Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 143576 times)

« Reply #495 on: April 23, 2007, 11:04:50 PM »
Did I just cause piracy?

/facepalm

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #496 on: April 24, 2007, 12:05:13 AM »
YA LD THERE'S  $35 DOWN TEH DRAIN LOLOLOLOOOOOOOOO
...For Nintendo. Forgive me, Great Iwata! It's worth your while, now I can buy Wii games instead that I wouldn't be able to afford! I swears it!!
Yeah, sorry everyone. At least I'm not playing it on a disgraceful, underdeveloped emulator...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
I plan on buying Diamond next time I have $35 and there isn't a copy of Tetris DS at whatever store I happen to be at...then I'll taunt my younger brother with it by hooking my DS to the speakers in my room...fun times.

« Reply #498 on: May 01, 2007, 06:47:58 PM »
OK, can someone please recommend me some Pokemon I can add to my team? So far the team consists of:

Lv 28 Prinplup
Lv 25 Staravia
Lv 23 Luxio
Lv 21 Budew
Lv 20 Shellos
Lv 19 Pachirisu

I don't think Shellos will be with my team permanantly since I already have a water type and I'm probably gonna drop Pachirisu as soon as I run across a good Psychic or Dark type and a fire type Pokemon. I have a Ponyta and an Alakazam but I really like sticking to strictly new Pokemon instead of falling back on those I'm already familiar with. But considering how relatively few Fire types there are in the series, I may have no other choice.

Also, I need to find a Sun Stone to evolve my Budew. I was extremely frustrated raising him all the way to Lv 21 and he still did not evolve. I'm tempted to teach him Bullet Seed (which worked well with my Shiftry) or Grass Knot since he can't use Absorb all the time.

EDIT: Apparantly, Budew doesn't evolve with a Sun Stone, he just has to really like me. Guess it's massages and Poffin time.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 07:01:31 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #499 on: May 02, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »
There's, like, no new Fire-types! (not counting the starter, of course)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #500 on: May 02, 2007, 07:01:28 PM »
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #501 on: May 02, 2007, 07:17:43 PM »
So, I got Pokémon Pearl Today.

Pokémon soon to come.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #502 on: May 03, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »
I'll have Diamond as soon as my mother gets home from picking up my younger brother (15-30 minutes). Unfortunately, I still have no way to play it online right now...

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #503 on: May 03, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »
Well, I think it's time I showed off my Pokémon (I hope Suffix doesn't come in here and ruin my glory!)

Lvl. 51 Torterra
Crunch, Earthquake, Grass Knot, Razor Leaf

Lvl. 45 Luxray
Spark, Shock Wave, Thunder Fang, Crunch

Lvl. 47 Dialga
Metal Claw, AncientPower, Dragon Claw, Roar of Time

Lvl. 43 Staraptor
Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Steel Wing, Fly

Lvl. 43 Floatzel
Crunch, Swift, Waterfall, Surf

Lvl. 28 Bibarel
Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Cut (he's my HM Pokémon).

And there you have it. All of my pokemans. This has been Mr. Melee reporting live from Victory Road (yes, I'm on my way to the Indigo Plateau.)
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #504 on: May 03, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
I've been training off/on for the Elite Four since Sunday, or Saturday. I'm not going to ruin your glory until I actually beat them.

I had to have two "swiss army" Pokemon for Victory Road.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #505 on: May 03, 2007, 08:47:59 PM »
Suffix, are you afraid to use the phrase "HM slave," or what?

I'm definitely going to have to find a way to play online, or else I'll never gain Pal Park access...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #506 on: May 03, 2007, 10:16:50 PM »
Hmm, I've never heard that term before. Warp, you should note that you probably have to beat the Elite Four before you can visit Pal Park.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #507 on: May 04, 2007, 03:30:14 PM »
Suffix, the only requirement for Pal Park is seeing everything in the Sinnoh Dex, which can be done through trading...but yeah, I'll complete the game before I unlock Pal Park anyway because of the lack of trading ability, so...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #508 on: May 04, 2007, 03:36:43 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that. But then, where is Pal Park located? Isn't it on some strange island that requires you to beat the Elite Four to get a ticket to? Or am I grossly incompetent?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #509 on: May 04, 2007, 04:43:28 PM »
If I remember correctly, it's on Route 221.

At the rate I'm playing (inside the second gym right now), I may actually have WFC access before I get to the Elite Four, which means Pal Park before them (if someone will trade me the legendaries; temporarily, of course), which means (assuming items can be transferred)...*checks LeafGreen party*

Meowth lv56 (Everstone)
Charizard lv100 (Amulet Coin)
Dragonite lv69 (Leftovers)
Venusaur lv73 (Miracle Seed, but I'd probably change it out for an EXP Share)
Mewtwo lv82 (Amulet Coin, but probably also switch for my other EXP Share)
Zapdos lv65 (Leftovers)

against the Elite Four. Actually, depending on what level my starter is at that point, I might not even need Venusaur (since all he has is Grass moves), which means I'd probably transfer something like Castform or Treecko (so I could get all three forms in the National Dex), or maybe even my Mudkip (with Everstone equipped, and the Amulet Coin on Charizard being replaced with an EXP Share).

I sure hope items are transferable.

Okay, so I have to defeat E4 before obtaining the National Dex because of how the Sinnoh Dex limits trading, and I know for a fact now that items are transferable via Pal Park, so...a Master Ball, two Exp. Shares, two Leftovers, and my LG party are all waiting for me when I finish the Sinnoh Dex.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:41:16 PM by WarpRattler »

Print