Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142907 times)

« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2006, 05:56:43 AM »
I was just saying I don't like some of the Pokemon, not the games. Of course, I don't like some of the R/B/Y ones (Mr.Mime, Venusaur), and also some of the R/S/E ones (Dusclops), so it's not just the G/S/C Pokemon.

w00t, 300th reply!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »
I'll totally have to rework my Top Six for Pokemon when Diamond and Pearl come out. T_T
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2006, 06:09:23 AM »
I have to say the most pointless Pokemon in Gold/Silver/Crystal is Dunsparse. I caught him, never used him, and he seems pointless. I can't say any more.

I am trying to save my money for the Wii, but at the same time, Nintendo is releasing details on new, awesome games. Now I have to semi-save up for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Blue Rescue Team), Yoshi's Island 2, Star Fox Assault and New Super Mario Bros. '-_-'

What level does Moltres learn Fire Blast, if it learns it at all?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2006, 07:54:27 AM »
It doesn't.

BTW, there's this really touching website made by a former teacher/Pokefan. Here it is.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 02:08:30 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2006, 07:37:51 PM »
Hey! I caught Rayquaza without a Master Ball! That's one Master Ball I haven't used!

« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2006, 08:31:54 PM »
Congratulations! Rayquaza was super-annoying to catch when I caught him in Emerald. However, Mewtwo is super-irritating, because it can recover and you shouldn't use the Master Ball on it.

A strategy for catching high-level legends in the 3rd gen games is to just let them get your starter down to less than 33% health, and use something like Rain Dance if you have a Water starter, Sunny Day if you have a Fire Starter, and, if they have Solarbeam, Sunny Day for the Grass starter as well. Then, use Surf/Flamethrower/Solarbeam (and be sure it's not super-effective). It will deal over 300 base damage. This is how I caught Mewtwo.

CURRENT EMERALD TEAM

Sceptile Lvl 38 (not used that often)
Gardevoir Lvl 38 (pwns the Gyms)
Absol Lvl 39 (Has deadly attack)
Ninjask Lvl 36 (Could use more training)
Mightyena Lvl 20 (Not for battling. HMs only)
Feebas Lvl 28 (It can OHKO a Level 14 Numel with Surf, hooray =D)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2006, 11:09:16 PM »
Erm, how did you catch Rayquaza with such a low level team? I had to get the majority of my people (minus Regice) to level 59+.

Gardevoir rules, though. Until you get to the Elite Four. You should consider adding a Machamp to your team.

« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2006, 12:48:43 AM »
I haven't looked at my Saphire game in a long time, and don't know where it is right now.  But I've been playing Leaf Green lately, and forgot how much I enjoyed these games.  Right now I've beaten the Elite 4 once, and I'm working through the Sevii Island puzzle to be able to trade with the other games.  My current team is just for getting through the story part of the game, not for anything too competetive

Snorlax (Lazybones) Lv 47
Dragonite (Drago) Lv 55
Raichu Lv 52
Lapras Lv 48
Farfetch'd (Ch'Ding) Lv 46
Venusaur (Mean Green) Lv 47

After I finish the story and beat the stronger Elite 4, I'm going to breed a better team, and train with EV's.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2006, 01:52:48 AM »
Erm, how did you catch Rayquaza with such a low level team? I had to get the majority of my people (minus Regice) to level 59+

That's my new team... hasn't even beaten Mossdeep yet. However, my old one was only around Lvl. 45 when I caught Rayquaza. Tentacruel's Ice Beam got a critical hit, and it almost KOed Rayquaza.

Also, I'm trying to think of a good sixth Pokemon (Mightyena is not for battling) and I can't trade (also, I dislike Fighting types). Any suggestions? I was thinking of adding something like Aggron.

« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2006, 05:18:13 PM »
I have played all of the major Pokemon games though it wasn't until I imported Leaf Green that I truly became a better player. I have actually pre-ordered the two newest games that are being released in Japan on September 28, 2006; Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2006, 06:05:58 PM »
Man, you people have some pretty generic teams. Okay, not really, but for my Ruby team I tried really hard to make it unique. I don't know if I succeeded, but:
Blaziken, Lv 74
Castform, Lv 34
Altaria, nicknamed Trogdor, Lv 49 (raised from a Lv 16 Swablu)
Weezing, Lv 36
Staryu, Lv 30
Heracross, Lv 27

Other ones I sometimes use:
Dusclops, nicknamed Armageddon, Lv 53
Magcargo, Lv 38
Shedinja, Lv 33
Chimecho, Lv 28 (this one took FOREVER to catch... and so far its moves are mostly useless)

And I also did not use a Master Ball on Rayquaza. I used Regice to freeze it and lower its HP and by some miracle I got it in an Ultra Ball. the Master Ball was used on Latios. Hmmm... I haven't played any form of Pokemon in a long time...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2006, 10:56:52 PM »
I'm totally making myself crazy by trying to catch Latios with a Ultra/Timer Ball. I recently calculated my odds of success to be less than 1/8 per Ultra Ball...

So! I'm developing a secret weapon: Smeargle! With Mean Look and Hypnosis, I will dominate! But I've got one problem. Smeargle isn't learning Sketch again, and I don't know why. So far, Irinek, or whateverhisnameis, only knows Mean Look. Anybody know why Sketch isn't coming back?

Also, does the "battle counter" rise every time I encounter Latios? In other words, will a Timer Ball work instantly? (eventually)?

« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2006, 12:38:15 AM »
I'm totally making myself crazy by trying to catch Latios with a Ultra/Timer Ball. I recently calculated my odds of success to be less than 1/8 per Ultra Ball...

So! I'm developing a secret weapon: Smeargle! With Mean Look and Hypnosis, I will dominate! But I've got one problem. Smeargle isn't learning Sketch again, and I don't know why. So far, Irinek, or whateverhisnameis, only knows Mean Look. Anybody know why Sketch isn't coming back?

Also, does the "battle counter" rise every time I encounter Latios? In other words, will a Timer Ball work instantly? (eventually)?

Smeargle learns Sketch every ten levels, so you either have to level him up ten levels or go to the Move Maniac in Fallarbor. imo, the best combo is Belly Drum/Baton Pass/Spore/Extremespeed. I wouldn't use Hypnosis, because it can get Spore instead. Also, for the cheap, you can use Mean Look/Mind Reader/Sheer Cold/Spore.

The Latios problem: I don't think so. I caught Latios with a high level Wobbuffet. I kept Mirror-Coating, then, eventually, sent out a Rayquaza and got it in.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a type not covered by my current team?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2006, 02:16:44 AM »
You have no electric Pokèmon, looney! Neither do I, but Weezing and Staryu have Thunder, and Castform has Thunderbolt. Lanturn is a great choice, the Water-Electric combo is pure excellence.
Also, if ever you want a better starter than the ones provided, I know the perfect way to trade one... eggs. Trade an egg, hatch it, and raise it as if you got it from the Professor. Grr... now I wish I had Sapphire with which to do this. I had it, but know not where the cartridge went.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2006, 02:31:55 AM »
I don't really need an Electric Pokemon... Gardevoir and Feebas both have Electric moves (Thunderbolt and HP Electric)... and I have a DS, so trading is out of the question. Otherwise, my final Poke would be a Blaziken for sure. I considered Heracross, but I already have an above-average physical sweeper (Absol is t3h pwnz0rz). I was thinking to make it an Endure/Reversaller, which was what I would've made Blaziken.

Print