Print

Author Topic: Lockjaw's Saga: a Pikmin Story  (Read 25779 times)

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2007, 01:47:21 PM »
   Lockjaw had waited patiently in the main chamber for the training to finish. After about ten minutes, Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb had emerged from their respective tunnels, each followed by one of the Shearwig Masters. The Shearwig Masters then got together and faced the group.
   “We have unearthed your skills,” said Master Slash. “You have all passed the training and have unleashed your inner strengths. It is now time for the final test.”
   “Come with us, if you will,” said Master Slice, as he and the other Shearwig Masters went down the leftmost tunnel, followed by Lockjaw and his friends.
   “Wait, when is my training going to start?” asked Lockjaw.
   “This is your training,” replied Master Skewer.
   “Then why is everyone else coming along?” asked Lockjaw.
   “All will be revealed,” said Master Slash as he led them into the last room. This room had one large deep hole in it, which was filled with water. It also had one metal pole in the back. The three Shearwig Masters then flew to the opposite end of the room and faced Lockjaw.
   “Now has come the time for your training, Orange one,” said Master Slash. “We will do battle, but you must not attack.”
   “Not attack?” said Lockjaw. “Then… how are supposed to do battle?”
   “Your companions have great skills. Alone, they were able to best each of us individually,” said Master Slice.
   “Your strength combined is surely a force to be reckoned with!” said Master Skewer.
   “Your task, Orange one, is that you must direct them, and lead them to victory against us!” said Master Slash. “You are prohibited from attacking and your companions are prohibited from attacking unless instructed by you.”
   “Okay, I guess I understand,” said Lockjaw.
   “Good. Then… we do battle!” said Master Slash as the Shearwig Masters charged straight for Lockjaw’s team.
   “Lockjaw, what do we do?” asked Gallon. “They’re headed straight for us!”
   “Well, I think it’d be best if we… moved out the way!” said Lockjaw. He and his friends then dashed out of the way of the Shearwig Masters and huddled up to discuss a strategy.
   “Mr. Lockjaw, let me zap ‘em!” said Amp. “I have po-something!”
   “I could bring her in closer for the attack!” suggested Divebomb.
   “Good idea. Okay, break!” shouted Lockjaw as they all took their fighting positions.
   “Divebomb, pick up Amp and carry her close to that pole!” instructed Lockjaw.
   “Right away!” said Divebomb. Divebomb swooped down and picked up Amp. He then carried her closer to the metal pole. When close enough, he tossed her and she made a charge in mid-air that was able to ground Master Slice.
   “Now, Gallon, take care of Master Slice!” said Lockjaw. Gallon grabbed Master Slice and threw him hard into the hole filled with water.
   “I’m not out that easily!” said Master Slice, sputtering while crawling out of the hole. He then flew up and joined the other Shearwigs.
   “We have just begun!” said Master Slash. “Now… Shearsaw!” The three Shearwigs then got in a circular formation so their ends were touching and their mandibles were facing outward. They then rapidly began spinning on the ground, and were able to damage Lockjaw and Gallon.
   “What do we do, now, Lockjaw?” said Gallon. “They’re spinning too fast to attack!”
   “Hmmm… I got it! Gallon, go jump over that hole of water!” replied Lockjaw.
   Gallon swiftly crawled over to the hole, with the Shearsaw following closely behind him. While in front of the hole, Gallon jumped over it, luring the Shearsaw in. The Shearwigs then dropped into the water and broke their formation.
   “Now, Amp, jump in the water before they can crawl out!” shouted Lockjaw.
   “Okey-dokey, Mr. Lockjaw!” she eagerly said as she ran over to the hole and jumped in, standing on the Shearwigs.
   “Now, charge up!” commanded Lockjaw. Amp then made a charge which brutally shocked the Shearwigs since they were in water.
   “Good job, Amp! Now, leave the hole!” shouted Lockjaw. Amp promptly hopped out of the hole and ran back over to the others.
   “Now, Divebomb, finish them off with a bomb rock!” said Lockjaw.
   “Can do!” said Divebomb. He then floated over the hole and dropped a bomb rock in. Master Slash managed to crawl out in time, but the explosion blew the other Shearwigs out of the water. They were lying on the ground, moaning.
   “You… will... not beat ME so easily…” said Master Slash, weakly. “I am the HEAD Shearwig Master!” He then flew back up into the air, and aimed a Mandiblade straight for Lockjaw.
   “Amp, cover me!” shouted Lockjaw. Amp then hopped in front of Lockjaw, painlessly intercepting Master Slice’s attack!
   “Divebomb, pick up Gallon and take him closer to Master Slash! Gallon, try to get a hold of Master Slash and slam him down!” ordered Lockjaw.
   Divebomb then picked up Gallon, and carried him close to Master Slash. When Gallon was close enough, Divebomb through him, and Gallon got a hold of Master Slash with his teeth! His weight slammed Master Slash down to the ground with powerful force!
   “Ugh…” moaned Master Slash. “You have defeated all three of us, only through using the power of teamwork. Orange one, you took command and used your leadership skills to assure your companions’ victory! You all have passed the final test.”
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:40:38 PM by Area 64 »

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2007, 06:49:50 PM »

Lockjaw, Gallon, Amp, Divebomb, and the Shearwig Masters left the arena and went back to the main chamber, where the Shearwig Masters were congratulating them.
   “You four are truly skilled,” said Master Slash.
   “You have bested us, and learned a little about yourselves in the process,” said Master Slice.
   “You have all mastered the ancient arts of the forest,” said Master Skewer. “You are all free to go!”
   “Uh… that’s just the thing,” said Lockjaw. “Where exactly is the Forest Navel?”
   “Forest Navel?” asked Master Slash. “Is that all? Come, we shall lead you there.” The Shearwig Masters then exited the burrow, followed by Lockjaw and friends. The Shearwigs then began to lead Lockjaw’s group to the Forest Navel.

Sneed and Barney were extremely tired from constantly flying, but were determined to get the spores before Lockjaw. While flying, they saw very large, round glade in the forest, with a small lake at the edge.
   “Barney…” said Sneed. “Let’s take five down there.” Sneed and Barney then flew down to the glade and rested on their backs by the lake. After about 20 minutes, Barney was suddenly hit hard in the stomach. He then quickly awakened, only to find a Wollywog sitting on top of him.
   “Hey, what’s wit’ you?!” said Barney, wriggling out from under the Wollywog.
   “…You two are intruding… leave…” curtly replied the Wollywog. Sneed then woke up and looked over to his side, only to see the large pale Wollywog jumping up to flatten him. He quickly rolled to the side and avoided being squished.
   “What was that for, ya big lump?!” yelled Sneed, now hovering above the Wollywog. “Ain’t anyone ever teach ya manners?!”
   “…This lake belongs to the Wollywogs…” said the monotonous Wollywog. “…You two leave now…”
   “Yeesh! Fine, we’ll go!” said Sneed. “Don’t get so uptight! We were just tryin’ ta find the Forest Navel!”
   “…You two must be dense… you’re IN the Forest Navel…” said the Wollywog.
   “Hey, did’ja hear that, Barney?” said Sneed, turning to Barney. “We gotta go find that Puffstool!” Sneed and Barney then zoomed off in search of the Puffstool.
   After searching around the Forest Navel and asking around, Sneed and Barney still hadn’t found any traces of the Puffstool.
   “Hey, boss! Look what I found a while back!” said Barney, clutching three small, dormant bomb rocks.
   “No one cares about rocks, Barney,” said Sneed. “Rocks ain’t valuable. Valuable spores is valuable!” He then flew down into a dark area of the Forest Navel, followed by Barney. The dark area’s only light sources were numerous Glowcaps.
   “Hey, what is THAT?” said Sneed, seeing a slightly mushroom-shaped thing in the darkness.
   “Hey! I recognize that thing from that picture those chumps had!” said Barney. “That’s him! That’s the Puffstool!” Sneed and Barney flew over to the sleeping Puffstool.
   “Hey, wake up!” yelled Sneed.
   “Huh?” murmured the Puffstool, waking up slowly. “Who are you? What do you want?” it said, looking around.
   “We WANT dem spores you got!” demanded Sneed. “So fork ‘em over!”
   “What? No! I need my spores!” said the Puffstool.
   “We can do dis the easy way, or we can do dis the hard way!” said Sneed. “So, spores! NOW!”
   “I told you once and I will tell you again: NO!” shouted the Puffstool.
   “Barney, let ‘im have it!” yelled Sneed. Barney then threw two of his bomb rocks at the Puffstool, which exploded and severely weakened it.
   “Last… chance…” said Sneed. “Spores… NOW!”
   “I don’t know who you two lowlifes are, but I will never give them to you!” said the Puffstool.
   “Barney, if you will…” said Sneed. Barney then threw his last bomb rock at the Puffstool, making it collapse on the ground. Sneed and Barney then flew away, leaving the Puffstool for dead.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2007, 09:47:53 PM »

The Shearwig Masters had led Lockjaw, Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb to the Forest Navel not before too much time passed. Lockjaw had observed his surroundings: it was very dark, fire was spouting out of the ground, there was little grass, and there was a large lake near the edge.
   “Here is your destination,” said Master Slash. “Orange one, before you and your companions depart, I would like to give you this.” He then got hold of a small pouch attached to a loop of string that Master Slice was holding and put it around Lockjaw’s neck. Lockjaw eagerly looked inside.
   “… It’s empty…” said Lockjaw, crestfallen.
   “That is the Pouch of Leadership!” said Master Slash. “It belonged to the very first master of the forest martial arts! Choose wisely what you store inside it.”
   “Well… thanks… I guess…” said Lockjaw.
   “We shall return back to our dojo and find more passersby to train,” said Master Slice.
   “It’s mostly all we do…” said Master Skewer. “It can get pretty boring in a vast forest. We obviously get elated when visitors arrive.” The Shearwig Masters then flew off.
   “Well, where do you think the Puffstool is?” asked Gallon.
   “I don’t know where to start looking. This place is huge!” said Lockjaw. “Let’s ask someone.” Lockjaw, Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb then walked down to the lake to ask someone about the Puffstool. In the distance, Lockjaw could see a Wollywog sitting idly.
   “Hey, you!” Lockjaw called out to the Wollywog. “We need help!” The Wollywog then turned around, started hopping toward land, and leapt up high in an attempt to squish Lockjaw.
   “Hey, calm down!” said Lockjaw, moving out of the way. “What was that for?”
   “…You are intruders…” replied the Wollywog. “…This is the Wollywogs’ lake… you will have to leave, like the intruders before you…”
   “Before us?” asked Gallon. “Who was here before us?”
   “…Hmm… I don’t think I’ll tell you…” said the Wollywog.
   “Huh? Well, why not?” asked Lockjaw.
   “…Because… I don’t like you guys…” replied the Wollywog.
   “Oh, come on! Please? It’s very important! We promise we’ll leave afterward!” said Gallon.
   “…Okay, if you must know…” replied the Wollywog. “…Two foolish antenna-winged creatures…”
   “Which way did they go?” asked Divebomb.
   “…They went east… looking for the Puffstool…” said the Wollywog. “…Now leave, or I shall be forced to flatten you…”
   “East, huh? Let’s go!” said Lockjaw as he and his friends then ran east in search of the Puffstool.
   Not before long, Lockjaw and the others noticed a very dark area illuminated by Glowcaps, with a large, smoking creature in the middle.
   “What’s that thing down there?” said Divebomb, pointing to the smoking creature.
   I don’t know, but let’s go check,” said Lockjaw. Lockjaw and his friends then ran down to where the smoking thing was, and when they had recognized it, they got a worried look on their faces.
   “Uh, guys…” said Gallon. “Is this who I think it is…?”
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:45:14 PM by Area 64 »

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 08:56:08 AM »

“It’s the one from Daddy’s record!” said Amp, excitedly. “It’s the Puffstool! …Why isn’t he moving?”
   “Maybe, he’s just… sleeping…” said Lockjaw. “Let’s rock him back and forth.” Lockjaw and Amp then got on the left side of the Puffstool while Gallon and Divebomb took the right. They then gently rocked the Puffstool back and forth.
   “Puffstool!” Lockjaw shouted. “Wake up!” Lockjaw then began to hear a murmur coming from the Puffstool.
   “I heard him say something,” said Lockjaw. “Rock harder!” Lockjaw and his friends began to rock the Puffstool with all their strength.
   “S-stop… rocking... me…” said the Puffstool, faintly. Everyone then backed away from the Puffstool as it looked around. It was too weak to stand up.
   “Are you four with the two lowlifes from before?” asked the Puffstool. “Are you going to try to take my spores?”
   “Well…” started Lockjaw. “We’re not with them, but we do need your spores.”
   “Well… no…” said the Puffstool. “You four might be trying to pull one over on me…”
   “Trust me, we have nothing to do with them,” said Gallon. “We need the spores to fight off the Pikmin!”
   “They made my parents dead!” added Amp. “My Daddy’s record said you’d be able to help us!”
   “We have all suffered from Pikmin,” said Divebomb. “We need your help.”
   “Well… I’ll give you my spores… but I won’t be able to do much else…” said the Puffstool.
   “Huh? …What do you mean…?” asked Gallon.
   “I’m… dying…” said the Puffstool. “The lowlifes from before threw explosives at me after I refused them…”
   “But… what if your spores aren’t enough to help, and we need another Puffstool?” asked Lockjaw.
   “Go… to… the…” the Puffstool said, almost dead.
   “Go to the what?” asked Lockjaw, attentively.
   “Puffstool… Garden…” said the Puffstool. The Puffstool then coughed out a cloud of spores, then died quietly. Lockjaw waved his pouch in the air, filled it up with the spores, then closed it tight. He then turned to his friends.
   “Well… that’s it…” said Lockjaw. “He’s dead…”
   “Dead?” asked Amp. “What do we do if he’s dead?”
   “Where do we go now?” asked Gallon.
   “The Puffstool said something about the Puffstool Garden… but… I have no idea where that is…” said Lockjaw. “Let’s all just go back home…” Lockjaw and the others then walked out of the dark area, each filled with grieving.

“Ha ha! What a heist!” laughed Sneed as he was flying fast out of the Forest Navel, followed by Barney, who was carrying a full sack. “I mean, berries ain’t much, but they’re still kinda valuable!”
   “Yup, boss! Dis whole trip was worthwhile, I guess,” said Barney.
   “You GUESS?!” said Sneed. “I say it WAS! Now, let’s hurry up and scram!”

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2007, 01:14:27 PM »

Lockjaw and the others were walking back to the way they came, when they were approached by a Breadbug.
   “Excuse me! I hate to bother you four, but I need your help!” She said.
   “Huh? Uh… okay…” said Lockjaw. “What do you need?”
   “My food was stolen!” said the Breadbug. “I had gathered up a bunch of berries to feed my children, when these two winged creatures swooped down and stuffed them in a sack! Without those berries, I’ll have to find more food, and while I’m gone, my children will starve!”
   “Okay, which way did they go?” asked Lockjaw.
   “They went down that way!” said the Breadbug, motioning south.
   “I think I know who did this…” said Lockjaw. “Don’t worry; we’ll get your berries back!” Lockjaw and his friends then ran south, trying to catch the culprits before they could escape.

“Hey, Barney, come on!” said Sneed. “We’re almost outta here!”
   “Hold on, boss…” said Barney. “This sack is heavy…” Barney then sat the sack down and caught his breath on the ground. Sneed then saw someone approaching fast in the distance.
   “Barney, let’s go!” yelled Sneed. Barney was too exhausted to move. Sneed then resorted to trying to carry Barney and the sack at the same time, but they were too heavy.
   After running fast across the Forest Navel, Lockjaw and his friends had arrived to where Sneed was trying to pick up Barney.
   “Aw, great! Look what ya done did, Barney!” said Sneed, pointing to Lockjaw. “The chumps caught up wit us!”
   “Huh?” said Barney, hastily rising back up into the air. “Uh-ohhh…”
   “Just give us the berries and we can end this peacefully, Sneed,” commanded Gallon.
   “What?! Never! Not after that Puffstool guy didn’t even give us those spores! We need somethin’ valuable ta take back!” said Sneed.
   “Do you two realize that you killed the Puffstool?” said Divebomb. “That may have been our only chance at stopping Pikmin!”
   “Oh, booooo-hooooo,” said Sneed, sarcastically. “The bottom line is: you’re NOT gettin’ these berries back... and I might even take somethin’ of yours!” Sneed then quickly swooped down and swiped the pouch from Lockjaw’s neck.
   “No! You can’t have the spores! We need them!” cried out Amp.
   “Spores, eh?” said Sneed. “Oh ho ho…” Sneed then turned to Barney.
   “Forget those worthless berries! We’ve got the SPORES now!” Sneed and Barney then made a U-turn and flew right over Lockjaw and his friends.
   “Hurry, let’s go after them!” said Lockjaw. Lockjaw, Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb then gave chase after Sneed and Barney.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »

Sneed and Barney were flying madly through the Forest Navel, trying to elude Lockjaw as he and his friends chased after them. All the while flying, Sneed maintained a tight grip of Lockjaw’s spore pouch.
   “Barney! To the lake!” shouted Sneed. Sneed and Barney then flew over the deep part of the lake, hoping to lose Lockjaw.
   Lockjaw and the others arrived at the lakefront. Lockjaw saw that Sneed and Barney were too far out to go into the water and chase after, so he got another idea.
   “Gallon, Amp, stay here!” said Lockjaw. “Divebomb, pick me up and follow after them!” Divebomb then picked up Lockjaw as they both flew over the lake after Sneed and Barney.
   “Man! These guys never give up!” said Barney. Sneed and Barney then made another U-turn past Lockjaw and Divebomb and made another getaway attempt. Divebomb dropped Lockjaw onto land as they, Gallon, and Amp resumed chasing after them.
   Sneed and Barney had looked behind them. They could see that Lockjaw and the others were still giving chase. The two then dived behind a large rock and hid, hoping that Lockjaw didn’t notice.
   “Now where did they go?” said Lockjaw, looking around.
   “That way, Mr. Lockjaw!” said Amp. “Behind that big rock!”
   “Good eye, Amp!” said Lockjaw as he and the group dashed behind the rock and found them hiding.
   “Divebomb, hold ‘em!” said Lockjaw. Divebomb then got a firm hold on one of both their arms.
   “Ow! Hey, let go!” shouted Sneed as he and Barney tried unsuccessfully to wriggle their arms out of Divebomb’s grasp. Lockjaw then walked up to Sneed and Barney.
   “Give me back the spores!” demanded Lockjaw.
   “Fine, kid,” said Sneed. “If ya want ‘em so bad, I’ll fight ya for ‘em!” Divebomb let go of their arms and joined the group as they prepared to fight.

Sneed started by headbutting Lockjaw forcefully. While Lockjaw was dazed, Barney picked up Gallon and threw him at Lockjaw.
   “Lockjaw! You okay?” said Gallon. Lockjaw was too dazed to answer.
   “You know what ta do, Barney!” said Sneed. Sneed and Barney then flew up high into the air, and then swooped down to ram into Amp. Their attack, however, left Amp completely unharmed. Barney then swooped down to Amp and started hitting her shell rapidly.
    “Why… can’t… I… hurt… you?!” shouted Barney, frustrated. While Barney was uselessly attacking her, Amp made a charge that was strong enough to paralyze him.
   Lockjaw finally came to his senses. He saw Sneed swooping back down to ram him again, but quickly dodged. He then turned to Divebomb.
   “Gallon, bring Sneed down!” Divebomb, take Gallon closer!” Divebomb then picked up Gallon and Gallon was able to ground Sneed by gripping his arm. Meanwhile, Lockjaw was swinging the paralyzed Barney around by his arm. Lockjaw then threw him into Sneed.
   “Sneed, let me pound ‘em!” said Barney.  Sneed weakly nodded as Barney began punching Gallon rapidly. Lockjaw intervened by grabbing Barney’s arm again, rapidly swinging him around, and throwing him into a rock. Barney slid down off the rock and was sprawled exhaustedly on the ground.
   “Divebomb, finish him off!” said Lockjaw. Divebomb then made a bomb rock and threw it at Barney, but Sneed had caught it and threw it back at Lockjaw’s group. Divebomb caught the bomb rock and threw it back to Sneed. Sneed and Divebomb played hot potato with the bomb rock, and after a few seconds, it exploded in the air between them, damaging both of them.
   “Gallon, Divebomb, hold his arms!” said Lockjaw. Gallon and Divebomb each got one of Sneed’s arms and spread them apart. Lockjaw then headbutted hard into his stomach. The impact sent Sneed flying into the rock and falling on the ground next to Barney.
   “Fine… keep… your stupid spores…” said Sneed. “We’re outta here… for now. You’ll definitely see us again!” Sneed and Barney then weakly flew out of the Forest Navel as Lockjaw placed the pouch back around his neck.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2007, 09:45:52 PM »

“Whew, glad that’s over with,” said Lockjaw. “Now, let’s go return those berries.” Lockjaw, Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb then returned to the spot where Barney dropped the sack. Divebomb then picked up the sack and carried it as they went back to the mother Breadbug.
   “Thank you! Oh, thank you so much!” rejoiced the Breadbug. “You four are my heroes!”
   “It was nothing, really” said Lockjaw. “Well, have a nice night,” he said as he and the others started leaving the Forest Navel. As they walked, Divebomb decided to keep the empty sack to carry things in. He tied it around his wrist so he wouldn’t have to hold it.
   Lockjaw and his friends were at the edge of the Forest Navel, when they were approached by a Snow Bulborb. The Snow Bulborb was wearing an unusual dress around her abdomen made from Queen Candypop petals, and laced with Figworts.
   “Excuse me…” she said, walking in front of Lockjaw and the group. “Um… you’re the heroes, correct?”
   “Well, we wouldn’t consider ourselves heroes…” said Lockjaw. “We just like to help out.”
   “You don’t have to be modest. I saw what you did for the Breadbug back there,” she said. “I’m talking to you because I need help…”
   “Okay, what’s the problem?” asked Lockjaw.
   “It’s my father,” said the Snow Bulborb. “He’s very ill. He has been lying in this place for days, and I feel he might be on his deathbed.”
   “Well, we’re not doctors or anything…” said Gallon. “We don’t know anything about curing anyone."
   “Please...” said the Snow Bulborb, softly. “If you could just look at him…”
   “Well, I guess we can look at him…” said Lockjaw. The mysterious Snow Bulborb then began to lead Lockjaw and the others to where her father was.
   The Snow Bulborb had led them past the area where they fought Sneed and Barney, and further into the Forest Navel. While walking, Lockjaw began to walk beside the Bulborb in front of everyone else and talk with her.
   “So… I’m guessing you don’t live around here, do you?” asked Lockjaw.
   “Me? Oh, no… I could never live here…” replied the Snow Bulborb. “I come from a small, secluded village, not too far from here.”
   “Well, why are you and your father out here?” asked Lockjaw.
   “My father was looking for food in this dreaded place. After he had been gone for three straight days, I started to worry, so I came out here looking for him. The people of my village insisted that I not go alone, so I was escorted here with two village guards. Right now, the village guards are watching over my father.”
   “…Wow…” said Lockjaw. “That’s quite a sad tale, uh--”
   “You can call me, ‘Saria’,” said the Bulborb. “Though most in my village simply refer to me by my title.”
   “I’m Lockjaw,” said Lockjaw. “Behind me are Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb. Gallon’s the blue one, Amp’s the spotted one, and Divebomb’s the weird-looking one.”
   “I heard that!” Divebomb called out from behind as they continued walking across the Forest Navel.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 10:12:57 AM »

Saria had led Lockjaw and his friends to a small clearing past a rocky area. There, they saw two Snow Bulborbs fanning another Snow Bulborb with large leaves. The Bulborb being fanned was lying on his side with his eyes closed and his mouth open. He also had on a small headdress made from red leaves. Every now and then, he twitched slightly.
   “There you are!” said one of the fanning Bulborbs, running up to Saria. “We had been worried sick about you! We thought something might have attacked you, or--”
   “Well, you no longer need to worry; I have returned, haven’t I?” said Saria.
   “Yes, but it’s very dangerous out here!” said the other fanning Bulborb. “I could’ve sworn I saw two deranged Snitchbugs flying around here madly!”
   “Do not worry about me so much. I can take care of myself, you know,” said Saria. “How is my father’s condition?”
   “The Chief still hasn’t opened his eyes, and he still twitches involuntarily,” said one of the fanning Bulborbs. “We’ve tried giving him fresh food and water, but he still won’t awaken! I fear we’re out of ideas…”
   “Hold on, hold on, hold on…” said Gallon, interrupting the conversation. “Your father is Chief of your village? That’d make you a…”
   “Correct,” answered Saria. “I am the princess of my village.”
   “Woooow… a princess…” said Amp, awestruck. The two fanning Bulborbs then noticed Lockjaw and his companions standing casually behind Saria.
   “Princess!” shouted one of them. “I don’t know if you are aware of this, but you have been followed by some strange, unruly creatures! Surely, nothing short of forest rogues who which to eat you and our Chief!”
   “Uhh… you know, we can… hear you…” said Divebomb, awkwardly.
   “They are NOT forest rogues!” shouted Saria. “They are heroes! And another thing; don’t you think I’d know if I were followed?! You question my intelligence?!”
   “No! No! Forgive me, Princess!” said the Bulborb.
   “Heroes, huh?” said the other Bulborb. “What business do they have near you and our Chief?”
   “They have agreed to heal him,” said Saria.
   “Whoa, now!” said Gallon. “We specifically said--”
   “Please come this way,” said Saria, bringing Lockjaw and his friends closer to the ailing Bulborb. Lockjaw walked around him and examined him, and noticed he was drooling.
   “Uhh… what was the last thing he did before getting sick?” asked Lockjaw.
   “Well, we found him collapsed over by a weird puddle,” said one of the fanning Bulborbs.
   “What was weird about the puddle?” asked Gallon.
   “Well, it had strange, swirly water, and there were two orbs floating in it,” answered the Bulborb.
   “Could you take us to this puddle?” asked Lockjaw. The two Bulborbs then escorted Lockjaw over to a deep hole in the ground where the weird water was. While at the puddle, Lockjaw tripped, accidentally spilling some spores into the puddle. The puddle then sizzled, made a groaning noise and began to move.
   “I think there might be something in this water!” said Lockjaw. “We’ll handle it from here!”
   “Good idea! We’ll go guard the Princess!” said the Bulborbs. They then ran back to where Saria and the Chief were.
   The puddle then rose completely out of the hole and started crawling toward Lockjaw and his friends.
   “What is that thing?!” shouted Gallon, horrified.
   “What's your problem, huh?! You never see a Goolix before!?” the swirling mass of liquid shouted.
   “It can talk?!” said Divebomb surprised.
   “Oh, so now I’m brainless now, huh?! Not supposed to know how to talk?!” roared the Goolix. “Y’know, you’re probably that same guy from a while back who tried drinking me! I don’t take kindly to things who try drinking me! You guys are going down!”
   “We’ll see about that!” said Lockjaw as he and his friends braced themselves for the battle.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »

Lockjaw started by ramming into the Goolix. Lockjaw passed right through the Goolix’s watery membrane, not damaging it at all. He then tried ramming straight through the Goolix again, and this time, it trapped him right inside its body.
   “Lockjaw! Hang on, I’ll get you out!” said Divebomb. Divebomb then stuck his arms inside the Goolix and was absorbed into its body alongside Lockjaw. Lockjaw and Divebomb were pushing up against the Goolix’s body, trying to get out before they drown.
   “Don’t worry, guys! I’m coming in for you!” said Gallon. Gallon quickly headbutted his way into the Goolix, pushing Lockjaw and Divebomb out in the process. Gallon then noticed the blue nucleus floating inside the Goolix and began attacking it.
   “Grrr! Hey! Get out of me!” shouted the Goolix, thrashing around wildly.
   “Hey, everyone! Its weak spot is that blue ball inside it!” said Lockjaw, noticing Gallon attacking it. “Let’s get it!”
   Divebomb threw a bomb rock into the Goolix, which sunk deep into its body. After a few seconds, it blew up, damaging the Goolix’s nucleus and Gallon. The Goolix then forcefully ejected Gallon from its body and flung him a far distance.
   “Gallon, are you okay?” asked Lockjaw as Gallon weakly came crawling back.
   “I’m fine,” answered Gallon. “Hey, it’s made of water, right?”
   “Yeah, why?” asked Lockjaw. Gallon then whispered a plan to the others. After they finished huddling, Divebomb picked up Amp and tossed her into the center of the Goolix. Amp then charged up and harshly damaged the Goolix’s two nuclei. It then quickly ejected Amp, but Divebomb caught her before she went out too far.
   The Goolix then started hurling globs of itself at Lockjaw and the others. While Lockjaw, Gallon, and Divebomb took damage, Amp had found herself drowning inside a glob.
   “Help! Help!” she gurgled. Divebomb then quickly pulled her out and picked her up again, and tried throwing her into the Goolix. The Goolix quickly dodged, and Amp had fallen on her back. The Goolix then took the opportunity to do lots of damage to Amp by hurling its globs at her. She was left harshly weakened and lying on the ground.
   “Divebomb, get Amp out of here!” said Lockjaw. “Gallon, go inside the Goolix with me!” Lockjaw and Gallon then rushed into the Goolix while Divebomb carried Amp off to a safe distance. Once inside the Goolix, Lockjaw repeatedly rammed the Goolix’s blue nucleus while Gallon bit at the yellow one, getting the Goolix’s membrane in his mouth in the process. Damaging the yellow nucleus caused Lockjaw and Gallon to be ejected from the Goolix.
   “Ooh… Lockjaw… I don’t feel too good…” said Gallon, staggering around, nauseously.
   “Divebomb, try to blast away its nuclei!” said Lockjaw. Divebomb then made three bomb rocks in quick succession, and threw them all into the Goolix. The three bomb rocks then exploded and caused lots more damage to the Goolix.
   “Aaraagh! You leave me no choice!” said the Goolix. The Goolix then jiggled around a bit, and made a duplicate of itself. Both Goolixes then split in two, leaving Lockjaw, Gallon, and Divebomb to deal with four slightly smaller Goolixes.
   “Divebomb, try to take them out one at a time!” said Lockjaw. Divebomb then nodded and flew off above a Goolix and threw three bomb rocks inside it. The explosion was powerful enough that it caused it to evaporate.
   Lockjaw was fighting another Goolix, ramming at its blue nuclei and then its yellow nuclei to escape. After awhile, Gallon’s nausea wore off and he plunged into another Goolix. After several cycles of attacking and being ejected from the Goolix he was fighting, Lockjaw defeated it and it melted into the ground. He then plunged into the Goolix which held Gallon and helped him attack it.
   Meanwhile, Divebomb was about to throw a bomb rock into the other of the two remaining Goolixes when it reached into the air and absorbed him, with the bomb rock still in his hands. The explosion hurt both the Goolix and Divebomb.
   Lockjaw then looked over to Divebomb’s Goolix. “Gallon, get Divebomb out of there before he drowns!” Lockjaw’s voice gurgled. Gallon then ejected himself and Lockjaw from the Goolix they were in, and Gallon went over to eject Divebomb from the other Goolix. After being ejected, Divebomb felt nauseous and began staggering. Gallon then went back over to the previous Goolix as he and Lockjaw began fiercely attacking its blue nucleus. After suffering long enough, the Goolix finally melted into the ground.
   “There’s only one more to go!” said Gallon. He and Lockjaw then ran over to the final Goolix. The Goolix began throwing its globs at them. Gallon managed to dodge, but Lockjaw was hit hard and was stunned with nausea. Divebomb then recuperated from his own nausea and went over to help Gallon.
   “You distract it! I’ll finish it off!” instructed Divebomb. Gallon then ran circles around the Goolix while Divebomb hovered over it. Gallon was hit with some globs a few times, but managed to keep running. While Gallon was running, Divebomb managed to drop three bomb rocks into its body. After the first and second ones had went off, the Goolix noticed Divebomb hovering above it. It reached up to engulf Divebomb, but moved too slowly and the third bomb rock exploded inside it, evaporating it.
   “We beat them all!” cheered Gallon. “Let’s go get Lockjaw!” They then ran over to Lockjaw, who had just snapped out of his sickness.
   “They’re all gone? Well, let’s go back to the princess!” said Lockjaw as he, Gallon, and Divebomb went back to where Saria and her father were. Divebomb stopped to  pick Amp up and carried her along the way.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 04:21:50 PM »

Lockjaw and the others had arrived back at where Saria and the two Bulborbs were tending to the Chief.
   “What happened back there?” asked Saria, walking up to Lockjaw. “All of a sudden, the guards were screaming and were running back to here!”
   “There was this big blob that attacked us,” said Lockjaw. “Before attacking, it said something about someone drinking it…”
   “The puddle… attacked you?” asked Saria in disbelief. “The puddle which my father drank from… was alive?”
   “Yeah,” said Gallon. “It’s probably the reason he got sick.”
   “Well, where’s the puddle now?” asked Saria.
   “Don’t worry,” said Lockjaw. “We soundly defeated it.”
   Saria then turned to her two bodyguards. “You couldn’t even protect me from a puddle?” she scoffed. “Some guards you are!”
   “Forgive us, Princess,” said one of the Bulborbs. “We were… uh, what’s the word I’m looking for?”
   “Scared?” answered the other Bulborb.
   “Yeah, that’s right,” said the first Bulborb. “But I guess everything is fine now, since the heroes you found defeated it anyways!”
   “You two consider yourselves lucky I don’t banish you here you and make these four my bodyguards!” said Saria.
   “Yes, Princess… so sorry…” whimpered the Bulborbs. Saria then turned back to Lockjaw.
   “Have you found a way to heal my father, perchance?” she asked.
   “Well, I might be on to something,” began Lockjaw. “When I tripped and dropped spores onto the puddle, it sizzled, and looked like it was in pain. Maybe if you give some of these spores to your father, he’ll get better!”
   “Spores? Preposterous!” said one of the bodyguard Bulborbs. “You can’t just shove spores down the Chief’s throat!”
   “Quiet, you!” snapped Saria. “You’ve said enough for today, which was much more than you’ve done…” Saria then turned back to Lockjaw, who then gave her the pouch of spores.
   “Just try pouring a little down his throat,” said Lockjaw. Saria then carefully raised the bag over the mouth of the Chief and poured some spores into his mouth. She then tilted his head back so he could swallow. She then gave the pouch back to Lockjaw.
   “Oh, please work…” she said to herself. After a few tense seconds of waiting for something to happen, the Chief started coughing violently. He coughed out a fairly large glob, which then melted into the ground. He then opened his eyes slowly.
   “Wha… where am I?” said the disoriented Chief.
   “Chief, you’re awake! Thank goodness!” said one of the Bulborbs, rushing over to him.
   “Where am I? How did I get over here?” asked the Chief.
   “Don’t you remember, Father?” said Saria. “You drank from a strange puddle and had fallen ill.”
   “Well, the water looked normal…” said the Chief. “What was wrong with it?”
   “It was actually a monster that attacked us,” said Lockjaw, stepping up to the Chief.
   “…And who are you four?” asked the Chief.
   “Father, their names are Lockjaw, Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb. They’re the ones who defeated the monster and cured you,” said Saria.
   “Really, now? It was you who cured me?” said the Chief, turning to Lockjaw and his group.
   “It was nothing…” said Lockjaw, modestly.
   “It was NOT nothing. You two may have just saved the welfare of my village, not to mention my life,” said the Chief. “Come back to the village with us; I shall have a large meal prepared for you as a reward.”
   “Large meal? We’re there!” said Lockjaw as he and his friends followed Saria, the Chief, and the bodyguards out of the Forest Navel.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 10:33:57 PM »

The Chief, Saria, and the two bodyguards had led Lockjaw and the others down through a Crawmad hole into the Crawmad Railroad.
   “You know about the Crawmad Railroad, too?” Lockjaw asked the Chief.
   “Of course,” said the Chief. “It leads right into our village. It’s how we were able to stay peaceful and secluded for all these years.”
   “All, these years?” asked Gallon. “How long has this single village been branched off the vast Bulborb empire?”
   “It’s been about five generations now,” said the Chief. The Chief then led Lockjaw and the others down a tunnel that led to the village. The village’s ground was coated with snow, yet the temperature didn’t seem too cold at all. On the ground were small, red leaves sprouting up here and there. There were also holes in the ground which led to burrows where the residents lived.
   The village watchman, who was standing at the entrance to the village, couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the Chief stroll back into the village, perfectly healthy.
   “Chief! You’re alive!” said the Bulborb watchman. “You were gone so long, everyone had started to think you were dead! I’m glad those rumors aren’t true!”
   “Yes, I’m fine,” said the Chief. “Though, I owe it all to these four heroes behind me. They’re the ones who cured my sickness!”
   “Hold on, Chief, I’ll be right back,” said the watchman. The watchman then ran through the town, announcing the return of the Chief. All the Snow Bulborbs then left their burrows and congregated at the village entrance, and were ecstatic over the Chief’s safe return.
   “Yes, yes, I’m alive, everyone,” the Chief said over the small crowd. “Although I didn’t just get up and walk away from my sickness. These are the four heroes are who protected me and my daughter,” he said, looking at Lockjaw and his friends. Lockjaw just looked around awkwardly.
   “Well, don’t just stand there! Introduce yourselves!” said the Chief.
   “We want to know the names of the heroes!” shouted some Bulborbs in the crowd. Lockjaw and his friends then stepped up in front of the crowd, and began introducing themselves.
   “Hello… all of you…” said Lockjaw, nervously. “I’m… Lockjaw.”
   “My name’s Gallon!” said Gallon, enthusiastically.
   “Hee hee! I’m Amp!” giggled Amp.
   “And… I guess my name’s Divebomb… I mean, I KNOW my name’s Divebomb, but... uh, nevermind…” said Divebomb as he turned back around, embarrassed. The crowd then cheered for the four heroes of the village.
   “Come with me,” said the Chief to Lockjaw and his friends. “You’ll stay in the guest chambers, and the meal will be prepared when you awaken.” Lockjaw then followed the Chief and Saria through the crowd to the luxurious royal guest burrows, where they slept for the night.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 09:06:16 AM »

Lockjaw, Gallon, Amp, and Divebomb had spent the night in the separate guest burrows, and had slept soundly through the night. Lockjaw had been the first to awaken, awakening to the sound of Saria’s voice.
   “Pardon me, Lockjaw…” she said softly as Lockjaw slowly woke up. “You and your friends’ meal is ready.”
   “Alright, I’ll get everyone together and we’ll be right up,” said Lockjaw. Lockjaw then went down the other guest burrows and woke up his friends. They each then hurried up to the surface of the village to see the large breakfast waiting for them. There was a large helping of fruits, Sheargrubs, Pellets, leaves, grasses, and nectar. Lockjaw and his friends eagerly ate all of the food prepared for them, and finished up the entire breakfast. Divebomb put a little in his bag for later.
   “Well, I’m glad you liked the meal,” said the Chief, walking up to them.
   “Yeah! It was delicious!” said Gallon.
   “It’s the least I can do for you heroes,” said the Chief. “So, where will you four go now?”
   “I guess we can stay here for today,” said Lockjaw. “This place is kinda nice!”
   “Well, as long as you’re staying… could you do me a favor?” asked the Chief.
   “Uh, okay, sure,” answered Divebomb. “What’s the favor?”
   “I borrowed something from a resident of the village named Heeb,” said the Chief. “Could you possibly return it to him for me?”
   “Is that it? Of course!” said Gallon. The Chief then led Lockjaw and his friends to his royal burrows, where he gave them a rolled up leaf record.
   “I had borrowed this record from Heeb, the information hoarder,” said the Chief. “Now that I’m finished reading it, could you return it to him?”
   “Well, where does he live?” asked Lockjaw.
   “Don’t worry, Saria will escort you to his burrow,” said the Chief. Lockjaw and the others left the Chief’s burrow and had seen Saria at the surface waiting for them.
   “My father told me about the errand. Just follow me and we’ll be there shortly,” said Saria. Saria then lead them to a burrow not too far from the Chief’s own. They went down it and saw lots of leaf records piled up on top of each other, with Heeb sleeping in the center.
   “Heeb… wake up, please,” said Saria. Heeb then promptly woke up and faced the group.
   “I can’t believe I almost slept through a royal visit!” said Heeb, rushing over to Saria. “I’ve just been up all night reading and reading and reading… sometimes I just sleep in.”
   “You remind me of my Daddy!” squealed Amp. “He used to do that, too!”
   “Oh… hello, heroes,” said Heeb formally, noticing Lockjaw and his friends. “What brings you here to my info stockpile?”
   “We’re just here to return the record the Chief borrowed from you,” said Gallon. Lockjaw then gave Heeb the record he had, and Heeb threw it randomly onto a stack of records.
   “Well, we’d best be leaving you with your information, Heeb,” said Saria. “I’m sure you have a lot of… sleeping to catch up on.”
   “Wait; hold on…” said Lockjaw, turning back to Heeb. “You have a lot of info about various stuff, right?” he asked.
   “Just look around… It’s all info!” replied Heeb.
   “Well,” started Lockjaw. “Could you tell us about… the Puffstool Garden?”

reefhead

• Banned
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »
I haven't read it all,but it seems to be a excellent story.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:43:32 PM by reefhead »
When it's reppin' time... DIPSET

reefhead

• Banned
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2007, 05:30:33 PM »
Area 64, it has been two days and not a new post, i am anxious to hear more about this story.
When it's reppin' time... DIPSET

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »
Really? Well, I'll get to work on another installment right away! (I was playing MKDS.)

Print