Print

Author Topic: Ever wanted to make a Mario game?  (Read 28708 times)

« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2003, 02:24:37 PM »
Cool.  Can you forward them to me when you get them?

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2003, 07:38:09 PM »
Hey guys! I just finished Luigi! I'll email his sprites. :)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2003, 07:39:05 PM »
Cool!  I can't wait!

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2003, 09:10:26 PM »
You can use these MarioRPG GIFs if you want.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2003, 09:15:31 PM »
Sorry, I forgot that geocities doesn't allow deep linking.  You may be able to see the above gifs by rightclicking on them and selecting 'show picture'.  Or, you can view them at my site below.

http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/MarioRPG/mariorpggifs.htm

Edited by - Luigison on 6/7/2003 8:17:09 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2003, 09:35:06 PM »
Thanks, but Mario Master said they have to be north-south-east-west format.  I already offered SMRPG sprites, but they're at an angle.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2003, 09:36:47 PM »
Hey, I just finished a sprite sheet for Toad that will work in RPG Maker.  It came from Paper Mario though, and it looks a little wraunchy.  However, it was my first attempt at a character set.  If it would help anyone, I can send it to you.

« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2003, 09:38:38 PM »
And I also have a sprite sheet of Mario (SMRPG style) that will also work in the RPGMaker.  Again I will send it if anyone can use it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2003, 09:40:53 PM »
Check out http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/MarioRPG/mariorpggifs.htm

They are all eight direction, including North, South, East, and West like he wanted.  As well as, NE, NW, SE, SW.  Even in standing and running forms.  I used them in my MarioRPG game I started in DarkBASIC.  If he doesn't want them it fine, I am just trying to help.

What programing language is he using?

Luigison

• Old Person™

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2003, 09:53:45 PM »
He's using RPG Maker 2003. Oh yeah, I know that SMRPG comes in N-S-E-W format, too, but only Mario faces in all those directions. All the others are only angled, except for the heroes having front shots.

Thanks for trying to help, though. *I* appreciate it.

I've already done a few sprite sheets for the characters, and I'm trying to keep 'em consistant to that style. It's in the style of the different SMA games--combined uniquely.

--------------------

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2003, 10:05:25 PM »
I see now.  I had the same problem with the game I started.  Anyway, if there is anything I can help with let me know.

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2003, 08:48:44 AM »
Hey all.  Just got the Luigi sprites into the game, so we're well on our way!  I'm gonna be here all day, so if anybody needs me, I'll be here!  BTW, who was our midi guy again?

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2003, 09:39:32 AM »
it shouldnt be too hard to remember his name...its Maestro....heh heh

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2003, 09:50:42 AM »
Ya, that's right.  Sorry Maestro.

Print