Print

Author Topic: Will we have Luigi and Mario coop in galaxy?  (Read 14727 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »
I'm really not too keen on the idea of Mario and someone who points. Usually when I think of Mario Bros. 2 player games, I think of Mario and Luigi, not Mario and invisible pointer person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
I don't think we will have split screen Coop.  I wish Miyamoto would go back to the day and do a 2 player mode with 1st player as Mario and 2nd player as Luigi.
Old days? Shiggy said himself he implemented the mode so there wouldn't be the whole issue of the second player feeling like they were just playing to amuse the first player (they have that whole "Iwata Asks" series on the official Wii site, sand there's a Miyamoto interview about Mario Galaxy there).

Oh, and when I saw "Luigi and Mario coop", I thought there was some chicken-related mode I hadn't been let in on...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 08:33:40 PM »
Aw c'mon. A two-player game is no good for the massive parties you undoubtedly have every weekend anyway. Just wait for Brawl.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 11:47:38 PM »
2P co-op would have definitely made it less perfect. Because split screen stinks, kids. And so does a game where one person drags the other person through the screen. (Lego Star Wars escapes stinking because of its complete awesomeness on all other levels.)
That was a joke.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 01:20:01 AM »
With the technology they have now, they could have Mario and Luigi both in the game at the same time with a split screen as you guys do or do a force follow (where they cannot leave the screen like on Mario Party for example). 
Go Vols!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 01:33:18 AM »
Tethered co-op would be interesting, especially with the gravity effects.
Wait, didn't Sonic try to do that?

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 07:13:33 AM »
They did in Shadow the Hedgehog as a little secret. If there is a 2nd controller and Shadow has an assistant CPU like Sonic, P2 can use the 2nd controller to control the assistant.

Still, I am not very excited about co-op. I mean, you got through SM64 and Sunshine without an extra cursor thing, right? The game is based 99% on Single Player, and the experience probably does not change much with an additional cursor.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 07:21:15 AM »
Your right. I mean, its kind of fun playing 2P mode, but it gets a little annoying. Plus, another fun thing, you can make Mario stop by using the 2P icon.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »
You can smack him, though, I think...

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 10:53:45 AM »
Actually, I was talking about the canceled Sonic Crackers.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 11:39:33 AM »
What if is was something like Kirby, where the screen follows the 1st player, and the 2nd player has to keep up? Or what if they made it like Melee, where it fits all the players on screen? No, 2 player co-op would have been T3H B0MB.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 11:51:58 AM »
These crappy ideas are boring me to tears. I actually like the star pointer idea.

Does Luigi ALWAYS have to be player 2 for you guys? Really. We're past that now.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »
Hey, MEGABYTE, you didn't answer my question. Does Deezer have a copy and where did you get the copy.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 06:19:12 PM »
Actually, I was talking about the canceled Sonic Crackers.
Whaa...?

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
Sonic eating Ritz?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print