Print

Author Topic: Mario Sunshine: Kiddie or cool?  (Read 2027 times)

« on: November 09, 2001, 03:35:59 PM »
Here's the jist of the jibe, Not much is known about Mario Sunshine, so i dont know how people like Todd can say wether they like it or not (i personaly think thats a little stupid). The little bit i saw of it (from pictures, and movies and writting about it) is it is more like the Dreamcast Sonic games, as far as backgrounds. There were no cute mushroom buildings or clouds with eyes, it was very realistic. With reall looking houses and plants, and a big blue photo reallistic sky. Mario has a strange backpack thing on his back and a water level meter at the top of the screen. Nobody knows what its for but they think it shoots water and that the meter is to show wether you need to refill your water tank or not. Mario moves alot like he did in Super Mario 64, only smoother and more realistic. He does wall jumps and the like, and it looks really fun to jump around. All in all, nobody knows anything about this so i think you should just hold off on wether its going to be good or not. I agree the title is stupid sounding but the people who have been saying it looks kiddie have no idea what there talking about, there just blowing hot air. Yoshi's Story was kiddie, this so far looks more grown up than any past mario games, so shut yer pie holes! And come on, How many Mario games have you played have disapointed you? Not alot i would assume (Mario is missing doesnt count ;] ). Well thats all i hafto say.

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

Link

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2001, 09:26:59 PM »
Ya know, I think that Myimota is running out of ideas for Mario games.

If i remember right, the backpack was a jet pack and the water level is some sunshine meter.

Just the name makes me creep out. The other Mario games that bombed were Mario and Wario and Yoshi's Safari, both for SNES. I might, and I stress might, say Mario Sunshine will fall into that catagory. We'll just have to see.

------------------------------
The Peagus Team must fulfill our duty. We must find the secert page.

The Game Master.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2001, 12:16:03 PM »
I have been conducting alot of research on it, and yes the graphics are great.  Mario has a strange backpack, and sunshine coins and crap.  What really bothered me though is that it didn't look like a Mario game at all! No Mushroom Buildings, clouds with eyes, or any sign of goombas,troopas,pirhanas yet.  Another thing was that, any major Mario starring role would start with "Super".  So I hope they chnage the name, and I hope it's more Mario-like than it seems!

BTW: I'm not saying it sucks, but it doesn't look the best yet.  And Doomba's absoultely right!  No Mario games were disapointments!  I even liked Mario Is Missing.

Just like Luigi's Mansion was Mario is Missing 128, but it's (Thankfully) not educational, fun, funny, and awsome!

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2001, 11:32:34 AM »
(I loved Mario is Missing!)

I think I did see a goomba in one of the screen shots. It's right under that onion monster. And since there are no mushroom houses or clouds with eyes, that just means it doesn't take place in the Mushroom Kingdom. From the looks of it, it seems to be an island of some sort. And maybe the boss is that crazy sun you find in desert land!

And what's not to like about the game, for the first time ever, Mario is wearing a T-Shirt!

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2001, 06:33:54 PM »
I don't really think we should judge it jsut yet. we've seen what, 3 or 4 pics of it so far. We don't know what it's about, waht enemies are in it, who the enemies are or anything.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

Print