Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns  (Read 38567 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 12:09:49 AM »
According to CrossEyed, the ONLY things that make a DKC game are Kremlings, David Wise and Rare.

Yep. Not a DKC game in the slightest. :P
That's not at all what I said, you know by now that that's not what I said, and I'm not going to dignify this with any more of a response (in part because the only possible response would be to repeat myself again).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 12:22:31 AM »
I'm still confused why Chef hates(?) a Donkey Kong game that is more fun than DKC and is not a DKC game. (Nor did it ever claim to be.)
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 01:51:53 AM »
Jungle Beat will never be more fun than DKC. Ever.

And CrossEyed, I understood full well what you said, but even with the lack of Kremlings it is indisputably Donkey Kong Country. That was the point I was trying to make. Super Mario Land is more or less THE portable version of SMB, but Bowser isn't in it. That doesn't mean it's not Super Mario.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:57:20 AM by The Chef »

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »
Jungle Beat is an arcade-like platformer with an emphasis on stringing combos to get the highest score possible while the DKC games focus more on exploration with finding Bonus Barrels and tokens.  Whichever one is "better" depends on your preferences.

As for the lack of Kremlings so far, I understand the concern.  They're so iconic to fans of the DKCs.  I don't mind seeing a new villain, and sometimes I wish the Mario series would play around with the villains more.  But I usually see the introduction of a new threat in series that have been going on for a while to freshen things up, not in something like DKC that hasn't been around for a while.  At the same time, these Tikis can be an interesting threat, so I'm a bit mixed on the subject.  It be nice if K. Rool at least made a cameo appearance.

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
Maybe Donkey Kong actually managed to drive all the Kremlings off of his island, or maybe King K. Rool just gave up and left. K. Rool's not like Bowser, after all, he actually learns from his mistakes.

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 10:24:40 AM »
Maybe Donkey Kong actually managed to drive all the Kremlings off of his island, or maybe King K. Rool just gave up and left. K. Rool's not like Bowser, after all, he actually learns from his mistakes.
That would suck! :(

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
Donkey Kong Returns does sounds like a fun game to play. I hope that King K. Rool would be in it. And if not then at least something that would make the game worthwhile.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »
I'd rather see another Donkey Kong 3-D platformer :B

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »
Donkey Kong Returns

That's what it should be called. It looks like a good game, but it's certainly not of the Country mythos.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:25:20 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »
That's what it should be called. It looks like a good game, but it's certainly not Country.

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »
Fixed. I can see how that would've read wrong.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
Still wrong. Try again.

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
Yep, it's definitely Country.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
Maybe they should just name it Donkey Kong Continent and say that the kongs are fighting the villain in a different section of the continent that has no Kremlings.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »
Except they're on DK Isle. Press release says so.

Print