Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Fans: Discriminated or Truth!?  (Read 9093 times)

n/a

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 04:17:51 PM »
I am in the 8th grade and i get what Roy Koopa described fairly often. Not that i care, because the large number of people who are absolutely fascinated with Xbox and this "Halo" thing (they even go around reading some kind of stupid series of books about it... 0_o)aren't my friends, so i don't care, really... but yes, i do get discriminated against quite a bit; i envy those who can dress up as Mario and not get thrown in a trash bin or something.

Edited by - Deezer on 1/12/2004 5:12:44 PM

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 06:56:35 PM »
I used to get made fun of more... but I guess it's different now that I'm in high school. And no one that has the strength to throw me in a trash bin has the will anymore, and no one with the will has the strength. You just have to kind of be like Mario, I guess, as in... be liked by almost everyone you meet (or at least be more in favor than not) to exist in a state of flawlessness no matter what you choose to show interest in.

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 10:44:55 PM »
I honestly don't care what other people think about Mario. All that matters is what I like.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 07:38:15 AM »
That's the spirit! Don't ever conform! = D

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 05:02:17 PM »
No. I don't get discriminated against because I like Mario. I don't see what all the hype is about new consoles. I'll stick with my SNES and many Mario games.
-----------------------------
Only dead fish swim with the stream.

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 06:01:15 PM »
Well, I do once in a while....  People don't even care about gamecube at all over here...  Maybe a couple of People but not much...  Everyone knows I'm a Mario Fan and they all know who Mario is so nothing to worry about....  I'd be surprised if their was a person in my class (besides me of course) with a Super Nintedo.  My school really loves Nintedo don't they.  ;)

A Bob-Ombs Life Is Short And Explosive.

Edited by - DOUBLE DASH!!! on 1/19/2004 4:02:36 PM
I like jumping through pictures, vaccuuming ghosts and running around squirting stuff with a water pump.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2004, 03:38:07 AM »
I was wondering lately...
Who here discusses Super Mario related stuff outside these boards and in real life with a group of everyday friends?

Being one of the really few fans, if not hardcore, in my location, such a thing is extremely hard for me...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2004, 11:53:47 AM »
I do it plenty, but go to a very game-centric school, so mine is not the standard case.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2004, 08:26:55 PM »
First of all, I do not have a group of everyday friends. The one friend I do have likes games as well, and she's better than me at most of them, to boot.
I find myself talking to other acquaintances about games semi-frequently. And one day, a guy in the orchestra I'm in was wearing a 1337 LoZ shirt.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2004, 02:47:06 PM »
Nerrr.....
I never even heard of Mario being for babies until I came to this site.  That NEVER EVER came up EVER in my town.

Then again, I don't talk about it in front of people, and I am pretty popular at school, and I have better things to talk about like sports and parties (yes the good kind).

So in conclusion, I'm not discriminated, but I'm not a huge fan either, so ya.

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2004, 02:47:09 PM »
Nerrr.....
I never even heard of Mario being for babies until I came to this site.  That NEVER EVER came up EVER in my town.

Then again, I don't talk about it in front of people, and I am pretty popular at school, and I have better things to talk about like sports and parties (yes the good kind).

So in conclusion, I'm not discriminated, but I'm not a huge fan either, so ya.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2004, 02:49:42 PM »
     One time I wore a SMB shirt to school (I'm in the ninth grade)and this older guy said "Super Mario Brothers?" to me in a condescending tone, but that's about it.

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2004, 05:26:58 PM »
I don't believe anyone has ever teased me for liking Mario. Of course, It's not like I talk about it every day or anything.

I have seen a kid who sometimes wears a Super Mario shirt in my high school, though.

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2004, 06:28:27 PM »
Everyone likes Mario in my school.

The other day, I went to a sort of talent show/popularity contest at my school which we do every year. Twenty guys compete in various performances to be named king of the high school. In one such performance, each guy had to give a rose to their girl in a unique way. One guy had someone dressed as Mario come onstage to the SMB music, and he hit a ?-Block with a rose in it. It was classic, everyone loved it.

"There''s only one thing to do at a time like this- STRUT!"- Bart Simpson
This is a secret coded message.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2004, 07:30:11 PM »
People I know think I'm obsessed with Mario because I have a few Mario video games.  Even thought Mario rocks, I'm not obsessed.  I don't go around talking about it, or anything major.  I like the games a lot, but "obsessed" isn't the right word.  And if people tease you for liking Mario, then either ignore them, or hug them, because either way they'll learn to stop bugging you about it.

''Are spirits delicious?''
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print