Print

Author Topic: Mario Sunshine: The Scinetific Adventure?  (Read 2903 times)

« on: December 22, 2001, 12:29:51 PM »
I had a crazy dream last night: I went to my video store to look at the NGC games up for rent, and there was a game called "Super Mario Universe".  Super Mario was in small letters, then UNIVERSE in big letters.  It was the new title of Mario Sunshine, and on the front was Mario wearing his water tap and holding a sunshine coin.

Here's what I think Mario Sunshine will be:
-Bowser kidnaps Peach
-It's up to Mario to save the day
-Bowser has used modern science to protect his castle
-Toad gives Mario a water tap to measure water
-Mario uses his water tap to combine it with other powers to destroy Bowser's troops.

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2002, 01:28:32 PM »
That could be possible,but not likely.  Cons:Not like other Mario Games,Could be to difficult for youger Mario Fans.  Pros.:Added realism,more of a challenge.  But like I said:"Not to likely to happen".

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2002, 09:54:24 AM »
What I'm thinking is that Bowser stole the Sunshine Coins and used their power to send a plague of darkness across the Mushroom Kingdom! And he also built a huge fortress in place of the rubble! Well, that's my theory...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2002, 03:41:06 PM »
that would be terrible if that game was made.... that would be the worst game since mario is missing.  i would buy an X box if nintendo made that game....
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2002, 04:16:18 PM »
What is SO WRONG with Mario is Missing! ?? I don't understand why you all hate it! I think it's one of the best Super Mario games there is!

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of heaven, you can justify it in the end. There won''t be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day. On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2002, 09:37:30 PM »
Well, we don't understand how you like it!

My thoery is pretty normal. Bowser steals power form the sun, and shatters the remains of it into sun coins. The light for the game is from some of Bowser's magic to keep light. Mario has to collect the sun coins, and beat Bowser to get the sun back. Makes sence, but I"m sure Nintnedo would come up with something better.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2002, 10:57:32 PM »
Well, let's see...

1. It's a break from the usual "save the princess" plot.
2. Luigi has the starring role.
3. Instead of the Mushroom Kingdom, you actually go to Earth cities.
4. It's easy!

"ooOOooooOOOooo, it's just some stupid edutainment game! Who cares about it?"

Well, I do!

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of heaven, you can justify it in the end. There won''t be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day. On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2002, 08:05:20 AM »
Luigi has the starring role? Then why is Mario in the screens? And why's it called Mario Sunshine? But it is a good thing the kidnapped princess is on hold for a while.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2002, 08:34:39 AM »
i dont know how mario is missing since it was a little out of my generation, but i have seen mario's time machine being played and if the edutaniment game was terrible, but if all luigi staring games have bad feedback, yet i love luigi's mansion.....well first for saying that i will get insulted so never mind

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2002, 12:21:05 PM »
Urrgghh!  Luigi has the starring role in Mario is Missing!  NOT Mario Sunshine.  MS is not known alot yet, but I have a new hypothesis:

Bowser has used his black magic to magnify the sun, and he's going to try to burn out the Mushroom Kingdom.  He kidnaps Peach cause she can reverse the spell.  The only way to get the sun out of Magnifycation is to collect all 150 Sunshine Coins.  Toad gives Mario a "Super Combo Jetstream Pack" for Mario to spray at things, and cool himself off when things heat up too much.  Sunshine coins act as stars as in SM64, and you must collect them all in order to go to Bowser's hideout in space, and turn down the heat.  With many different levels, puzzles, and the pack on your back, this one will be a winner.

It does make a bit of sense doesn't it?
If you want to see a movie of this game copy this into your browser:
http://mediaviewer.ign.com/mediaPage.jsp?media_id=188877&object_id=16713&media_type=P&ign_section=33&page_title=Mario+Sunshine+preview+on+cube.ign.com&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dcubeviewer%26adchannel%3Dcube%26pagetype%3Darticle&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcube.ign.com%2Fpreviews%2F16713.html

The movie of MS at spaceworld!

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2002, 01:37:48 PM »
Quoth Red Ninja Koopa: "Well, we don't understand how you like it!"

I wasn't talking about Mario Sunshine! I was talking about how I liked Mario is Missing! !

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2002, 10:20:36 AM »
The only question is if Mario Sunshine will still be the typical "run/jump/stomp on enemies/collect coins" platform game that has made the Mario series so successful?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2002, 10:22:26 AM »
By the way, Xbox sucks! It hardly has any good games for it... And Microsoft has always sucked at making computer games! (Maybe we should just give it a little time, like we did with the PlayStation...) NAGH!

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2002, 03:36:37 PM »
I kinda like Flight Simulator.......... (runs away)

Print