Print

Author Topic: cool! i never noticed (about the Mario movie)  (Read 4412 times)

« on: June 30, 2000, 10:07:29 PM »
I just watched the last half hour of SMB on Disney and I noticed somthing. The De-evolve gun was a super nintendo gun (you know the bazooka thing) only a darker grey. I just thought you might want to know that. The only thing I liked about the movie is how they used all the bad guys names in the background. Like "Spiney's bar". The thing I hated...THE GOOMBAS!!! We dont look like that! And we are much smarter...well a little smarter.

Signing off...i guess.

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2000, 10:22:49 PM »
Yeah, I just finished watching the SMB movie for the first time.  Actually, it wasn't that bad!  As a stand alone sci-fi film, it holds its own.

I didn't notice that about the guns.  I'l have to go back and watch the tape I made of the movie. (I know I'm pathetic)

Was anyone else bored enough to watch the credits?  At the very end, they do a little sketch with a Shigeru Miyamoto lookalike where he talks to some koopas about making a video game.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2000, 03:55:07 PM »
I watched the whole credits just to hear that song "Walk the Dinosaur." I watched that scene at the end. "The Super Koopa Cousins."

*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2000, 08:23:38 PM »
I could never figure out why so many people disd this movie.  I always like it even thought it was different from the game.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2000, 08:22:12 PM »
The movie was......OKay. I didn't really like it a whole lot though! King Koopa was old and no one ate the fungus mushrooms, to become big!! But, the movie had nothing to do with the video games, so I guess that makes sense! I don't know, I'm just babbling! The movie was Okay, and I probably would see it again!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2000, 05:07:28 PM »
I did not like the way that Goombas were portrayed in the movie. They were shown as big, dumb, mean, ugly, and a mere small part of Koopa`s army. As a Goomba, I would like tosay that "GOOMBAS ARE NOT THAT TALL!!"

Hail Koopa!

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2000, 05:48:40 PM »
What bugs me is those people who mainly know about the "Super Mario Bros." movie, and not the games.  Like this one time, my art teacher was talking about proportions and used "Goomba" as an example (the ones in the movie have heads disproportunately small for their bodies) which really bugged me, because to me Goombas are about 90% head/mushroom with a tiny body and huge feet.  Those Goombas in the "Mario" movie are a disgrace!  They look like a cross between Jedi Master Yarael Poof from "The Phantom Menace" and Neo from "The Matrix."  And they carry Super Scope 6s?  Come on!  Can we say despirate marketing attempt?  I mean, those things were out of stores before the movie even came out on video.  I will give them one thing: the movie looked convincingly de-evolved from the games.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Print