Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99382 times)

« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »
I can, since Don LaFontaine has done millions of movie and TV show narrations, his voice is embedded into my head, I can think of him saying anything.

But I still don't understand many peoples' near fetish-like interest in Luigi.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »
Didn't he narrate a commercial for some Wario game once?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »
Snake? Snaaaaaake!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »
But I still don't understand many peoples' near fetish-like interest in Luigi.

Please don't bash things that I like...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »
I played Brawl in GameStop yesterday, and I must say it was great. I really wish Nintendo was more considerate about people in the economical market, rather than profit. Then I'd finally have a Wii.
It was amazing. I will admit I absolutely hate playing with the Wii-mote and nunchuk, but nothing that can't be solved by a simple controller change.
I played as Pit, at first he was the one I was most excited about, but I doubt I'll main him. But that may be the Wii-mote+nunchuk talking. My friend played as Lucario and said he was the best one by far, whereas my other friend played as Sonic. It was great though. I know it'll be one of my favorite games ever if I ever actually obtain it.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2008, 10:28:35 PM »
missingno, what the heck? The Wii is already the cheapest console.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »
Maybe he's a Plug-In N' Play devotee.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2008, 08:38:25 AM »
That would make sense. Wii Rules!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »
Didn't he narrate a commercial for some Wario game once?
Yup.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
Wait 'till they get a load of meeeee! Bwahahahahahahaha!
-slinks into shadows-
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2008, 10:13:15 PM »
Please don't bash things that I like...
I'm not bashing.

And I'm not targeting that to just you, I'm talking about EVERYONE here who favors Luigi over Mario like some corrupt, biased, extreme politician.

Originally I played as Luigi because I was forced to. My brother played as Mario, I as Luigi. I didn't complain, I liked his green clothing. Same story with Mario Bros. I never played as him in SMB2, no, almost the whole time I played that game I played as Peach. My brother and I didn't own the NES version of SMB3, and in Super Mario World my brother and I played separate files, so I was never "Player 2" after that point.

I honestly didn't notice the fact that Luigi wasn't in Super Mario 64 because I didn't care. The game was fun enough for me to not notice. It also really scares me how there are still people who believe he just might be in the game somewhere. When I finally DID notice, I asked my brother why, and he gave me a fairly simple, yet intelligent answer: "Do you REALLY need him for this game?" He wasn't in the game because he simply wasn't needed. Same with Sunshine. The only reason he was in Galaxy was mere fanservicing, I'm sure the game would've still done great had he been absent and unplayable.

He's good in games like Brawl and Kart and Party and any other game that is generally played with friends rather than alone, but I don't see much use in him by myself. I apologize for being blunt, but, he remains the same in my eyes as he did back when I started playing video games. Luigi is PLAYER 2.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:18:56 PM by Vidgmchtr »

« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »
Except Luigi looked cooler in Super Mario Bros. 1 for NES. White clothes and green moustache, come on. Then he went green and... that was it for me, lost the appeal.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2008, 11:47:14 PM »
That wasn't his original color scheme, either. His Mario Bros. color scheme was the original. In the artwork for the arcade version of that game, his overalls and cap were green and his shirt was brown.

His original SMB color scheme reminds me too much of the Oompa Loompas in the 1970s film version of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Though I believe the movie title was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:20 AM »
^ True, true...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2008, 12:35:16 PM »
That wasn't his original color scheme, either. His Mario Bros. color scheme was the original. In the artwork for the arcade version of that game, his overalls and cap were green and his shirt was brown.

But, in the game, his overalls were green, shirt was black, and shoes were blue.

Print