Poll

Do you think that the Mario Party games are still fun?

Yes
13 (52%)
No
3 (12%)
Depends on version
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Print

Author Topic: Mario Parties going on and on  (Read 3725 times)

« on: November 16, 2005, 03:36:30 PM »
I've been playing MPs for more and a few years and I want to see if you guys still like MP. So what do you think about them coming out all the time? For me, I still think that they're all fun.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:47:18 PM »
Well, maybe not to own and play by yourself
but renting the latest version to play with your three friends once in a while is always fun
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:50:17 PM »
See, here the thing about the Mario Party games, to me.

If Mario Party 35* was the first game of its kind (That is, the original Mario Party game), it'd be revolutionary, fun, etc. However, since it is the 35th of a series of 35 games that are essentially the same, with only minor changes and different mini-games, it's going to be seen as a lot less fun. I mean, it's like the concept that the more one plays a game, the less enjoyable it becomes on subsequent plays -- the Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns (curse you, ECON 251). Since Mario Party 35 isn't different enough from Mario Party 34, 33, 32, etc., it'll be less fun at the onset because people think they've already played it.

In other words, the later Mario Party games aren't bad games, at all, people are just not as amused by them because they've seen it before. As for the poll, I'm unsure if I've seen enough. No answer. Yet.

*Mario Party 35 is an inside joke that's really only explainable to myself. Crazy dream. Hard to explain.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:52:34 PM »
The reason I'm voting that it depends is because, I've never played the full versions of any of them except MP1, MP2, and MP4. I think MP 6, and 7 will be fun for the mic idea, but basically the same as Insane Steve.
I'm a horrible person.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 04:48:42 PM »
To me, MPs are only fun w/ friends and a bowl of popcorn.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 07:42:01 AM »
Accually, yeah, if you don't have friends to play with, don't get them, at all.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 10:02:47 AM »
i like mp 4 or somthing...

i got mp 5 and it sucked so badly, id rather chew on some razorblades.. but seriously.. such a bad game

so i dont play those games anymore... i dont have friends anymore either so it was a good decision to make

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 01:17:04 PM »
Yeah, they are fun. My favorite's will always 1-3 on N64. I like them the most.  :)
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 02:08:38 PM »
I've only rented the first Mario Party a few times, and own Mario Party 2 and 4. I haven't played any others in the series.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 01:11:49 AM »
Where's the "They're fine, but why own more than one?" option?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »
I like most of them, but they get boring after play them for a while.I like MP6 because it has a microphone.I cant wait for MP7.

Peace out
Dee to the third power dude

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 06:50:44 PM »
How does the microphone work? do you have to actualy say something? Or just blow into it like playing microphone games on Wario Ware: Touched?
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 07:00:28 PM »
How does the microphone work? do you have to actualy say something? Or just blow into it like playing microphone games on Wario Ware: Touched?

No, you really talk, and the DS you also can talk in, but obviously the only mic game you have is Wario Ware Touched.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 10:04:10 PM »
before mario party 4, I was told mario stops partying after mp5.

Print