Print

Author Topic: 3, 5, & 7.  (Read 3082 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« on: January 16, 2003, 11:37:17 PM »
Have you ever noticed how most stuff in games revolves around the numbers three, five and seven? I could go on and on about this...
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 12:19:44 AM »
Nope, can't say I have. But, now that you have brought it up, I will probably start to notice it. In the beginning it will be innocent and unobtrusive. Over time it will build up into this huge monster of an annoyance: I will no long see beautifully rendered GCN goodness but 3s, 5s, and 7s floating all over the screen. It will reach a critical point when, after I've stopped playing, the numbers persist in my vision, going forth to infect every part of my life.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 01:46:08 PM »
Since Mario 64, I've noticed Mario games seem to center around 8's. Or at least Mario 64 did.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 12:27:01 AM »
Hmm. Interesting...

...Anyway, yeah, it's weird. Because I subconsciously know when I'm playing, that I'll most likely have to do something 3 times. Hit the Koopa Kids and Boom-Boom three times to beat them. In SMS, you have to pound the giant Wiggler 3 times.
POW blocks: three hits, generally.
The Triforce: Three pieces.
In SMB, you hit Bowser with 5 fireballs and he ...goes away.
There are five Links in the Underground Maze level of SSBM.
Fives are less common, but still there.
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the SEVEN Stars.
In PM, it's the seven Star Spirits.

...And this is just in a few games. These numbers are quite common in RPGs...

And something my Mom pointed out: they're holy numbers.

Starfox Adventures broke the mold with its odd numbers (for video games anyway) four and six. I thought that was rather strange.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 02:37:44 AM »
Especially strange because four and six are even numbers, not odd ("odd numbers . . . four and six"). I know what you meant, though.

And now, since you gave examples, I understand where you're coming from. Maybe there will be no pain and agony in this for me after all.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 06:46:23 PM »
Chuperson,you missed that you have to beat 7 koopa kids in SMB3(I love playing that)& SMW.

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2003, 12:26:20 AM »
Hah, yeah, I did.
Anyway, that's why I said 4 & 6 were odd for video games. I'm sure we can think of more...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 01:08:13 AM »
Ocarina of Time is LOADED with 3s and 7s.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 10:19:40 AM »
Here's one for ya:

Animal Crossing

Animal: 6 letters
Crossing: 8 letters

6 + 8 = 14

Now, 14 gives all three numbers (3, 5, and 7). Look:

14 ÷ 2 = 7
1 + 4 = 5
4 - 1 = 3

And this proves that you can find these numbers in anything. You just have to think about it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2003, 10:25:30 PM »
Yeah, you're right.
As I was playing OoT yesterday, I realized that it has 6s and 4s too.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 11:40:18 PM »
Come again? Sorry, but that just missed my comprehension area. Is saying that you write poetry when you are not looking the same as saying something like, "I'm a poet and I didn't know it"? You abbreviated Ocarina of Time "OoT" and, in the same sentence, used the word "too," which is essentially the reversal of "OoT." Does that have something to do with it? Ah, I just don't get it.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 11:45:52 PM »
Dang! Dang! Dang! That's your signature! Aaarrrrggghhhh!! I just hopped over to "Nintendo Trivia Game!!!!!!" and saw the same thing there, so now I know. You might very well have said something about this in "Testing new signature," but I haven't gotten over there yet. Sorry yet again!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2003, 11:48:11 PM »
*shakes head back and forth rapidly, cheeks flapping in the breeze*
No, I was just saying that you have to get the six sages' stones or whatever and you get four heart pieces to get another heart and stuff... I was realizing that it had not only 3s, 5s and 7s, but 4s and 6s as well.

As for the poetry thing, see "Testing Signature" in General Mario Chat. It's my new signature, something I wrote on the IGN Star Fox board after inadvertently writing something that rhymed.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2003, 11:49:11 PM »
Heh, you wrote that while I was explaining myself. Hehe.

That was a joke.

Print