Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142930 times)

« Reply #480 on: April 08, 2007, 08:39:31 AM »
Er, are you spamming your own topic?

Besides, it's buckethand.

I was referencing the reference.

Quote from: Pokemon peoples
A game with MARIO wearing a bucket on his head!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #481 on: April 08, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »
It's kind of hard to sense that with no other indication. >_>

« Reply #482 on: April 11, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »
Sorry. ^^;
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #483 on: April 18, 2007, 06:45:43 AM »
Possibly, but were there ever Cubes?
Yes.  In the R/S/E games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #484 on: April 19, 2007, 08:35:03 PM »
Yeah, the player has got a Wii. I downloaded the Japanese ROM to check... and MAN, the player selections are even more hideous than in R/S/E. The ONLY video game character authorized to have an enormous head, a big obnoxious helmet, and a Wii... is 9-Volt. The environment is in 3-D, though... But I am not going to buy the game (or download the US version. ;P).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #485 on: April 20, 2007, 01:42:30 PM »
Why not? I'll get one of them, at least.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #486 on: April 20, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
I've stated before... it's just not fun anymore. It's always the same. You're a person. You get a first Pokemon. You use it and make it super-powerful, all the while catching new ones. You fight people using them. You fight gym leaders using them. But there's this team of evildoers who get in your way. You beat them. There are legendary ones. You fight the Elite Four. You start filling your Pokedex but lose interest. A third one to accompany these two comes out two years later. Repeat.
I've had enough... so none for me.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #487 on: April 20, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »
Which is why I want something more, like Pokemon Battle Revolution.

« Reply #488 on: April 20, 2007, 06:32:57 PM »
Pokemon Battle Revolution is basically Pokemon Stadium without any of the extra minigames or a storyline.

Aside from that, repitition seems to work with many games series. Look at Megaman for another example.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »
And, oh wait... I probably already said Mario Party. Sigh... besides... you can't even use Wi-fi to trade and battle. If that were then maybe I'd give in and pirate it... Oh right, Wi-fi hates me. There'd be a bunch of mishaps and I'd probably cause deletion of Pokemon data... So... never meend.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2007, 09:36:40 AM »
Sigh... besides... you can't even use Wi-fi to trade and battle. If that were then maybe I'd give in and pirate it...
Yes you can, not that I support pirating in any way.

« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »
I've stated before... it's just not fun anymore. It's always the same. You're a person. You get a first Pokemon. You use it and make it super-powerful, all the while catching new ones. You fight people using them. You fight gym leaders using them. But there's this team of evildoers who get in your way. You beat them. There are legendary ones. You fight the Elite Four. You start filling your Pokedex but lose interest. A third one to accompany these two comes out two years later. Repeat.
I've had enough... so none for me.
While your generic description made me laugh, you could really do this for any game series (Zelda, Final Fantasy, whatever, it's almost too easy). I'm not a super big Pokémaniac, but I like to keep up my knowledge of the Pokémon names, music, and places to understand what people talk about and understand references in stuff like Smash Bros. Hmm, Pokémon stuff sure doesn't show up much in Wario Wares this just made me realize.
And the regular RPGs like this sure entertain me a heck of a lot more than the spinoffs that break the mold do (I'm looking at you, Mystery Dungeon).

Come on, Bird, let me show you them.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #492 on: April 23, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
Ehehhehhh... You could be right, but... I don't know, Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess feels WAY not "seen it before" when compared with Gold to Ruby. Does that make sense?
Good point with Smash Bros... I'll have to depend on trophies in Brawl, I guess... I noticed the lack of Pokemans in WarioWare a while ago, how curious. They could have had "Escape!" in Twisted in which you'd roll the ball around to get out, or "Catch!" In Smooth Moves in which you'd throw the ball at your target... Maybe 9-Volt's not a big fan of Pokemans...
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #493 on: April 23, 2007, 06:05:16 PM »
It's worth noting that almost none of 9-volt's games are for handhelds, so that may be the reason why.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #494 on: April 23, 2007, 10:51:56 PM »
While this may be true...
Oh man I'm embarrassed having noticed that there be Wi-fi.
* Bird Person scratches itches all over back and head
<_< >_>
Okay, okay, OKAY. I'll download Diamond. I know it's evil to do such a thing... but, arr! All hands on DS! Ye be a fool te be in these waters. This sea of downloads belongs to me, captain of the S.S. 12-Sided-Die. It's called that because if ye do trespass here, I stab ye on 12 sides, and ye die! Har har har har har har har har.
Cough.
It's YOUR problem!

Print