Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 162638 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
"Small parts" refers to what people will presume my manhood to be when I'm caught playing a game with pink dinosaurs and tiny mushroom men in propeller suits.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »
I'm sure I've posted this somewheres around here before, but meh.

Quote from: C.S. Lewis
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Also do you really want to bring up the implications of "choking hazards" for "children under 3 years" in regards to your "small parts"?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2009, 12:51:23 AM »
Maybe "small parts" refers to certain characters that only play minor roles in the game, a concept so complex for toddlers to grasp that they'll choke on the triangular exclamation mark-sign they're eating.

I lost.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #333 on: October 24, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »
I hope everyone knows I wasn't being serious with that last post.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
Looks like I was right about the Penguin Suit being used for swimming better.

But that's all the bragging from me.

No comment?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2009, 03:54:35 PM »
I cant wait for this game! It'll be SO fun. We're getting it Nov. 15, the first day!

« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »
I still haven't gotten around to getting BIS, but I've already preordered this one at a nearby FYE.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #337 on: October 27, 2009, 03:38:36 PM »
You know, I can't help but think the lack of Wi-fi is going to hurt its sales...
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »
I imagine the "choking hazard" label has to do with the little tabs in the box that hold the instruction manual down which could possibly be broken off and ingested.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:54 AM »
You know, I can't help but think the lack of Wi-fi is going to hurt its sales...
Granted, the lack of Wi-Fi is a downer to some, but I doubt it would actually hurt sales. After all, obviously, this is game is targeted towards Nintendo/Mario fans and casual gamers--the former is (hopefully) experienced and open-minded enough to know that the game can/will still be fun without Wi-Fi, and the latter, assuming they even know their Wii can go online (as I understand it, a surprising amount don't), likely won't be all that into online play. About the only group I can think of that might be alienated by Wi-Fi-less multiplayer would be guys that play lots of games online and just own a Wii as a console-on-the-side (and/or bought NSMB).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »
I'm going to go with the well-known LD-esque argument, "co-op in person is a lot more fun than co-op online".
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #341 on: October 28, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »
So I hear Kamek has a role in this game, but I wonder if its THE Kamek and not a random Magikoopa.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #342 on: October 28, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »
Well you know in Japan, Kamek is basically a random magikoopa.
That was a joke.

« Reply #343 on: October 28, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »
Nintendo Power makes specific reference to Kamek, and the fact that the Magikoopa is shown sprinkling Yoshi's Island-esque magic dust over the Koopalings reinforces his inclusion.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #344 on: October 28, 2009, 06:28:18 PM »
Interview of someone who has played the game: (Quite a bit of info!)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12629

Print