Print

Author Topic: What Amuses You?  (Read 18468 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: June 07, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
What kind of things amuse you? Are you the person that laughs at a good joke? Or are you the hyperactive happy person who laughs at anything, such as waffles? Or possibly you're the creepy person who believes laughing is obsolete? Either way, just tell everyone what things actually make you crack a smile and chuckle.

For me, it's good music and weirdness (A.K.A. stuff me and my other friends only get).
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:35:33 PM »
I always laugh at someone who makes a funny point or is acting silly or telling a funny story.  My aunt always makes me laugh because her life is so ridiculous!  My uncle has a good way of making things funny also, but he is not a total goofball like my aunt.  I never laugh at someone who is being annoying or is telling a joke that is supposed to make you laugh just because it is a joke about chickens or refridgerators.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:42:19 PM »
I love laughing, although I do not laugh at anything. I laugh at stupid things when I have had to much sugar!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 06:57:49 PM »
I laugh at ironically funny things. Like yesterday, my mom came home with a burger for me and I said "yay, food." My mom responded with "what?" and I repeated "yay, food." Then my sister says from behind me "what?" And almost angrily I said "yay, food, you people never listen to me!!" And wouldn't you know it, my mom said "what?" We all just laughed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:06:54 PM »
I laugh at the wry turn of a phrase and clever puns when (pun intended) is not written next to them. People acting silly, not so much. Sometimes. If it's really really silly.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 08:25:52 PM »
I used to laugh at anything as a child.

Now, not so much...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:43:57 PM »
Subtle jokes are the funniest. I laugh at anything truly funny, not stupid-funny.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 08:49:25 PM »
Or possibly you're the creepy person who believes laughing is obsolete?
I'm like that most of the time.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 08:49:54 PM »
My friend John's pretty funny looking, so I laugh at him. Haha I'm kidding but he does make the funniest jokes.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 06:42:17 AM »
This may sound weird, but I laugh a those "sick" jokes. You know, the ones I'd rather not tell here? Well, no idea why, but they entertain me, I laugh at other things, but that's when I'm with my friends.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 11:05:42 AM »
I find it funny when people suck in helium and then talk.  :)
I also find it humorous when people get pleasures out of the simplest things.  For example, an onion in a salad.  This one guy I was sitting next started to sing "Onion!" because he found one in his salad.  This other girl was also very happy because she had an "imaginary popsicle".  It's weird, yet very funny.
I also like dry humor to a certain extent, but too much of it can just be cruel.  However, strangely enough, I have been told many times by a numerous amount of people that I have a "dry humor that is just hilarious".  One of such people was even my teacher after I acted a scene out in Romeo and Juliet.  O_o
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 11:43:29 AM »
There are two things that I find hilarious -- complex, somewhat dark humor, often topological humor (See the Daily Show/Colbert Report), and things that are so incredibly random, outlandish, or bombastic that your mind just gets thrown for a complete loop (see animutation/the Arfenhouse series).

Lowbrow/slapstick/toilet/"shock" humor is not amusing to me at all. I've never been a fan of comedy routines that focus mainly on race as the basis for the routine. I get it. People are different. Sheesh.
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 01:00:15 PM »
My friend John's pretty funny looking, so I laugh at him. Haha I'm kidding but he does make the funniest jokes.
Yeah, irony, sarcasm, and other stupid things... We laugh. Too bad I'm not very funny. Usually.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:02:31 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »
Yeah to bad...stupid John had to go to another High School. We'll have to find something else.

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »
I laugh at anything funny. Mostly comedy shows and such. I don't really laugh at jokes. I really think that the Yo Mama jokes are way out.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Print