Print

Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 8330 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 03:20:52 PM »
Chick-fil-a. Why? Because it's the only fast food place you can go that has healthy options. (In my town, anyway.)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »
I love White Castle.

Holy crap, you're my mom! XD
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 03:34:57 PM »
I don't get fast food that often, I usually stick with the unhealthy food I can find in my own kitchen.  But when I do go out for a quick bite, I have my preferences.

McDonalds-I used to love going here every Friday when I was younger, mainly because my mother worked on Friday nights, so my father wouldn't cook.  She would always get annoyed, since he's been a cook for 20 years now.  I love the chicken, it's just so...hm...why do I like it...Oh well, the Big Macs are pretty good.  I don't like getting complicated burgers, just meat, ketchup, maybe an onion.  NO tomato or pickle should ever be on my sandwich.

Burger King- I can't say too many good things about this chain.  Every time I go there, they mess up the order.  Once, back when my mother worked Friday nights, my father, sister and I went got some food there before we all went to my aunts house.  My father ordered the chicken snadwich, and when he opened it...SURPRISE...no chicken.  Lettuce, tomato, everything but the chicken.  He called the place, yelled for 30 minutes, and got us all free food.  I also don't like the chicken, both the sandwiches or the tenders.  I used to love the Big Kings, but they don't sell them anymore.

Wendy's- Meh, it's alright.  I don't have any close to me at all, so only if I go way out of the city, then I'll stop there.  I don't see anything too great about them. 

Taco Bell-Again, not really close to one, but I like the chalupas

Sonic-Not in this state...and yet they play the commercials for some good looking desserts.

KFC-Love it.  Never go.  But I love it.  Except the popcorn chicken...not a fan.  I love the potato gravy bowls.

Arbys-I usually go after school for the curly fries and the coffee milkshake.  I always forget what it's called, so the person taking my order is usually confused.

White Castle-Again, I don't think there's one in this state.  The only thing close to these are the frozen White Castle burgers you throw in the microwave.  Thier good, but the bread gets crusty, so I want to try a real one.

Pizza's not really a fast food thing.  I only order for delivery...I haven't been inside a pizzaria for years.  Since it usually takes 45 minutes to get here, it doesn't qualify as fast.

Heids-It's a small hot dog joint just down the street from me.  They  have awesome chili dogs.  And I like that it sticks to what its goot at.  No burgers, no fancy huge menus, just a list of toppings for the hot dog.

Subways-I love it.  But I wouldn't call it healthy eating.  The foot sub I had Wednesday night had more calories than a whopper.  I'd feel bad if it didn't taste so good.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »
Yes, Cold Stone is the pwnliest ice cream in this world. There's one right next to the GameStop I want to work at when I turn 16. The Jack-in-the-Box and Panda Express are quite near there too, and the restaurants are right next to each other. There have been one or two mishaps with Jack-in-the-Box, though... one time I was there and they were pretty much out of everything.
"I want a Sourdough Jack and a medium drink."
"We're out of medium cups."
"Okay, small."
"We're out of cups. All cups."
"Can I get some ketchup?"
"We're out of ketchup."
"Okay... are there any napkins?"
"No, we're out of napkins."
"Um, well... There are no more small lids, either."
"We're out of lids."
My mom went across the parking lot to Panda to get everything I needed. Looking back, I'm glad they were also out of boxes of one dozen starving crazed weasels...
I've never heard of White Castle. Freakin' California.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 11:34:05 PM »
It looks like I forgot a few things:

-I like Chick-Fil-A and typically will stop there or Subway when at the mall.

-For pizza, I like Pizza Hut (my pizza of choice is extra sauce and mushrooms) but I'm not a big pizza eater. Maybe once a month or so I'll get pizza.

-I don't have a Cold Stone Creamery in my area, but I do have Marble Slab, which is almost the same thing. DQ is also good. Usually I like to eat ice cream at home while watching TV, and it's got to be Hagan. Pennsylvania Vanilla and mint chip are the flavors I like best.

Also, to the guy who doesn't eat much on his burgers--you are not alone as a picky eater. Nobody understands this and they all call me un-American, but I HATE chocolate milk and I also HATE barbecue sauce.

Finally, Waffle House isn't exactly fast food, but they do have good waffles. I don't have one here in Pennsylvania, but I've eaten at locations in Ohio and South Carolina.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 11:37:48 PM »
You, sir, are dead in my sight.

<grumble>chocla... milk... why...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 11:39:33 PM »
I dislike burgers.

Chocolate milk is very good.

Taco Bell owns all other fast food competition.

Panera Bread is not fast food. It is sit down in a restaurant and wait for them to make your food.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 11:40:16 PM »
Dude, barbecue sauce is awesome......

I second Suffix.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 11:54:02 PM »
With Panera, I think it depends on the location and also time of day. The Panera  I usually go to makes your food and you don't sit down. However, I was at another one and they brought it to the table. Long John Silver's did that once too.

And yes, you guys aren't the first to say that about me not liking chocolate milk. I must be the ONLY one out there and I actually got into a fight in first grade about it once with the cafeteria staff. They used to only have chocolate on Friday as an option but one Friday didn't order any white milk.

Me: Excuse me, but you don't have any skim milk in there.
Lunch Lady: That's strange. It is Friday though.
Me: Right. I know Friday is chocolate day, but you always have white.
LL: Sometimes we don't get the white in. You'll have to take chocolate.
Me: I would but I don't like chocolate milk.
LL: That's strange. But no, we have no white this week.
Me: Look, what if I was allergic to chocolate? I'd have to go to the water fountain?
LL: I guess. But you wouldn't bet getting your money's worth.
Me: Plus I'd be hogging the bathroom pass for someone who needs it. But it looks like I'll have to do that today (angrily walks away from line, no milk on tray)

From that day on they always had white on Fridays...and yes, this is an almost verbatim argument from first grade (circa 1994).

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 10:22:47 AM »
I live within a mile [and a half] or so of about ... several fast food/fast casual restaurants.

Panera Bread - only tried it once, on par with Chipotle. Jones Soda. I like the buzzer pick-up ashtray devices.
Jack in the Box - Good burgers, large beverage cups.
Chipotle - Burritos, tacos, and ... QUESADILLAS?! Yeah. Tasty.
Quiznos - A bit pricey, but great subs. They got a pepper bar.
McDonalds - Classic fast food. I don't go as much as I used to. Must try snack wrap.
L&L Hawaiian - Loco moco and other plate lunches. Aaaahhhh.
Panda Express - Authentic* Chinese food. Bilingual cashiers. Woot!
Taco Bell - Grilled STUFT burritos and cinnamon twists.
KFC - Stop hatin' on the gravy bowls. They're not that bad.
Carls Jr - Meat overload = win
Rally's - Cajun fries and chicken strips.
Chick-fil-a - NUGGETS NUGGETS NUGGETS

The nearest Sonic is next to Disneyland, which (if you know your SoCal geography) is roughly 40 minutes away. The nearest Wendy's and Burger King is 15 minutes away. We don't have any White Castles. No sliders for me, I guess.

Thumbs up on the chocolate milk, also, but banana milk = win.

* Sunbun dodges incoming wtds

* - to a certain point. Most Chinese food in America has some ancestorial connection with Cantonese food, and as such, isn't 'true' Chinese.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:32:42 PM by Sunbun »
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 01:38:06 PM »
Man, chocolate milk has to be the most delicious dairy beverage out there!!! I'm having some right now! Who agree's?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 01:41:25 PM »
Spedie and Rib Pit, baby, all the way!
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 02:03:57 PM »
I don't like the majority of fast food.  It's all too fake, unhealthy, and, well... gross. 
As far as pizza goes, I guess I'll eat it if it's ordered, but I'm never one to suggest it.  It seems like they just pile buckets of grease onto the cheese.
The single fast food place that I actually do appreciate, though, would have to be Subway, which I get probably... once a year?  It's all thanks to Jared.  :D
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 09:04:45 PM »
Panera Bread is not fast food. It is sit down in a restaurant and wait for them to make your food.

*sit down, wait for them to make your food, then they call your number and you go get it

I work next door to a Quizno's and across a parking lot from Subway. I have connections at Quizzle that allow me to get sometimes cheaper food and free drinks and stuff.
I think Quizno's is definitely higher quality than Subway, most of the time, and I used to really like Subway. But they kind of get in a rush and have bland bread and unripe tomatoes. :(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:06:45 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2006, 09:48:43 PM »
I personally like Panda Express for Chiense and Culver's for anything else. Panda has awesome chow mein, orange chicken and sweet and sour pork (that's what I get every time), and Culver's is great for chicken strips or burgers or cheese fries. Plus, at Culver's: Best. Frozen. Custard. Evar.

Print