Print

Author Topic: Mario Party DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8868 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: June 08, 2007, 09:53:28 PM »
I heard that they are planning to make a mario party for the NDS
isn't this gonna be awesome

reply this and tell me if this goning to be a great or what?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 01:30:19 AM »
...And who told you this? No word on a DS Mario Party yet (We'd know, Super-Jesse'd be all over it).
Even then, very, VERY BAH. Never would I buy a DS Mario Party. Pirate? Probably not.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:32:32 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 03:02:48 AM »
Below is from an interview with Shuichiro Nishiya at Hudson Soft. It is a question and answer about the possibility of a Mario Party on the DS.

Question: "With its microphone and its two screens, Nintendo DS would be perfect to accomodate a play like Mario Party. Do you intend to carry out a title of the series on Nintendo DS?"

Answer: Shuichiro Nishiya (Hudson Software): "The characteristics of Nintendo DS are very gravitational for the series Mario Party. We would thus like to develop a Mario Party for Nintendo DS, as from the moment when we have an enthralling idea to bring to the concept."

-------

I saw this at www.mariopartyds.com which MB showed me earlier today.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »
I saw this at www.mariopartyds.com which MB showed me earlier today.
Wow.

I'd never thought I'd see the day when people actually wanted a new Mario Party.

Then again, the DS's unique features could potentially make for the  best Mario Party yet.

On the other hand, that's also what I thoguht would happen with Mario Party 8 and, well, look where that game ended up.

If they were to make a Mario Party for the DS, they should spend more time making it in order to make it sparkle, rather than just rushing it out the door.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 09:09:13 AM »
I have an idea for a minigame!

Game: Ball n' Roll

Type: 1 vs 3

Decription: The single player is on top of a ball, the others are on a platform, the single player has to use the touch screen to roll the ball over the oponents, every 15 seconds the ball gets bigger and slower. It is possible for the player on the ball to fall over the edge of the platform, be careful!

Controls: Single player- Touch Screen (Roll ball)

Other Players- D-pad (Run) A button (Jump)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 09:53:54 AM »
It'd have to be better than the Mario Party crap that was on GBA. 

Edit:  Sorry, I meant "Mario Party game".  That's a common typo.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 01:54:23 PM »
I agree with Luigison. Mario Party Advance was a huge heap of crap. Even Mario Party-e was better then that. Where did I put that deck anyway? *looks for it*
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
Until a "true" Mario Party DS is released, NSMB's minigames make for a fun party game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 02:18:01 PM »
I'd like to see a Mario Party DS. The game boy game was crap, yadda yadda yadda. But this really sounds like something I'd buy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 03:35:37 PM »
They'd have to do it right mind you, meaning include Wi-Fi and not make it suck.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »
... and not make it suck.
In my opinion that'd be pretty hard for a slow electronic dice-rolling board game.  I'd rather have a collection of all the mini games minus the ones based on chance. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 02:12:19 PM »
I would definitely buy Mario Party on DS... multiplayer on wifi....and minigames taking advantage on the touch screen... I hope it is actually in the works.
SIG VIOLATOR

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 08:18:14 AM »
Well, you know it's gotta happen eventually, and when it does, it better be better than Mario Party Advance
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »
Well, it just got announced. Let the rejoicing/whining begin!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »
I wonder if any of the minigames that appeared in NSMB will appear again?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print