Print

Author Topic: The Role-Playing Game  (Read 6956 times)

« on: January 12, 2004, 06:22:10 PM »
Heeeeeya, Story Boards!

Heh heh heh, it is sooo eeevil...

Erm, discard that. Choose a character. A Nintendo character, if you will. I'll keep track of who everyone is. You'll see the point after enough people join up!

And I'm Mario. Of course, I'll have a few anonymous parts (antogonistic ones, if you will) as this develops... but those of you interested will have to wait and see.

Ciao!

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 09:29:49 PM »
I call Bowser!  I need to get some evil out of me... BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!  Um, yeah, so I'm Bowser.

I am not a loser!  Just ask my pet rock!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 09:34:01 PM »
Luigi!

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 09:36:13 PM »
That's about all the people who come to Story Boards...

I am not a loser!  Just ask my pet rock!

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 09:40:18 PM »
Okay.

Markio is Bowser (good, I was hoping someone would be him!)

Screech is Luigi.

Are you saying you and Screech are the only people that come to Story Boards? Hope not... though... something makes me doubt that.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 11:38:17 PM »
ill be yoshi

has anyone met my pal roshi hes a gray yoshi just stay on his good side or he''ll spit rocks at you untill you die
if mario went on a diet and stopped hen he was as thin as luigi wouls we have to call him marigi

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 05:02:02 PM »
I wanna be Daisy.

We can''t tell you who we are. Or where we live. It''s too risky, and we''ve got to be careful. So we don''t trust anyone. Because if they find us...well, we just won''t let them find us. The thing you should know is that EVERYONE is in big trouble. Yeah. Even you.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 03:17:06 PM »
Okie doke. Now, Tom Ato is Yoshi and GiftedGirl is Daisy.

Got 5 now, including myself... hm. I'll start it when we get 7. Or 6 if I get desperate.

Ciao.

Kickin' it since 2000.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 12:07:12 AM »
We can only be ONE character? Tough choice.  Hrmm...I call Kamek!

Somebody attempted this before...

This is not a signature.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 07:02:09 AM »
Well that somebody wasn't me!

Come to think of it... it actually might have been. Haha... er. Either way, this will have better results.

Hirocon is Kamek... so that gives us 6. One more, I guess?

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 08:46:40 AM »
My friend Tyler wants to be Toad.

I have the latest news. Did you know that:

I like to fart.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 09:24:30 AM »
Alrighty! Let's-a review:

Super Mario = Mario

Screech = Luigi

Gifted Girl = Daisy

Tyler = Toad

Markio = Bowser

Tom Ato = Yoshi

Hirocon = Kamek

That's 7! Now it begins...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mario sat back in his red easy chair, watching the gentle stream of morning light that filtered itself pleasantly through a nearby window, falling over the richly embroidered letter in his hand. He read it over again, eagerness dwelling in him:

Dear Mario,

How have you been? As you have probably heard, I am throwing a New Year's celebration at my castle; it's going to be wonderful, I've invited so many people. I hope Parakarry delivers this invitation on time. Tell Luigi to come along too! It'll start New Year's eve.

Sincerely,

~Peach

Mario folded it back along the creases, setting it upon the table and hopping up, "Alrighty, another one of Princess Toadstool's fabulous parties. I'd-a better go tell Luigi, he's bound to get all in a fuss over which green cap to wear..."

Mario chuckled, heading towards the back of his "Pipe House," in search of his younger brother, Luigi. The morning light continued to filter in as the day broke, as if the day was created in perfect splendor for Peach's celebration.

Looking around, Mario couldn't locate Luigi; he frowned, "Maybe he already got up? He's-a done that before..."

The red-clad hero headed out onto his front porch, lifting his hand to push his cap off from blue eyes lightly, not minding letting a little sun in on them. Mario frowned, still not seeing Luigi, "Where has he gone to? It's-a not like him to head off so early. Maybe he went to the castle early..."

This is just a starter post. My others will be much longer. All characters who have joined (and by the way, people can still join up at any time) were also sent invitations; except for Bowser and Kamek, of course, but I would expect them to show up and try and at least crash it. They will not, however, be the "main" evil force in this; you'll see what happens once we've congregated at the castle. Please be descriptive in your posts and pay attention to where a character is and what he/she is doing. If you do something like randomly murder another character, I will discount it towards the storyline. Thank you. = )    

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 11:23:37 AM »
Meanwhile, Luigi was in the Toad Town library, looking at a fascinating book about the traditions of the Mushroom Kingdom New Year.
It was interesting to read about customs of a different place.
Luigi glanced at the clock.
"Mama mia!" he cried. "Mario's probabbly waking up, now!"
He rushed from the library, out into the town, and down the warp pipe that would lead to Mushroom Way.
Unfortuantely, he encountered someone he wasn't quite expecting, on the way home...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2004, 01:58:46 PM »
Bowser stood on the sidewalk, laughing at Luigi, whom had fallen over after literally bumping into Bowser.
"BWAHAHAHAA!  Why are you running through town, Queasy?  Running from a goomba?  BWAHAHAHAHAAA!" Bowser's booming, laughing voice echoed throughout the surrounding area, until he was interuppted from behind.  "Luigi!"  The person yelled.

How ironic.  I try to put significance or eloquence into my signature on a message board.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2004, 08:43:30 PM »
(What happened to all the other people that joined? C'mon, you shouldn't have joined unless you were going to post your character.)

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2004, 11:48:58 PM »
mario called yoshi to see if he could find luigi. after not haveing much sucess he decided to check mushroom way. when he heard bowsers voice he quickly juped into a tree. from here he could see bowser fighting luigi. he swung from a neer by vine and crashed into bowserwhile he was dazed kamek cast a spell on yoshi turning him to stone the he teleported the two evil koopas back to bowsers keep. luigi gabed yoshi and ran to mario and told him what happend. mario instructed luigi to go to the medicin cabnet and get a bottle of stone and chizle. when he returned he handed it to mario who poured it down yoshis throut then yoshi started to move but stayed the same stone gray colour he was. then mario checked the used by date it was faded but it said not to be used after 1989. "wooops" mario said "wooops, Woops ill give you wooops" yoshi shouted as he went to slap mario with his tounge but insted he spat out a rock. "hey yosh do that again" said luigi "k" said yoshi just before hitting mario again "from now on call me roshi the rock spitting yoshi

soz about the length of that but i wanted to change my charcter slightly

has anyone met my pal roshi hes a gray yoshi just stay on his good side or he''ll spit rocks at you untill you die
if mario went on a diet and stopped hen he was as thin as luigi wouls we have to call him marigi

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2004, 12:50:01 AM »
THis isn't role-playing.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »
I expected people to take on a role... like I did with Mario. I didn't know, say, or do anything with where Luigi or anyone else was, that's your job. Tom Ato is probably inexperienced, however. Where is everyone who said they'd participate? You guys need to be more active.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2004, 10:47:21 AM »
Luigi luaghed at his gray friend. "A rock spitting Yoshi."
Suddenly, the little wooden pidget popped out of their clock, and told everyone that they'd be late if they didn't get to the party soon.
It was a very smart wooden bird.
"Roshi, did you get an invitation?"

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2004, 01:24:51 PM »
I'm still here, Super Mario, but this isn't working for the same reason that it didn't work last time: it's impossible to make any meaningful progress in the story when on any given post you can only write about the actions of one character, and if you write about the actions of multiple characters then everyone else controlling those characters gets mad.  But I'll try...

Meanwhile, back at Bowser's Keep...

"Well, that certainly went well!" grumbled Kamek sarcastically.  "The entire point of this plan was that, this time, we would take care of the Mario brtothers before kidnapping the princess!  Get rid of them before they even knew we were up to something!  Be secretive!  But you couldn't stick to the plan, could you?  You saw Luigi there alone and just had to confront him!  This is why my plans never work!  You're lucky I was there to save your skin."

Kamek was being uncharacteristically assertive to his monstorous master, but this time he was really angry.  And apparently, so was Bowser...

This is not a signature.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 04:15:22 PM »
Bowser roared, "I heard of a party that Peach is having!  And she didn't plan to invite me!  OR get captured!  NOT WHILE I'M HERE!"  Bowser turned on his heels, and started on his way to Peach's castle...

If you eat sixty-two oranges, fifty-three bananas, and seventy-four apples, then you''re full of fruit!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2004, 05:59:08 PM »
There he goes again, thought Kamek miserably to himself, rushing off without a plan of any sort.  Is it any wonder that he never wins??

Kamek looked at his wand in his hand, then looked over to his broomstick resting in the corner.  Well, I guess I might as well follow him, he thought.  He walked over and mounted his broomstick and floated into the air.  Then, with a brief twirl of his wand, he vanished.

This is not a signature.

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2004, 07:24:42 PM »
It's kinda late but I'll be Peach?

~*Sometimes I dream I''m being carried away by a giant squirrel... so does that make me a nut?*~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2004, 09:45:53 PM »
I call Bowser Jr.

I told you I would shoot, but you didn`t believe me! WHY DIDN`T YOU BELIEVE ME?!!

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2004, 05:10:26 AM »
Alright. I'm going to post when I get home today.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2004, 01:49:18 PM »
"Hey, how come me and Toad aren't in the story?" asked Daisy. "Maybe they just forgot about us 'cuz they're stupid fatties." replied Toad. "Oh, yeah....." said Daisy.

If a giant butt took on a human toilet, who do you think would win? When they go head to head, it WON''''T be pretty. Ultamite Muscle. Ya gotta see it to belive it. Only on the FoxBox.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2004, 04:45:01 PM »
You're not in the story because you haven't added yourselves. Do you understand the concept of choosing a character and having them do things? If not, you shouldn't have joined this.

Mario's worn out brown shoes lightly tapped the cobblestone-like ground of Toad Town as he headed through it towards Peach's castle, streamers and colorful decorations already giving away the party's presence their.

Though he had not located Luigi, he was determined to get to the party on time, even if it meant just hoping Luigi got the invitation to show up. Upon walking into the Castle courtyard, he spotted Princess Daisy making conversation with a few party attendants, and Toad hurrying somewhere with a large slice of cake. The red-clad plumber headed over to them, "Hey fellas, how's the party going? Have-a you seen Luigi?"

This is where you or Toad would do a post, GiftedGirl. You'd respond and say, for example, "No, Mario, I haven't seen Luigi. I've been busy with guests all day," or, "Yes, but he was running like a loony through the town and he jumped down a strange warp pipe." Whatever you want to do, as long as it is remotely sensible. Capiche? (Understood?)

Please have fun with this, eh?

Edited by - Super Mario on 1/25/2004 2:48:46 PM

Kickin' it since 2000.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2004, 07:49:14 PM »
Hey, I just figured out how to post to a closed thread. Amazing. I never cease to amaze myself.

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2004, 05:00:38 PM »
Then, 2 miles away, Daisy and Toad decided to play a game. So Toad took out his gamelink and they played Super Mario Advance 4 together. Then Daisy farted. "Oops! Excuse ME!" said Daisy. Then they both cracked up. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" yelled Toad. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" yelled Daisy.

-------------------

If a giant butt took on a human toilet, who do you think would win? When they go head to head, it WON''''T be pretty. Ultamite Muscle. Ya gotta see it to belive it. Only on the FoxBox.

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2004, 05:00:27 PM »
It might be to late to ask, but can I be Sir Grodus in the story?

Edited by - Tingrio on 11/15/2004 3:22:17 PM
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2005, 09:49:05 PM »
Then I (Popple) wondered if I could join.

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print