Print

Author Topic: All drugs should be legal  (Read 68994 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »
Well, it's true, various drugs have various images associated with them; even if meth were to be legalized, no one would go out and brag about it since everyone else would visualize them as horrible-toothed twitchy kleptomaniacs. However, pot has this cool, laid-back image, and it's that part that grates on my nerves. It's the same [dukar] as cigarettes but with hallucinagenic properties, but you're seen as subtly edgy when you bring up smoking pot in front of your peers (assuming your peers are between the ages of ten and thirty). Refuse to smoke pot with someone on any grounds other than that you're busy? Suddenly you're a prudish moralizing nerd. It's practically the same thing with shrooms, too, at least where I live.

Trust me, when you're the one sober person in a room full of stoned people, your respect for them will take a hell of a hit.
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2009, 02:03:04 AM »
I made that same argument as Bird Person a few pages ago, but he's still right. Marijuana is decriminalized in most areas, and vastly available to the masses. More or less anyone who would ever want to try it can and already has done so. Using the argument that "it COULD become as popular as alcohol" is kind of arbitrary, since arguing a hypothetical outcome is hard to do without proof. Even so, alcohol impairs your judgement more than weed, so it'd actually be less dangerous to have someone smoking weed than drinking.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2009, 02:14:21 AM »
You seem to be around some of the types that are actually huuuuge potheads, Glorb.

Where I live, everyone tends to have respect for each other, no matter who you encounter or whatever personality type you encounter. I've never met one person in my life here that disrespects you for not smoking. Typically, the opposite is heard when I say I don't smoke: "[dukar], man, hell yeah, least you ain't drugged out like me." (I say "drugged out" because weed, bars, lots of Vicodin, and lots of alcohol are favorite picks down here, not just weed, and everyone usually combines any of those 4 nine times out of ten.)

If someone notices I'm not smoking or notices that I'm not asking someone to pass the blunt over to me (keep in mind I only run into these people with my friend Jon), they'll look at me slightly puzzled and ask, "Hey, man, do you smoke?" I say, "Nah," and then I hear plenty of apologies from people saying, "Ah, my bad, man, I didn't know... that's cool that you don't smoke, though. You don't care if we smoke, right? The smoke's not bothering you, is it?" I never mind it, and we just go about our lives. No zombie potheads, nothing like that.

I think the oldest argument with weed is that it's a "bad thing, but portrayed to be the cool thing to do." I've always had a hard time believing it because, again, I've never met a person that glorifies it.... you know, that walks down the street smoking or smokes with a group of people saying something like, "AHHHH YEEEHHH MAN LOL1 IF YOU DONT SMOEK W33D YOUR'E' 'TARDED"

I've personally never seen it idolized. I usually see everyone roll what they want up and smoke in private, or if they're outside with friends in a semi-public or public place they kinda just do their own thing before returning to the group and keep it to themselves. They don't mention it, they ask people around them if they're offended by them smoking and go away or put it out if so, or just wait to smoke another time, etc. People just go out of their way to not bother anyone with it, but they still can have their fix. You know, like, I dip tobacco every once in a while like I've said before, but I sure don't walk around nudging people with my elbow, leaning over, and saying in a low voice, "Hey man, I'm dippin' tobacco.... pretty cool, huh? Hey, you should try it :) :) :)"

I dunno, showing that type of respect (especially with more controversial and/or taboo things) where I'm from is just a given. It's just something you grow up with and utilize if you feel it needs to be.

Not to say Texans are always up your ass asking if anything offends you every 2 seconds and apologizing for everything, but if we sense something, or it's a touchier subject we're dealing with, we'll more than likely just be cautious, but go ahead and ask about it. You will never be called a nerd for not smoking, you will not be accused of being a raging pothead if you smoke weed, you won't be called a jock if you happen to play football, you won't be called an old man if you play golf, and you'll never be called a video game nerd if you play any type of video games whether it be the stereotypical "Kiddy Nintendo," "Shooter fanboy Microsoft," or "Jap Crap Sony."

Where you from, Glorb?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »
Refuse to smoke pot with someone on any grounds other than that you're busy? Suddenly you're a prudish moralizing nerd. It's practically the same thing with shrooms, too, at least where I live.

Yeah Glorb, I dunno who you're hanging out with but I've never had that problem. Anytime I've ever been asked if i wanna smoke it I usually just say "Nah I'm good." and that's the end of it. If you play it cool then there's no reason for these potheads to call you a 'prudish moralizing nerd.' If worse comes to worse, grab a beer and use that as your excuse.
= = = = = = =

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »
Don't get me wrong, if everyone around me decides to break out a bong in my personal bubble at a party I won't start evangilizing, I'll just go to another room or outside or whatever (unless it's my house, in which case I'll kindly request that they put it away or git tha **** out).

But yeah, any time I mention that I don't smoke weed because of my own personal morals, people suddenly gets this big stick up their ass and act like I'm trying to convert everyone or whatever (excluding longtime friends of mine who know not to ask in the first place).
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
Well apparently you're just hanging out with the dumbest people on earth then.
= = = = = = =

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
Because all potheads except where I live are saints.
every

« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
Well apparently you're just hanging out with the dumbest people on earth then.
Yes, every time I log in to the Fungi Forums

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:11:25 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2009, 08:08:27 PM »
As sightly as those little red X's are, I feel obliged do something.

Picture
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »
Okay man, I don't know what you just did, but I'm willing to bet you didn't fix it for anyone but yourself. Since you looked at the image and now it's in your cache.
That was a joke.

« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
I was doing it more for those who aren't aware of the old "quote the post with the red X to find the image's URL which can then be pasted into your adress bar to view the actual picture" trick, but whatever.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2009, 01:12:19 AM »
Interestingly enough, Chupperson's picture loads and Weegee's link gives me a "Access not allowed."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2009, 01:29:34 AM »
That's to be expected, now.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »
In this topic: People pretend they're on 4chan by posting image responses.

On topic, I'm not saying potheads everywhere are saints, I'm just saying they're not all like the ones you seem to be around. I've hung out with many people who do pot regularly who don't impose it on you and then bite your face off if you don't want any. Not all are like that either. It's a mix.
= = = = = = =

Print