Print

Author Topic: Nintendo DS  (Read 3013 times)

« on: May 09, 2004, 05:28:53 AM »
How do you think the Nintendo DS will look like?  Post your thoughts here.

Mario has fused with the N-force!
Mario has fused with the N-force!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 11:41:38 AM »
The Nintendo "DS" will probably look like a Game Boy Advance SP with a normal flip-top screen and a second screen built in the main unit.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 02:14:49 PM »
I agree.  I think it may actually look more like two GBAsp screens hinged together in that I don't think it will have traditional buttons, but touch screen icons instead.  This would be great from programmers since they could make as many buttons on the screen they want.  It would be very customizable.  I also think it may be wireless and have download abilities like the Nintendo iQue.

The above is simply speculation.  If it turns out to be incorrect I will deny having made any such statements, but if it turns out to be true I will take my rightful position as The Nintendo Prophet.  If it is part right and part wrong then I guess I will merely be "average".
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 08:09:07 AM »
This is what it's going to look like:

Some specs:

• 2 3-in screens: 1 screen is touch sensitive and comes with a Stylus

• Bluetooth wireless communications

• GBA backwards compatibility: Separate slots for GBA and DS games

• 2-D and 3-D graphics: More processing power than N64

• Estimated at $150 price range

And you can see a Mario Kart mock-up on the picture (and it has 4 face buttons, thank goodness).

More to come in the next few days.

Source: USA Today

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 5/11/2004 7:10:16 AM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »
*begins to hyperventilate*

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 09:40:32 AM »
I found a magnified photo of the Nintendo DS...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 09:59:41 AM »
How do you drive while facing behind your car?  Such a bad viewpoint.

And I also don't think it's such a good idea to have a Power button right next to the ABXY buttons.

Bozone, n.:

The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.

Edited by - ¥tterbiJúm on 5/12/2004 9:00:18 AM

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 01:23:43 PM »
Can it cable link to GBs and GCNs?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 06:19:43 PM »
Uh, Ytterbium, all Mario Kart games have had the view from vehind your kart.

I like the possibilities of it having a communication feature in which you could play against someone across the country.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 09:09:06 PM »
Actually, I hope it doesn't cable link.  I hope they release wireless receivers for GCN (and hope the forthcoming one for GBA will work with DS).

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 11:57:31 PM »
Uh, I don't think that's the power button...it's probably for the backlight.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2004, 09:14:11 PM »
Umm, dnc95, it's clearly labeled "power."

It’s hard to make up your mind when you don’t have one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 03:35:14 PM »
Well, since the Nintendo DS uses Bluetooth technology, it seems that there will not be any cables at work here...

YES!! There's finally a reason why the GameBoy Advance SP should stay around after the launch of the Nintendo DS!!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 08:50:32 PM »
Have you guys seen the videos for these DS games? They look incredible! Especially Mario Kart, Metroid Prime: Hunters, and NEW Super Mario Bros. They all have solid framerates with stunning 3D effects... Metroid Prime: Hunters looks almost as good as the GameCube version!

Could you imagine Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo DS? Just think of it... Huge 3D arenas that scroll 360 degrees, in full 3D! The top screen could display the game, while the bottom screen could display the fighting status of your characters (hit percentage, speed, stamina, etc.). And to top it all off, 4-player fights using the system's wireless multiplayer functions... That would be sweet!

Or maybe Paper Mario on the DS! The DS system is fully capable of 3D and 2D graphics, and Paper Mario would suit the system perfectly! The top screen could display the game, and the botton screen could display the status of your characters (health points, flower points, items, badges equipped, etc.)

Wow! I can't wait to finally get a Nintendo DS! IT'S JUST SO COOL! I am anticipating the Nintendo DS more than the Sony PSP!

Speaking of the Sony PSP...
I have seen game images for the Sony PSP, and they do look very good (almost as good as PS2 graphics). The Sony PSP looks like a stylish Game Boy Advance with a HUGE backlit screen... It has the main buttons of PlayStation controllers:
* 4-way directional buttons
* X, Triangle, Square, Circle buttons
* L and R "shoulder" buttons
* One analog stick.

One game that got me excited about the PSP was Gran Turismo 4! Yes, the same Gran Turismo 4 that is on the PS2 is also coming to the PSP! The game's graphics...wow! The cars look real, even though they use less polygons than the PS2 counterpart!

The Sony PSP and Nintendo DS are going to be AMAZING!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print