Print

Author Topic: Mario Universe Voice Acting Mysteries, Etc.  (Read 40794 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »
In SM64, it sounds like Mario says "Popsicle" when he chose which star you're going for.

People say they've heard "Lets-a-go" but I can only speak for what my ears hear, and they heard "popsicle."

Pepsi-co!!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 02:15:10 AM »
I still don't see how people couldn't hear "Let's-a go."
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 02:24:40 AM »
Isn't that one actually "Off I go"?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 02:26:23 AM »
Probably, but I'm just saying, it really, really sounds like the former to me.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 07:58:54 AM »
I'm with Forest Guy.  Now Fryguy's clip in SMA when he changes forms is strange.  I could have sworn that he said "What the-?", but upon listening closely to the ripped .WAV file, he's actually saying "toohottotouch" really fast, no fooling!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »
I still don't see how people couldn't hear "Let's-a go."

I could hear it: in fact it's one of the first english words I learnt from a Super Mario game (Mario Kart 64)! XD
At the beginning I thought he said "lets and go" XD..But I was in primary school...I onlye learnt at the second half of highschool what "let's" mean... X,D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »
For the longest time, my friend thought Mario was saying "Mexico!" And as such he always argued with me whether Mario was Italian or Mexican. It usually ended up being an exchange of "BUT HE SAYS MEXICO!" and "THEY DON'T EAT PASTA IN MEXICO."
= = = = = = =

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 11:34:17 PM »
They don't eat pasta in Mexico?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »
No, it's illegal. All they eat are tacos and burritos and occasionally enchiladas.
= = = = = = =

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 12:54:58 AM »
I can't remember where each one shows up, but IIRC, there's a "Let's-a go" and an "Off I go" in SM64. Let's-a go is longer and more drawn out, and gets higher pitched with each syllable; Off I go is quicker and gets lower.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »
Let's-a go is when you select a star after jumping in a painting. I never heard an "off I go" anywhere.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »
Are you thinking of the "HERE WE GOOooo!" when you actually obtain a star?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »
For the longest time, my friend thought Mario was saying "Mexico!" And as such he always argued with me whether Mario was Italian or Mexican. It usually ended up being an exchange of "BUT HE SAYS MEXICO!" and "THEY DON'T EAT PASTA IN MEXICO."
I lost. But really, for someone who consistently mishears things (I'm sure that's fairly universal, though), I believe I always heard it, and correctly so, as "Let's-a go!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 06:49:31 AM »
Man, popsicle, mexico, off I go, what are you people hearing hahaha.

I figure some people are gonna start saying they have trouble understanding Mario in MK64 menus in a few posts or so.

"Welcome to Mario Kart" is gonna become, "Hell com, to Maddio Cot."
"Select a level!" is gonna become "Select a hell pool."
"Okay?" is gonna turn into "Oh, gay?" or to further the more "Mexican" aspect of Mario, it'll be "Oh, que?"
"Mario Grand Prix" is gonna turn into "Maddio Grandma Pee."

I know those don't sound all that great, but Jesus, from what you guys have said you've been hearing, what I said above wouldn't surprise me anymore.
Formerly quite reasonable.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »
I just laughed at "Oh, que?"
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print