We had to partner up with someone and I ended up with this girl I liked (who was actually the only person in the dream who I didn't know in real life). I was really nervous. Then I find out that we have to put on these bumblebee costumes, which we got from a pile in the corner. I was the last one there and ended up getting an old one that barely fit me and looked different from all the other ones. When it was time to dance, a gorilla busted in through the wall. Remembering what I learned from watching lots of TV, I ran to the jambox and turned on the music we were going to dance to. Then the gorilla began dancing like crazy. Now I needed a way to get it out of there, but it grabbed me by the arms and started to dance with me. Realizing that this was the only way to stop it, I somehow spontaniously gained the ability to dance really well and proceeded to amuse the gorilla by putting on a a really awesome dance performance. After that I was regarded as a hero by the other kids.  I need to have dreams like this more often.

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »
Let's just say theres this thing that can help you record it.  Thats all I'm gonna say.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2006, 10:19:28 PM »
I've had dreams where I would repeatedly try to read stuff and it would be illegible or say different things the next time I looked at it. I've also had dreams where I could read and comprehend the text just fine. So the whole "you can't read in dreams" idea is false.
That was a joke.

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »
Yeah, thats happened to me a couple of times, I guess it all depends.  I remember one time when I was little I had a dream where I was home alone at night, and I looked at the arm of the couch and it said "Kyle, I'm gonna kill you. You're friend, Chucky"  Chucky as in the character from the Child's Play movies.  And the text on the couch was perfectly legible.  One the other hand I've had dreams where I'm sitting in class trying to take notes, and on the overhead projecter, it is only a bunch of random letters and doodles.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2006, 12:03:52 AM »
Almost all my dreams involve my friends from high school. I graduated in 2005. Any explanation?

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2006, 01:55:06 AM »
That was only one year ago? Your brain hasn't had time to whackify your new surroundings?

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2006, 02:05:03 AM »
Eh, I still have dreams about being in school.  I think I even occasionally dream about junior high.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2006, 02:38:23 PM »
OK, here's an example of one of the dreams. PLEASE ANALYZE THIS ONE.

I'm at the mall with some of my friends. I am going to pick up some polos at Abercrombie when I am told to go outside to tend to an emergency. Men move me into what was once a store and is now a chamber. Inside are my friends (who somehow got from Abercrombie to this chamber). They are all tied up except for a few. They are getting rounded up. I wind up talking to one of my buddies but he falls down and is taken away. One of them starts rambling on and on (he does it all the time in real life as well). He too goes down. There's another guy who is being chased by a man with scissors. He falls into another friend of mine (she falls down when he collides). Another guy hurts his back while trying to escape. It looks like all my "free" friends are tied up now. Then, in the middle of the room, is one of them. She's wearing a white top and looks terrified. Sweat is pouring down this girl like crazy. I go in to see what's up and she just grabs ahold of me. I do the same to her, telling her everything wil be okay. These weird guys wearing weird black clothes surround us and we embrace very tightly as if something will happen. Both of us were perspiring like crazy at this point. I woke up as soon as the guy who rambles on and on yelled something.

This dream happened in July 2005. I've been puzzled by it ever since.

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2006, 06:58:39 PM »
Yeah brah's, something hellacrazy happened to me last night.  I was half asleep and half awake, so I was semi-aware that I was in a black void, and I heard in the distance a bunch of voices, and it sounded like a bunch kids talking in the hallway in between classes.  So I'm thinking to myself "Wow, this is kind of soothing, no not kind of... But really soothing."  So I'm there for what seemed like a little while, just listening to the kids in the hallway, when I woke up in what seemed like an electric shock.  It was crazy.  And unnerving.

Print