Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. Sequel  (Read 2573 times)

« on: June 14, 2001, 06:36:47 PM »
At the end of Super Mario Bros. movie remember when Daisy runs in the Mario Bros. apartment and says something like "Mario! Luigi! Something's gone wrong! We need your help!"? I'm not sure exactly how it went but I think the people that made the movie were planning on making a sequel. Maybe there will be a sequel someday.

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2001, 06:42:58 PM »
Heck!  I hope not!  I wish instead there's a real Mario movie (in Anime format).

Only someone will remain as the true Nintendo mascot.  That someone is Mario.  Go, Mario, Go!
Agustín, The Sage Of Fungus.

''Nuff Said.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2001, 07:32:32 PM »
Why would you want Mario in anime? That would be disghusting.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2001, 07:33:03 PM »
Why would you want Mario in anime? That would be disghusting.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2001, 09:10:50 PM »
Yeah, look at the comics. They're in anime format, and they show off the Mario Bros. at their worst looking. If anything, though, the next Mario Bros. movie should be animated. Not anime style, but at least in some animated style we can appreciate.

Real life actors wouldn't work so well since we know that developers can never find actors that even remotely look like what they're supposed to be.

Then again, do we really want an animated Mario movie? It would be like watching the Pokemon movie: It's either good or a disaster. Me? I don't see any way that a Mario movie can be good.

But what do you think would happen if different mascots from different franchises all teamed up in some movie to fight a whole bunch of evil from other franchises? For example, Mario and Sonic team up. They will be going up against Bowser and Dr. Robotnik as the villians. Then there are other characters that could be thrown in, like Link and Gannon, Samus and Ridley, Star Fox and Andross, etc.

To be a Koopa, you must become a Koopa.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2001, 09:24:46 PM »
Personally, I think a mascot team-up movie would be much, much worse than just a regular Mario flick.  This is Nintendo, man, not the Justice League of America. :)

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2001, 12:36:01 AM »
The Batman movies were a little different than the comics, y'know. Mario movies would be like that. But I don't think you can make movies of Mario anymore. It was alot easier to write a story when Mario was in his classic games where he was traveling different lands in the Mushroom Kingdom. Now the characters don't travel lands, they travel rooms, like In Super Mario 64 where Mario didn't leave the castle but had to just jump in paintings in various rooms and in Luigi's Mansion Luigi probably won't even leave the mansion. He'll just be confined to that one building.

Edited by - ImmortalAl on 6/14/2001 11:37:37 PM

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2001, 04:39:23 AM »
I agree with billy chilly, it would be down right bad if they had a movie with Sonic and Mario teaming up. Though both mascots are really cool, it just wouldn't work. But hey we all had that idea when we were 5 or 6, at least I did.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2001, 10:16:41 AM »
ImmortalAl, you really ought to check out Paper Mario before making generalizations about the direction the Mario series is heading in.  Good old world-hopping is still around. . . it's just made out of Paper.

And no, I always thought teaming-up was cheesy. . . even when I was five.

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

Print