Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142912 times)

« Reply #540 on: May 11, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »
I must be incredibly lucky or something.

I caught Azelf with about 7 ultraballs and Uxie with 11. Everywhere I read people claim they spent about 5x more balls than I did.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #541 on: May 11, 2007, 11:56:56 PM »
I actually was lucky with both (for the first time every in a Pokemon game!). Once I had a strong enough Noctowl, it took me four Dusk Balls to get Azelf, and ONLY ONE to get Uxie.

« Reply #542 on: May 12, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »
This just popped into my head

Is it true that, while playing Pokemons Red, Blue or Yellow, that rapidly tapping B while a Pokemon is fighting to get out of a just-thrown Pokeball will help your chances of catching that Pokemon? If so, does it work in the recent games too? I don't know if it works, but I sure felt like it was helping. I would have a sort of... empty feeling if I didn't tap B.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #543 on: May 12, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »
It's never been true for any game. Don't give in to the rumors!

I decided to look at an FAQ to see if any trainers had Wormadam...one did, so I've got my lv100 Charizard (and 5 other guys from LeafGreen) on Diamond. And yet I still have no WFC access...

I discovered the Underground a few minutes ago. This place is pretty fun even without other people...

« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »
Is it true that, while playing Pokemons Red, Blue or Yellow, that rapidly tapping B while a Pokemon is fighting to get out of a just-thrown Pokeball will help your chances of catching that Pokemon? If so, does it work in the recent games too? I don't know if it works, but I sure felt like it was helping. I would have a sort of... empty feeling if I didn't tap B.

Same with me, 'cept I tapped A.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2007, 11:49:41 PM »
I discovered the Underground a few minutes ago. This place is pretty fun even without other people...
WHAT THE HECK

That proves it. People do no exploring. I may be slow (playing lots of other games doesn't help), but at least I see everything and don't madly sprint from gym to gym, FAQing all the way.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #546 on: May 13, 2007, 03:12:33 PM »
Yeah, that tapping thing was the same with me... Superstitious, at the least.

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #547 on: May 13, 2007, 08:23:12 PM »
Help! Somebody! I need a Wobbuffet with decent HP, stat!

EDIT: Never mind, I've got a plan that involves Crobat, Noctowl, and many restarts.

Important news! Palkia get! But it came at a fair price... Uxie is with someone else now. Which leads me to this question: does bringing all three of the Emotion Pokémon to the cave in Celestia Town do anything?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:54:35 PM by Suffix »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #548 on: May 15, 2007, 06:10:31 AM »
FAQing all the way.

Actually, the only times I used an FAQ were to find out which six guys I needed to fill the Sinnoh Dex, and to check which trainer has a Wormadam.

Other than Pal Park and the Underground, I've been taking a break from Diamond to play Meteos and Tactics Ogre.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #549 on: May 15, 2007, 03:31:27 PM »
The only time I used the games' GTS so far was to trade one of my Shieldon for a Cranidos.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #550 on: May 28, 2007, 03:09:34 PM »
I'll never be able to use the GTS. T_T Sucks for me.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #551 on: May 28, 2007, 04:18:02 PM »
Why can't you use it? Do you not have Wi-Fi access? You can just get a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, if this is the case.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #552 on: May 28, 2007, 05:26:50 PM »
Greetings! I present to you some wares which I am trying to shed in hopes of collecting some other Pokémon. I have an enormous amount of augmenting items that are just lying around, and almost every TM ever made.

My current special: Eevees. Lots and lots of Eevees. I have somewhere around 20 of them, including the majority of their evolutions. Right now, I'm trying to get Espeon and Umbreon. I also have a Cresselia that I will surely never use. My price? I'm not sure, but I really, REALLY want a Latias.

Today, I caught Giratina. Easiest Legendary I've caught to date-- it took only one Dusk Ball.

« Reply #553 on: May 28, 2007, 05:59:14 PM »
I am thinking of getting one of the 2 new games, and would like to know which one is the new Blue version.

I will likely be a bit lost, since I haven't played a Pokemon game since the first generation (ie: Blue, Red, and Yellow)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #554 on: May 28, 2007, 06:17:14 PM »
Well, it's hard to compare them in that respect, as there are many new Pokémon. But if you want powerful Water Pokémon, go for Pearl.

Print