Mario Party 7
2 (9.1%)
Mario Party Advance
0 (0%)
They're all great!
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Best (I mean, least bad) Mario Party  (Read 12514 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »
Yes, it's opinion.
(Unless you accidentally triple posted, don't do that again.)

(Parentheses are cool.) "Quotation marks are cool." "Punctuation. (is?) cool!"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 02:00:28 PM »
Actually, the other 2 are dounle posts. My computer is kinda slow.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 03:15:40 PM »
The thing cool about 4 is that you have the 3 items instead of caps, and I liked the boards.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 09:55:09 PM »
Hey, guess what?  I went to a new friend's house and found out that he had Mario Party 6, and then when I played it a little bit and talked about it, he let me borrow it!  Yay!  I thought I would never get a chance to play that game.

When I first started playing, I was having the best time ever and laughing more than most Mario haters would find necessary.  Part of the reason I'm having so much fun is because I've been drowning in school work and had almost no time for video games.  But now that I have more time I can party with Mario again!  Woo-hoo!

Maybe I'm just going a little nuts here, but this is very fun.  Out of the few mini-games I got my hands on, they were a blast and actually felt different from most MP games.  Snow Whirled is a good one, but I'm finding some really cool 1-vs-3 games that are my favorites so far.

However, I can't help but feel ripped off because of confusing advertising.  The day and night feature sounded like a special thing that worked with real time (like in Animal Crossing, which I really need to play) but it was just a turn-based thing. (3 I>:O}I+(  And the fact that items were pretty much free now also hit a bad chord (H# I believe).

But you really gotta try the microphone games because they're funner den fun.  Especially the ones where you run and dodge obstacles.  Something about them just makes me feel like a kid who finds your everyday thing an adventure.  And something funny happened during one of the talking mini-games.  I was playing that one game with the machine that you drive and fire deadly weapons at 3 people.  When I had tried everything in the list I decided to be a little creative and experimented with my own words.  So with a grin I quietly said "poop!" and then got super freaked out when the top of the machine opened and these brown things came flying out. @_@ Thankfully they were just Goombas, and the "oo" must have triggered that.

Speaking of strange, it feels weird when I think of an idea for a MP mini-game and then see something much like it show up.  Like one time I thought of a 1-on-3 game that has the 1 standing on a giant fire-breathing statue of Bowser and 3 on a platform that surrounds it, and that guy has to try and burn everyone off.  Then something like it is in MP5.  And another time, I picture a 2-on-2 game where one person sits in a cannon while the other pumps it up with air (like your typical air-pumping game).  Then they get launched into the air, grab coins, and come back down to switch places.  In MP6, Cashapult looks somewhat like that.  Not too much but a little.

You know, what Mario Party really needs is a Chance option in the menu that lets you turn on and off certain games, items, etc that are more based on luck and then talent would actually benefit you all the way!  Think of that.  Or if not that, there should be a "Worst Luck" star awarded to most ripped off person at the end of a board.  I wouldn't even care if people laughed at me for that.

As a final note, I am beginning to wonder if MP5 wasn't that great after all.  It seemed like mmany of the games were bland and the boards have a weird feeling to them.  But I still like most of that game.

Final final note, when I lost a Bowser mini-game I just heard him say, "I've eaten Goomba jerky that tougher than you!"  Now I'm getting worried about Bowser's diets.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/5/2005 8:43:42 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 08:30:45 PM »
As an owner of MP6, I should warn you. If you play it too much, it sucks the fun out of the game. It's a blast at first, but it's easy to beat it. My recommendation:save it for some good times with other party animals.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »
I still regard Mario Party 3 to be the best one in the series. I haven't played 1 or 2 yet so I can't comment on that. 4 sucked royally compared to 3. 5 was slightly better but still not close to the greatness of 3. 6 I can't remember too much so I put it inbetween 4 and 5. Advanced was very lackluster but it did have some good remixes.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 11:01:13 PM »
What they needed in MPA is a Multi-player for the board, but it still came with the paper board so you can play some-what of the normal Mario Party.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 04:24:06 PM »
I think #6 is the best.
Mario rocks and so does Petey Piranha!

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 11:44:37 PM »
Mario party 5 is the best.

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 12:08:37 AM »
My official results for Mario Party 6 after playing all of the mini-games... I love this game!  It has more action games and I love those.  One board is pretty unique because you start out with 5 stars and try to steal others (but Fair Square is my favorite!).  Block Star... the funnest puzzle game I have ever played (that will probably change if I get a chance to play Meteos).  Less chance games is good too.  I don't know where to put this game on my list but at least 2nd place.

Still, the 1-player mode is the worst I've seen so far.  I hope that I can unlock something cool that makes up for it (don't spoil anything for me if there is or isn't).  And the Miracle spaces have to go now before I shoot myself.  Or at least have the option to remove them from boards.  No, let's take out almost everything that has to do with luck so I can finally play fair and square without worrying about losing everything in a short amount of time.  I go for that.  Or at least a Bonus Star for the Unluckiest Player to make people feel better.

I may not ever play 7, but I look forward to the Revolution party and expect some great new things.  Like... a pizza eating mini-game!  Grab pieces as fast as you can by jerking the controller and then take drinks of Kerokero Cola when your mouth gets full.  Whoever wins gets to hear their character belch!  Man, I must be getting tired or something.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 06:35:11 PM »
Mario Party is good. It's a annual dose of goodness. I don't know why you guys hate it. Is it destroying Mario? No.

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 06:51:15 PM »
I was more into the fact that they make way too many MPs, but on Black Friday is was practically what everyone was getting!! So I'm in a way stuck between.
I'm a horrible person.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 08:42:15 AM »
I like the 5th or 6th one the best. Although, I can't help not loving the original.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 12:31:44 PM »
You all just don't like Mario Party.

It's a good series. Fun by yourself or with others.

It's overused too much? Look there are more Final Fantasy games than Mario Party. A lot of people like Final Fantasy. (Including Me.)

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 01:12:07 PM »
The best Mario Party I've played is number seven due to the two hidden characters, the eight player mode, more microphone games and those good old mini games. That's the new one though.
For the other Mario party picks, I'd pick numbers five and six. Number five becuase of the super duel mode which I played constantly. Number six because of the day and night modes and the start of the Gamecube microphone.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Print