Print

Author Topic: Fungi High  (Read 119480 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #495 on: December 02, 2006, 03:40:15 PM »
NOTICE: The new chapters of Fungi High will involve various crude humor, drug references, mild sexual situations, and some language. I thought if I took these out, it would take away from the whole climate of the new Fungi High.

This is part two of Ted's Sophomore year. You are entered a deeper and darker tale of Ted. He has changed very much, probably for the worse, but the way I see it, this will make you root for him to change back to a cheery, normal goody-two-shoes. This first chapter doesn't involve many of the usual characters, it just deals with Ted's changes. Please enjoy.

Chapter One: Changed

A vast majority of the students used study hall to their advantage, burning their pencils away on homework, essays, worksheets, and the occasional report. Fungi High School was known for its hard workers, and high grades. These teenagers, who wrote until their fingers were numb, sat mostly to the front of the classroom. These were the geniuses, nerds, the dorks, the geeks, the stressed kids whose parents would flip without a perfect GPA, or the normies who simply just wanted a decent report card.

In the middle of the study hall room, there was a cluster of another breed. It was a flock of confident preps, jocks, and other popular boys and girls who had faces of pleasant symmetry and bodies of perfection. They were usually found throwing various objects at the students in the front of the classroom, text messaging on nice cell phones, discussing sports events, or listening to their favorite rap or country groups. Most wondered how these airheads got decent grades; probably rich parents bribing the teachers.

Study hall wasn?t just for grade "A" students and preps. towards the back of the classroom sat the students who weren?t working on their homework; the ones who mostly didn?t care about the institution known as high school. It was a mixed nut variety of rebels, stoners, outcasts, rejects, goths, punks, scene kids, and flat-out jokes.

One depressed young man from the back of the room, was slumped over his desk. His shaggy brown hair hung over his eyes, which were red and glossy from drug experimentation. He wore an old tattered Smashing Pumpkins tee shirt, and a gray flannel shirt, that hung over his callused fingers. They were bloody and batched from the hours and hours he spent on his guitar. His studded belt held up his baggy, ripped up blue jeans, which hung over two black converses.

"Ted," shouted the overweight teacher from the front of the room, "this isn't naptime!"

"Go to hell, I'm not sleeping."

"If I'm going to hell, then you?re going to the office" the teacher screeched.

Ted chuckled and stood up from his slumped position on the desk. He exchanged looks with Thrasher, who was on the other side of the room. Thrasher gave him the "rock on" hand gesture as he coolly slid out of the room.

He walked through the empty halls. Yes, he knew that he was a changed man. Earlier this year, he was a good little boy, but he had been morphed by personal experience; very bad personal experiences. He passed Lou E. G. Simpson in the hall. Lou looked away sadly. He couldn?t accept the new, more anarchistic Ted, who fed on rebellion. Ted rolled his eyes and moved on, he was who he wanted to be, and he had reason to be so abnormal. It was very bad personal experiences.

Ted didn?t go to the office, he just went off and spent a little while outside, throwing rocks at various cars that would pass by the school. It was better than a lecture from Principal Deezer. He was going to skip the next period anyway, so the way he saw it, this just added more free time for him.

After a few more minutes of jolly rock-throwing, he felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Lou. Ted raised an eyebrow. This kid hadn't talked to him for a long time.

"What made you change?"

« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 03:42:35 PM by Hyrulian »
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #496 on: December 02, 2006, 04:11:47 PM »
Wow. Was it the pudding? Or the kabobs?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #497 on: December 02, 2006, 04:21:56 PM »
The whole FF is like "What The Sushie?" This is way too diffrent, but I like it!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 04:24:34 PM by SushieBoy »
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #498 on: December 02, 2006, 05:59:35 PM »
Congratulations.

You have captured my character perfectly. Have a cookie. :)

Anyway, it's good that Ted is Thrasher's friend again, but... then again, it may be not so good (and Lou isn't his friend anymore? D:<). I wonder what happened to Patricia Peach? :O
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #499 on: December 02, 2006, 06:25:20 PM »
Hmm, an intresting change, I'll be looking forward to the rest! *Hopes his character comes back in the next part*
I'm a horrible person.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2006, 08:23:18 PM »
Hmmmm, yes, Patricia, what ever happened to her, but most importantly, what happened to me?? I'm not sure if all the more mature details will be allowed.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #501 on: December 02, 2006, 09:58:55 PM »
Yeah, I wonder what happened to my character?  How wasted he must be right now.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2006, 10:01:24 PM »
Great to have you back, Hyrulian.

Great to have this story back In the Light as well. I had almost forgot about it, but it would occasionally pop back into my head. I've read it, and I have to say, it has captured my interest once again. I very much anticipate the next installment. Still, welcome back to the Fungi Forums!
Did you catch the Zeppelin referrence, and this spoiler tag?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2006, 11:22:01 PM »
Hmmmm, Can I have a hint?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #504 on: December 02, 2006, 11:31:21 PM »
"In the light" was the Zeppelin ref.

Well, next chapter, everything will be revealed; how everyone's characters are doing, why Ted has changed, etc.

Sorry for the sudden darkness of the story, I felt like blowing some minds.

« Reply #505 on: December 03, 2006, 09:50:26 AM »
Wow is all I can say. Ted has really changed. Oh yeah: Welcome back Hyrulian! I'm still shocked that the drugged up one is Ted.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Jman

• Score
« Reply #506 on: December 03, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »
Yeah, it's amazing how a character can change on a dime.  Like in "Revenge of Luigi" where Luigi goes from being "just the other Mario brother" to the main man.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #507 on: December 03, 2006, 07:14:47 PM »
Yeah, or like a simple trunk of wood can transform into the paper you use to clean yourself. (unless, if someone does it for you)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #508 on: December 27, 2006, 12:56:17 AM »
Chapter Two: Explained

During a long silence, rain started to trickle on the high school as a large dark cloud slowly passed over head. Ted looked at Lou quizzically.

?Well, I changed for lots of reasons. Do you know a girl by the name of Patricia Peach??

?Duh,? Lou snarled, ?you always used to talk about her when you weren?t a [darn] pothead.?

?Hey,? Ted hushed, ?not cool. Anyway, Patricia left me for some preppy dreamboat.?

?Is that when you started changing,? Lou asked.

?Not even,? Ted replied, ?I was just a bit depressed. It would take a lot more to put me in the state I am now. A few weeks later, I left for the finals for wrestling. I had a smile on my face and high expectations in my mind. I was crushed in the first round, and lost my dreams of competitive sports in general.?

?Is that when you went bananas,? Lou questioned.

?Bananas,? Ted laughed, ?that?s what you?re calling it. Go through what I have, and you wouldn?t be calling it that. And to answer your question, I?m going to say no. I was still a slightly jolly kid, still hanging out with you, still getting decent grades, and still staying out of trouble. It wasn?t until I walked into my Mom passed out in her bedroom, face collapsed in fine lines of cocaine, when I started really losing my mind.?

?Ouch.?

?Ouch indeed, amigo,? Ted chuckled.

?I?m not your amigo,? Lou choked.

?Yes I know you?re not. You disowned me when you found out about my dirty little secret,? Ted exploded.

?I don?t associate with those who ruin their lives,? Lou replied hotly.

?BACK TO THE STORY,? Ted shouted, ?I started losing my focus in school, I started listening to heavier music, I started dressing in drab dark clothes, I started experimenting with narcotics, blah, blah, blah. And it?s all because of this stress I was having. Trust me I really want to be your friend, and I?ll stop doing bad things, if you really want me to. It?s just all so??

?Want one??

?You interrupted my heartfelt story! How dare you! Wait, want one what??

Lou was holding out a kabob to Ted. Ted stared at it, as the rain fell on their foreheads. Lou?s face was hard to read, but it looked like he was serious. Ted?s face split into an ear to ear smile.

?Would I give up a kabob from you??

The two ate kabobs for a while and then ran inside, rain pounding to the ground. Ted and Lou might end up friends again.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #509 on: December 27, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »
NOTICE: Ignore the numerous question marks in the post above; they should be punctuation marks, and I have no idea why they changed.

Also ignore the fact that this is a double post.

Print