Mario Party 7
2 (9.1%)
Mario Party Advance
0 (0%)
They're all great!
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Best (I mean, least bad) Mario Party  (Read 12563 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: September 28, 2005, 09:20:43 PM »
I've never played #1
#2 had a very limited character selection.
#3 had the board where you have the monsters to protect you.
#4 is the only one I own...
#5 looked to stupid for me to buy.
#6: same as 5.

Tie between 3 & 4. How about you?

I can talk English more better than you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 08:13:06 PM »
1 and 2 were awesome. 3-6 were good, but could have used other Mini-games. Ones that had nothing to do with cleaning.......

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:14:31 PM »
I've only played the first one.  It was good (as in not bad).  I liked the intro music, which is strange because I usually don't go for the programatic stuff.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 09:17:03 PM »
MP1 is, in my mind, the best of the series. I mean, the later games made changes to the first game that I thought only orsened the games. That's just me, though. I've only seriously played the first three.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:56:01 AM »
In my opinion, #4 was by far the best.  It had awesome items, lottery shop, and crazy-fun mini-games.  I loved it, and I'm still looking for it because I don't own it.

My order:

(Haven't played 6 yet)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 10:32:15 AM »
I've played them all. A LOT. And now I'm a seasoned, grizzled Mario Party veteran. People are too scared to play against me 'cause I pwn them. Anyway, I think they're all decent. Not spectacular, but definately not bad like many people think. The sixth is cool because of the microphone, but I like 4 the best.

And don't play multiplayer with me, 'cause I'll pwn you.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 01:33:05 PM »
We'll see about that!  Everbody 'round here call me the Mario Party Pwner King!  Ha!  Ha!  Actually you probably would beat me.  But I bet we would tie in a lot of stuff.

I wish people would stop insulting MP because the games are very fun if you play them long enough (but of course everyone can have an opinion).  MP3 didn't seem to great at first until I played it long enough.  Then it got really fun.  Especially Tick Tock Hop where I used to controllers to get 2 characters all the way to 99 jumps (but I did use a turbo controller).

My thoughts-
MP3 (pro: can move faster, three items, duel boards and neat 2v2, Battle games and puzzle games, Con: Game Guy)
MP4 (pro: DK's last MP game, great mini-games, 1-player games, retro pipe sounds. Con: kind of slow movement
MP5 (pro: has some of my favorite music, pay to use items, put items where you want them, fight people in machine you build, realistic mini board game. Con: irritating duel boards with the "Koopa Kids")
MP2 (pro: no rotating control stick, a few really fun games like Shock, Drop, or Roll and Shell Shocked, old games made better, intro to using items, duel game intro, item game intro, last mini-game island. Con: old games made harder, chance time)
MP1 (pro: team work games, mini-game island, con: rotating control stick)

I have more cons but I can't think of them right now (because I'm an optimist!).  May never play 6 because it's not at my rental store.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/30/2005 12:34:08 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 07:55:06 PM »
Unfortunetly, I own and've played them all. The series kinda went downhill after Mario Party 4. I'd list pros and cons as well, but it might turn out too simaliar to yoshisaurus rex's. That wont stop me from getting Mario Party 7, though. I'm still hooked on Mario Party no matter what.

PaperMario Rules!

Edited by - PaperMario on 9/30/2005 6:56:02 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »
Oh, BTW, this also means MP advance, which I also didn't get.
My topic name is kind of wrong. MP is OK, but way too repetitive.
It's YOUR problem!

Sqrt2

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 08:14:27 AM »
In my opinion both 3 and 4 are tied for best Mario Party game. 1,2, and 6 are ok but 5 totally sucked, due to the horrific story mode, and the loss of DK as a playable character.

Macbeth tried hard - he gave it a good stab.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 05:40:13 PM »
Mario Party 4 was definately the best one. I saw it as a new, refreshing experience as it was the first MP on the Gamecube, with improved graphics and sounds. I loved its subquest to get all the presents. I think that MP5 was the worst because its story line and mode sucked, and there wasn't many really fun things to do in it. The Super-Duel mode was interesting at first, but became incredibly boring. I do not believe this is the one you should play by yourself. MP5 made me lose interest in the MP games following it, so I have no plans to buy 6 and 7.

Hurry Up The Cakes!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 10/3/2005 4:41:46 PM

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 07:26:49 AM »
I liked the third. I own the first and it was great, but the third had my favorite mini-game, snowball fight!!

I''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 10:13:25 AM »
6 has a snowball fight too!

Mario, Mario, He''s our Man, If he can''t tripple-jump and ground-pound no one can!!

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 01:16:52 PM »
I think that MP5 is better than MP3 It's an opinion alright?

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/4/2005 12:17:38 PM

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 01:18:42 PM »
I'll pwn you all in any MP!

Edit-I'm to lazy to move my sig to the bottom so I'm just posting.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/4/2005 12:19:33 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »
Yes, it's opinion.
(Unless you accidentally triple posted, don't do that again.)

(Parentheses are cool.) "Quotation marks are cool." "Punctuation. (is?) cool!"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 02:00:28 PM »
Actually, the other 2 are dounle posts. My computer is kinda slow.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 03:15:40 PM »
The thing cool about 4 is that you have the 3 items instead of caps, and I liked the boards.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 09:55:09 PM »
Hey, guess what?  I went to a new friend's house and found out that he had Mario Party 6, and then when I played it a little bit and talked about it, he let me borrow it!  Yay!  I thought I would never get a chance to play that game.

When I first started playing, I was having the best time ever and laughing more than most Mario haters would find necessary.  Part of the reason I'm having so much fun is because I've been drowning in school work and had almost no time for video games.  But now that I have more time I can party with Mario again!  Woo-hoo!

Maybe I'm just going a little nuts here, but this is very fun.  Out of the few mini-games I got my hands on, they were a blast and actually felt different from most MP games.  Snow Whirled is a good one, but I'm finding some really cool 1-vs-3 games that are my favorites so far.

However, I can't help but feel ripped off because of confusing advertising.  The day and night feature sounded like a special thing that worked with real time (like in Animal Crossing, which I really need to play) but it was just a turn-based thing. (3 I>:O}I+(  And the fact that items were pretty much free now also hit a bad chord (H# I believe).

But you really gotta try the microphone games because they're funner den fun.  Especially the ones where you run and dodge obstacles.  Something about them just makes me feel like a kid who finds your everyday thing an adventure.  And something funny happened during one of the talking mini-games.  I was playing that one game with the machine that you drive and fire deadly weapons at 3 people.  When I had tried everything in the list I decided to be a little creative and experimented with my own words.  So with a grin I quietly said "poop!" and then got super freaked out when the top of the machine opened and these brown things came flying out. @_@ Thankfully they were just Goombas, and the "oo" must have triggered that.

Speaking of strange, it feels weird when I think of an idea for a MP mini-game and then see something much like it show up.  Like one time I thought of a 1-on-3 game that has the 1 standing on a giant fire-breathing statue of Bowser and 3 on a platform that surrounds it, and that guy has to try and burn everyone off.  Then something like it is in MP5.  And another time, I picture a 2-on-2 game where one person sits in a cannon while the other pumps it up with air (like your typical air-pumping game).  Then they get launched into the air, grab coins, and come back down to switch places.  In MP6, Cashapult looks somewhat like that.  Not too much but a little.

You know, what Mario Party really needs is a Chance option in the menu that lets you turn on and off certain games, items, etc that are more based on luck and then talent would actually benefit you all the way!  Think of that.  Or if not that, there should be a "Worst Luck" star awarded to most ripped off person at the end of a board.  I wouldn't even care if people laughed at me for that.

As a final note, I am beginning to wonder if MP5 wasn't that great after all.  It seemed like mmany of the games were bland and the boards have a weird feeling to them.  But I still like most of that game.

Final final note, when I lost a Bowser mini-game I just heard him say, "I've eaten Goomba jerky that tougher than you!"  Now I'm getting worried about Bowser's diets.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/5/2005 8:43:42 AM
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 08:30:45 PM »
As an owner of MP6, I should warn you. If you play it too much, it sucks the fun out of the game. It's a blast at first, but it's easy to beat it. My recommendation:save it for some good times with other party animals.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »
I still regard Mario Party 3 to be the best one in the series. I haven't played 1 or 2 yet so I can't comment on that. 4 sucked royally compared to 3. 5 was slightly better but still not close to the greatness of 3. 6 I can't remember too much so I put it inbetween 4 and 5. Advanced was very lackluster but it did have some good remixes.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 11:01:13 PM »
What they needed in MPA is a Multi-player for the board, but it still came with the paper board so you can play some-what of the normal Mario Party.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 04:24:06 PM »
I think #6 is the best.
Mario rocks and so does Petey Piranha!

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 11:44:37 PM »
Mario party 5 is the best.

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 12:08:37 AM »
My official results for Mario Party 6 after playing all of the mini-games... I love this game!  It has more action games and I love those.  One board is pretty unique because you start out with 5 stars and try to steal others (but Fair Square is my favorite!).  Block Star... the funnest puzzle game I have ever played (that will probably change if I get a chance to play Meteos).  Less chance games is good too.  I don't know where to put this game on my list but at least 2nd place.

Still, the 1-player mode is the worst I've seen so far.  I hope that I can unlock something cool that makes up for it (don't spoil anything for me if there is or isn't).  And the Miracle spaces have to go now before I shoot myself.  Or at least have the option to remove them from boards.  No, let's take out almost everything that has to do with luck so I can finally play fair and square without worrying about losing everything in a short amount of time.  I go for that.  Or at least a Bonus Star for the Unluckiest Player to make people feel better.

I may not ever play 7, but I look forward to the Revolution party and expect some great new things.  Like... a pizza eating mini-game!  Grab pieces as fast as you can by jerking the controller and then take drinks of Kerokero Cola when your mouth gets full.  Whoever wins gets to hear their character belch!  Man, I must be getting tired or something.

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 06:35:11 PM »
Mario Party is good. It's a annual dose of goodness. I don't know why you guys hate it. Is it destroying Mario? No.

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 06:51:15 PM »
I was more into the fact that they make way too many MPs, but on Black Friday is was practically what everyone was getting!! So I'm in a way stuck between.
I'm a horrible person.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 08:42:15 AM »
I like the 5th or 6th one the best. Although, I can't help not loving the original.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 12:31:44 PM »
You all just don't like Mario Party.

It's a good series. Fun by yourself or with others.

It's overused too much? Look there are more Final Fantasy games than Mario Party. A lot of people like Final Fantasy. (Including Me.)

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 01:12:07 PM »
The best Mario Party I've played is number seven due to the two hidden characters, the eight player mode, more microphone games and those good old mini games. That's the new one though.
For the other Mario party picks, I'd pick numbers five and six. Number five becuase of the super duel mode which I played constantly. Number six because of the day and night modes and the start of the Gamecube microphone.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2005, 07:34:38 PM »
Poll added.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 08:04:58 PM »
mp4 is the only one i own, but i played some of the otherones and i thought they sucked
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 09:08:36 PM »
Add the everything option and I'll vote.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 10:43:47 PM »
3 is the best to me. I have spent more time on it than the others.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 10:46:02 PM »
Yeah... Most of the people who posted here said 3 & 4 were the best 2. It's like this: From Mario Party to Mario Party 3, the features got better. From MP3 to MP4, it sort of stayed the same. Then it's all downhill from there. (Actually, I'm sure I'd like MP5-7, but I'd rather spend my money and Christmas List space on DS games)
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 03:48:18 PM »
1...the best one

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2005, 10:12:29 PM »
What do you guys think would make the perfect Mario Party game?  Like items, mini-games, boards, etc.?  I konw Nintendo could really spice it up a lot but it seems like they're holding back sometimes.

Speaking of Mario Party, I have a surprise for you.  Very soon I plan to host a Mario Party board game at TMK and whoever wants to join it can!  But only the first 6 people can play for awhile so get ready.  I already typed the rules on Word for quick copy-paste and just need to quickly draw a board on paper, scan it, and then upload it to the site and we'll be ready to party.  Does anyone have any ideas for boards and spaces? 

Now that I revealed this to you I would appreciate it if no one tried to steal my idea because I worked pretty hard on this plan.  And I do have a method for rolling dice (but not mini-games or items yet) so it should work!

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2005, 03:41:45 PM »
I want to Play! I'll be Mario.

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 12:13:53 AM »
Alright, there's one person!  You can't really choose characters in this version, Aarom11, but you can imagine that if you want.  Or... you can make some kind of flash animation for every turn you do. ;)

I'm trying to get a blueprint idea for a board and it's very difficult to find one I'm happy with.  Anyone feel free to try for yourselves.  Just make sure that if you fill in the spaces that you only have red, blue, ?, and Bowser spaces (because that's all I'm working on right now).  Rats, this is harder than I thought!

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2005, 01:49:21 AM »
I'll be Luigi. I'm so bored over the holidays. I need something to do.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2005, 07:15:56 PM »
The best Mario Party was the original one. After the N64 games, the series got really redundant. Mario Party would be perfect for the DS!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2005, 12:54:01 AM »
i can only say 5 cause i've only played 5, doi
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2005, 07:23:40 PM »
I have an Idea, We get orbs and we use it. Except they become Aarom11 spaces that have special effects. The name sepends on the player.

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2005, 07:38:43 PM »
I just got MP7 and my first NGC for my birthday, for a first MP game (Besides MPA) it makes a good impression.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »
I have an Idea, We get orbs and we use it. Except they become Aarom11 spaces that have special effects. The name sepends on the player.

If you're referring to my TMK Mario Party game, I agree that's a good idea and that I also would like to do.  I do plan on having some items in the game but right now I don't know about orbs you throw on the board.  The fun little things like that require me to keep track of more and more details and I don't how if I can handle too much.  But we'll see what happens.  I might send a scan of my board draft tomorrow so you can tell me what you think.

BLF1: Glad to hear it.  What's an NGC? ;)

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2005, 08:06:41 PM »
Nintendo GameCube (I hate saying GCN)
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2005, 09:38:53 PM »
Mario Party 3 and 4 are the best games of all time!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 09:42:56 PM by Khold »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 11:39:21 PM »
I really like 3, and I also own 2.  #3 is where they had some of the best innovations with the Duel mode and the Party Mode, Game Guy mini games (even though I hate them).
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 04:13:25 PM »
Okay!  You guys ready to see my draft of the board?  I finally scanned it so now you can tell me how ugly it is.  And don't mind all the faint marks behind it because that's just stuff I erased when I didn't like it.  The board has no spaces on it now--just the paths for the spaces-- but if enough people like the draft I can quickly and painlessly trace the board, add the spaces, and then scan it and upload it here.  Otherwise I'll add/subtract things and try again.  But I would just like to start the game so we have something to improve later. 

Few more final notes.  The left oval will have an item store that is farther away from the exit of the oval.  The right circle makes you go around forever until you land on a ? space and go somewhere else (but there's enough of them to get you out soon).  Now behold... the monstrosity that is my board!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 04:16:47 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2005, 05:21:14 PM »
1 was OK, but it was amost impossible to play without shedding some of your skin. 2 was really fun. 3 ticked me off because Millennium Star kept laughing at me. 4 was OK, too. 5 was pretty good, it probably would place silver next to MP2.

I haven't played 6 and 7 yet. So much for my "promise to buy all of the Mario Parties".
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2005, 11:24:19 AM »
I bought MP1, and it was good enough for me

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2005, 12:08:01 AM »
Y_Rex, I'd like to withdraw my name and maybe help out in different ways. I designed a map a long time ago, should I post it?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2005, 01:42:46 AM »
I had this one idea about a Mario party style game with the Peanuts characters.  I even designed a board for it.

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2005, 11:14:30 AM »
Y_Rex, I'd like to withdraw my name and maybe help out in different ways. I designed a map a long time ago, should I post it?

Yes to both.  I won't force you to play if you don't want to (how could I in the first place?) and I want to see all ideas before I choose the right board and start the game (but, like I always say, only show the board if you want to).  I just hope that enough people will want to play and that I can start it in time before my Christmas break is over.  But if it doesn't happen... there's always summer.  Or never.  I can live with that.

Every time I see the words Y_Rex I can't help but see some kind of strange face in the Y_R.

Jman: Could I see that board too?  But only if you wanna. 
Charlie Brown jumps to hit the dice block, Lucy pulls it away, and poor ol' Charlie lands on his back!  Charlie Brown gets mad and duels Lucy for all her coins, only to lose in a football kicking mini-game!  Oh the humanity.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 11:18:02 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2005, 12:49:46 PM »
Wait a second!  What just happened?  There were some posts below my previous post and they just disappeared.  Did someone erase those posts because of the person who was acting immature?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2006, 02:31:16 PM »
It's kind of funny, instead of Bowser, for my Peanuts board, since no one in that universe is truly evil, I used Dogkiller, a crazy character that my brother created.  if I ever get a scanner or something, I will place that picture on here.

Print