Print

Author Topic: The Last Kingdom Standing  (Read 2196 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 23, 2003, 09:28:47 AM »
This is a dark and gritty Mario story that is similar in context to Sapphira's "The Prophecy." I hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 1: Domination

Bowser stood on the balcony of his castle, staring down at his troops below. They were busily preparing for yet another invasion of the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser snorted and looked up at the dark beak sky; it was filled with ominous clouds that seemed to envelop the entire land in misery. Kamek, Bowser's faithful Magikoopa servant, walked up behind the Koopa King and interrupted his tranquility.

"Sir, the tanks and Bob-Omb carriers are ready." Kamek said as he adjusted his blue cloak.

"Good, good. This will hopefully be the last time we have to invade the Mushroom Kingdom. I am fully confident that we will prevail this time!" Bowser said as he motioned down below to his troops.

"That", Bowser said, "Is the ultimate army of destruction. "5000 troops with 500 tanks poised and ready to attack the peaceful citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom. Those pathetic fools think they are completely safe from any of my threats. Well they may have been before, but all that will change in the coming months..."  Bowser said as he placed his clawed hand on Kamek's shoulder.

Bowser bellowed down at the troops below. "Listen my troops. I know you have all been busy for months preparing for this invasion. Well your preperation has paid off. Tomorrow we attack the Mushroom Kingdom and take control of the throne!" The monster's roars seemed to shake the air like thunder as the troops cheered in anticipation for their attack.

---------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario was visiting Princess Peach Toadstool in her castle.

"I'm so glad you could come and visit Mario." Peach said calmly.

"I'm glad to be here! Look at the sky, isn't it lovely today?" Mario said as the two of them peered out the balcony window of the Princess's room.

"Yes, I love these clear sunny days, it makes me feel so peaceful..." Peach said, as she inched closer to Mario.

Mario coughed slightly and stared at the floor tiles. Peach looked at him, concerned.

"What's wrong?" she asked kindly.

"I don't know. It's just that we've known each other for such a long time, and I feel like our relationship isn't going anywhere. I just want to ask you..." Mario pulled out a small blue box from his pocket; he handed it to Peach, who's crystal-blue eyes widened.

"Yes..." Peach asked nervously. She had anticipated this moment since the first day Mario had saved her from Bowser...

Mario cleared his throat and gluped. "Will you marry me Peach? Please, be my wife."

"Oh yes Mario! I would be so happy to!" Peach leaned in and kissed Mario on the cheek. Mario blushed with embarrassment.

---------------------------------------------

How do you like it? Chapter 2 will be posted tomorrow.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 01:28:46 PM »
Sounds good so far.

What is wrong with this guy?
...Besides everything!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 05:59:08 PM »
It's sounds good. Oh man, just think of what 5000 troops could do to the Mushroom Kingdom!
Mario and Luigi have their work cut out for them.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 08:25:24 PM »
Sapphira: Creator of the "dark and gritty" Mario fanfic revolution.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 08:36:34 PM »
Ah, an intriguing beginning thus far. As I told Bluto, though... I think the chapters should be a bit longer. If you ask me, chapters should be at least 2 Word document pages long. (In my story, they range from 3-5, with a total 7 chapter length of 32 pages)

But still, nicely done thus far. Continue.

PS: What Sapphira has done for my style is not made it "dark and gritty"... She changed it more from slapstick to refined... humorous at times, despotic at others. I just cannot do "dark and gritty". I can't be that serious.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 08:43:46 PM »
Hehehe... I guess I'm a bit of an inspirer. :)
Oh yeah, I already made my comment on the "A suggestion to Sapphira..." thread.

So far, it's good. :)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print