Poll

Fun-GUY or Fun-JEE

Fun-GUY
Fun-JEE
Print

Author Topic: The Word Fungi  (Read 6758 times)

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« on: November 20, 2005, 05:30:37 PM »
I Want know how you pronounce Fungi. I get confused because it changes every other year with my science teachers.
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

TMS

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 05:36:57 PM »
Fun-ji, because I like how it sounds compared to Fun-guy.
Try finding a witty comment in this sentence....

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 05:47:39 PM »
According to Dictionary.com, it's pronounced either "fun-guy" or "fun-jai" ("guy" with a "J" sound).

"Fun-jee" is just plain incorrect. ..And it really bugs me when people pronounce it that way.
Fungus is pronounced with "gus" not "jus," so the plural form sounds better with the "G" sound, IMO, as opposed to "J." So, I say it as "fun-guy."
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TMS

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 06:01:23 PM »
Whats so bad about pronouncing things the way you want? If people still know what your talking about there shouldn't be a problem.

In fact I mispronounce things on purpose just to anger people.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 06:18:02 PM »
I think you answered your own question.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TMS

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 08:29:53 PM »
Thats just a coincidence, no reason for people to get mad at people who mispronounce words or misppell for that matter.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:15:33 PM »
I'm too used to saying Fun-jee.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 09:19:50 PM »
Thats just a coincidence, no reason for people to get mad at people who mispronounce words or misppell for that matter.
If it's a coincidence, then how do you know it that by doing so, it will make people mad? You're contradicting yourself there.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TMS

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 09:44:58 PM »
At one point I didn't do it to get people mad. I just did it because it was natural.

When people got angry when I did it then I started to do it on purpose. What I'm doing is no better than there doing, I agree but the people I do it to though are my friends and all of us go out of our way to do stuff like that.

I re-read my earlier post and it seems like I was trying to attack you. I'm sorry if you got that idea because thats not what I meant. It was really aimed at my friends. I'm not using them as a scapegoat either, I was reminded of them when reading your post. I don't know you personally so I wouldn't go out and insult your opinions. Your opinions are your own and I respect that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 09:49:55 PM by TMS »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 10:14:25 PM »
Fun-JEE? It's Fun-JIGH
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 12:04:36 AM »
You're all insane! It's pronounced "fun guy".
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 02:10:23 AM »
Actually, as of now only 2 of us are insane.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 12:02:46 PM »
I've always said "Fun-Jai".
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 01:35:11 PM »
I really didn't want to reply in this thread, but the fact that everyone has these crazy pronounciations for a simple two syllable word is crazy.

Fun guy. That's how I pronounce it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 02:35:41 PM »
Fun-JEE.  Not sure why.
Tech Koopa/Tech.EXE/Bowserman.  ^_^

Print