Print

Author Topic: Re: Mario voice needed!  (Read 2071 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« on: January 24, 2003, 12:50:31 AM »
Wow,
I just took a look through your site, and I'm rather impressed!  Though I've only yet tried the Super Smashed Bros. game, I must say that you seem quite adept at using Multimedia Fusion.
Plus, it's very rare that you find someone else who's played Hunt the Wumpus on a TI-99, or even knows what either of those are.

...Links... *groans at the pun*

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 12:52:12 PM »
Hey, thanks for the compliments. I've been working with Multimedia Fusion (and its predecessors) for many years, and I've finally started to move on to C++/OpenGL/DirectX.

But before I totally jump into making "real" games I really would like to finish Super Smashed Bros, which I've been working on for years. But of course, I'm not about to do a half-ass job finishing it, which is why I need a talented drunken Mario to help me out here!

This IS the Mushroom Kingdom, right? There's GOTTA be someone who can help!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 09:48:31 PM »
I can do a decent Mario voice, but I don't particularly like the concept of your game...

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »
Eh, I can do a fairly decent Mario, but I don't know if I've got any good means of recording.  It'd probably have to be "plug headphones into the mic slot" or something.  Also, a friend of mine does a good drunken Luigi, but I don't suppose you'd need that...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2003, 10:40:16 PM »
Chupperson Weird:
So hey, I don't suppose you've actually taken the time to download and play the game before telling me you don't like the idea? There's a *slight* chance that the game could be different from what you're imagining.

Fifth:
I DO have some programs to filter out noise to improve recordings done with a lousy mic, but I dunno about the headphones thing.
I'm actually all set with my voices for Loogie, but thanks for checking anyway.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2003, 11:48:18 PM »
"...drunken duo Martinio and Loogie and their misadventures..." is about enough for me to say I don't particularly like the concept. Not to say the game isn't good, but the concept, I don't care for.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Print