Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario info  (Read 10181 times)

« on: June 13, 2000, 07:33:15 PM »
Hey guys, just surfed the net and got some info on Paper Mario. For those of you who are going to buy the game for a new story line, be prepared for a big let down.

In Paper Mario Bowser steals this "Star Stick" (looks like the cepters in SMB3) from up above and then kidnaps princess (not very new huh?). The only thing that ties it to SMRPG (so far) is that the seven stars you got in the first one are in this one as people, they have faces and can talk. So far it doesn't look like it has much of anything to do with SMRPG (not counting the star world or what ever it was from the first one), Mallow and Geno so far have not shown up and the story has nothing to do with the other SMRPG bad guys. Remember the Axem Rangers from SMRPG? Well instead of them there are these Koopa Troopas that look like the Ninja Turtles. The one cool thing in the game (i think) is that there is a Goomba in your party, The first time you can control a Goomba (cool! You can also have a Koopa Troopa in your party). I'll get more info on the game as I find it but untill then the game looks like a mix of Super Mario Bros. and has a drop of SM64, SMRPG, and Yoshi's Story. Looks like another pile of crap nintendo is passing off to fill in the time untill the dolphan, later!

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2000, 08:51:46 PM »
Has anyone else heard of the upcoming game "Super Mario's Adventure?"
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2000, 08:10:27 AM »
Yes. Unfortuantely, Super Mario Adventure (the title) was changed to Paper Mario for some dumb reason or another. Super Mario Adventure is the same thing as Paper Mario, except for the title change...

I would have preffered to keep Super Mario Adventure as the title, cause it sounds cool. Paper Mario makes the game sound like it's some kiddy game like Mario is Missing...

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2000, 11:45:57 AM »
I hear Luigi's going to be in it as well...IN fact, I've sen a a picture of it.

Uh, last night I had a dream about that...Bowzer used the star stick and blew my head up. I know this is off topic, but still...

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2000, 12:36:54 PM »
Good God! How many times can Miyamoto use that dumb old Princess plot? I'm SICK OF IT! (Thank God for fan fiction)

I think Paper Mario will be the nail in the coffin for N64. Conker's Bad Fur Day will make it shine, then paper Mario will kill it... Good Grief!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2000, 01:10:17 PM »
Dude, I disagree. PM sounds awsome. So it has not so good a plot in the beginning. BIG WHOOP! The RPG battles look very well done, using the same kind of stuff as SMRPG, only with more creative timed attacks. By the way, SMRPG started out with a Princess kidnapping and still ended up nice and fine. What does everyone have against PM? Is it the paper people? So what? I think people are judging this by it's cover. I wonder what Deezer thinks.

Ahem.

I WONDER WHAT DEEZER THINKS!

:)

-Yoshi348
Pika.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2000, 04:05:56 PM »
I guess we're just spoiled by Jet Grind Radio (Have ya seen that Dreamcast game? It looks like a cartoon but it's 3D!) and such of the like.

Or maybe it IS the paper people...

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2000, 08:23:11 PM »
Dude, Doomba- you're being way too hard on PM.  Has Miyamoto ever let us down before? No! Every single major Mario game has been good in its own right- even SMB2 (That egg-riding level was pretty cool)! Quit being so harsh.  Some may think that because the game is being done by HAL and not by Square that it's going to be some awful abomination, or a blemish in the Mario universe. This is not so. HAL created Earthbound, and it is a great, fun, and lighthearted game.  Anyone can enjoy it.  PM is going to be awesome! As long as Miyamoto is still the mastermind behind Mario, we're going to continue to have great games.

from Opus

What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2000, 11:28:35 AM »
Uh, uh... I disagree.  I'm really looking forward to Paper Mario.  So the princess gets kidnapped, so what!  Just because the storyline doesn't START OUT very original doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game.  Remember the beginning of SMRPG?  The princess gets kidnapped!  But later on the story changes dramatically, to the story about the seven stars and Smithy trying to end all wishes.  I have a feeling something like that's going to happen with PM.  Myamoto has never let us down before and I doubt he will with this.  And what's wrong with the game being done by HAL?  HAL brought us Earthbound and Super Smash Bros, both of which were very good, fun, original games.  So don't dis the game till it's acutally out, 'k?
I'm the Flamin' Red Yoshi!
(no, that doesn't mean I flame people, it just means I'm a red Yoshi on fire!)

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2000, 11:47:55 AM »
There is one thing you have to know about some gamers- We get 'spoiled' by Square Soft games.

Sad, but true.

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2000, 04:08:15 PM »
And remember in the preview at the Nintendo site, that it said at the end of the overview of the begining of the story it said that the seven star watch on. Maybe Luigi steal the wand from Bowser and revives Smithy to finally get his own game. Or something in a that line or better.

I am the best RPG villian ever.
I am the best RPG villian ever.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2000, 02:27:28 AM »
Uhh... this is a big giveaway to where I live but do you know when Paper Mario is coming out in Australia?

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2000, 02:11:41 PM »
Nintendo.com said that you'll be able to play as Toadstool as in, walk around as her, not just hit bad guys with a frying pan.

And there are only two reasons why people are really doubting Paper Mario. One because its going to be paper, (www.ign64.com said that its hard to control at first, but you'll get the hang of it), and Two because Squaresoft isn't helping with it.

Thats what I think.

Oh yeah! Well, Luigi''s taller!

Ralph Wiggum: Hello SuperNintendo Chalmers!
Oh yeah! Well, Luigi''s taller!

Ralph Wiggum: Hello SuperNintendo Chalmers!

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2000, 03:43:38 AM »
Hey! No one answered my question!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2000, 10:22:50 AM »
Ever since "Super Mario World," Nintendo has been on a downhill spiral, and maybe "Paper Mario" can be the one te reverse that.  Hopefully, "Paper Mario" will be a great "Mario" game, like the classics ("Super Mario Bros. 3," "Super Mario World," etc.) and not another dud ("Yoshi's Island." "Mario 64," etc.).  We can just hope and pray that "Paper Mario" will turn the tide, and send "Mario" games back on track.

Help us, "Paper Mario," you're our only hope.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Print