Print

Author Topic: If Smash Bros. had a sequel, who should be in it?  (Read 10037 times)

« on: June 04, 2000, 04:31:13 PM »
As I have stated before, Smash Bros. is most certainly one of the best games ever, and I think it would be stupid not to give such a well made game a sequel.  But sometimes sequels can hurt a game.  An example of this is when Koopa Troopa was taken out of Mario Kart and replaced with Wario in Mario Kart 64.  Some friends of mine feel that no one should have been taken out, they should have just added Wario.
To get to the point, if a sequel is created for Smash Bros. which characters stay and which characters should go?
Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep if Jiggly Puff and Captain Falcon were removed.
The reason for Jiggly Puff is that I don't like it's character, and there are plenty of better, more fun, and more interesting Pokemon they could have put in instead.
The reason for Falcon, is that I don't really think of him as a real character.  To me the vehicle he drives is more of a character than he is.
As for characters I would like to see be put in the sequel.  Bowser, Wario, Koopa Troopa, Mac (from the "Punch-Out" series), and maybe even Bionic Commando.

Also, what about the controls? Keep them the same, make them configurative, or make one, unchangable set of controls?

Again, any feed back will be appreciated!!

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2000, 04:47:56 PM »
No offense intended, but I think Ness and
Pikachu should be dropped. Pikachu has no
respect for the true greats and Ness is just
a blip on the radar for me.

Who should be added? Wario, Little Mac,
Bowser, King K. Rool, The Star Fox and Star
Wolf Teams, Waluigi, Banjo and Kazooie, and
maybe a few guest stars(who do you think
would be a good super-secret character?).

He couldn't last for two darn
minutes before caving in! -Me.
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2000, 04:48:38 PM »
I think that Jigglypuff should be replaced by Bowser, Pikachu by Wario, Yoshi by Koopa Troopa, and Kirby by Diddy Kong.  I think that the controllers should be the same.  

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2000, 04:56:58 PM »
In response to totalphat. Aside from Stupid Puff and Pika-jerk Why do you wish to get rid of such legendary and popular characters and replace (replace being the key word) them with less popular (and in Diddy's case) more anoying characters?

Edited by - happysnorlax on 6/4/00 4:00:28 PM

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2000, 05:01:24 PM »
Here's my list of fighters

All except-
Ness, Jigglypuff and Capt. Falcon (Capt. WHO?)

Replaced by-
Princess Peach
Zelda
Kid Iarcus (sic)
Bowser
One member of Star Fox
Toad
Ash
Lastly....
Ganondorf.

Though I wouldn't mind Wario....

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2000, 05:03:41 PM »
Excellent Suggestions Velvet!!
Bravo!!!!

Let's just hope some high-ups at nintendo are reading our suggestions.  :)

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2000, 05:14:18 PM »
Hey! What about the characters that were in Smash Bros. but not accessible.  Like Metal Mario, Giant DK, and "The Hand"
Also what if instead of just different colors if there than one of the same character, you could pick the "polygon" form of that character?

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2000, 06:13:51 PM »
happysnorlax-- If you would like I can offer some of these ideas to my 'contacts' at Nintendo.

And as for the charecters for SSB, Bowser would be a must.

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2000, 07:53:38 PM »
I think Samus should be replaced by a Metroid.  All of the other characters in "Super Smash Bros." are cartoonish and abstract, but Samus is too realistic and serious.  I think the Metroid would be a better player.  Another thing that would be cool is if Yoshi had a sort of tag-team thing where you can use some power or something to switch to different color Yoshis with different powers.

Lee Sherman
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2000, 08:05:21 PM »
i think poo should replace ness.
starfox should be replaced by koopa paratroopa.
kirby should be replaced by hitmonlee.
jigglypuff should be replaced by ash ketchum.
luigi should be replaced by wario.
captain falcon should be replaced by wart.
and samus should be replaced by bowser!

kupopo!!!
kupopo!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2000, 08:12:23 PM »
If they make a SSB 2, I have some great ideas for it that would really change the game (for the better).

Lots of characters. I know, quantity isn't always quality, but hear this out. The characters would be divided into good and evil characters. The purpose of this being that the single player game have more meaning. You choose a "good" character, such as Mario and you have to fight all the "evil" characters. The last one would be your own arch-enemy, such as Bowser. If your arch-enemy isn't in the game (I doubt motherbrain will be a character), you'd fight it as an un-playable character or you'd fight a different baddie.

"Good Guys"
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Donkey Kong (he is a good guy, no?)
Peach
Toad
Link
Zelda
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Ness
Kid Icarus

"Bad Guys"
Bowser
Ganon
Kamek
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa Troopa (or Koopa The Quick)
A Metroid
Wart
Star Wolf (that's his name, right?)
K. Rool

Well, that's all I could think of. Sounds like fun.

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2000, 10:58:11 AM »
TurtleTek- Star Wolf is group.  I forgot the leaders name... (Years of being a Star Fox fan, and i forgot his name...)

Great suggestion guys.

Personaly, I'd like to see it on Dolphin. Need I suggest 4 player online?

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2000, 03:38:55 PM »
The dude's name is WOLF! star Fox has Fox,
so obviously Star Wolf has Wolf!

He couldn't last for two darn
minutes before caving in! -Me.
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2000, 05:19:21 PM »
I think Mr. Miyamoto should be in it, as a secret character. They use photo techonology or something like that, and the ultamate character! Wouldn't that be awsome! As for other characters, I want to see Falco in it too.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Kat

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2000, 10:24:29 PM »
Super Smash Brothers is probably, ....no DEFINTALLY the best fighting game for N64. And what I beleive made it such a great game is fist and foremost, the controlls for the game. Whereas ALL games before [and probably afterwards...*sighs*] have the controlls set to "punch as many buttons as you can til your thumbs bleed so ya can win" kinda game. SSB thou, is set up more that you can out-smart your character and almost [I dunno if this is just me but] it feels also almost rpg resembleing. And as the controlls were set to be mainly the same for each character~it allows you to play as ANY character and still feel the same way as you did when you were playing as the other before...with the only things varying being speed, and umm...stuff. ^^; This is really the only reason why I say we should keep all the old characters [yes, even jigglybutt...but get rid of falcon da#$it! he's so annoying]. I also think, for this to work out you would need alot of extra space to store the info for all the new characters. SSB should then thus be for the N64DD....IF it ever makes its way out onto the market. -_______-;;;;;; ^^;;; wow, I babble too much~

•^v´~`·._•(·~Kat~·)•_.·´~`v^• *somewhat sugar high early in the am*

Print