Print

Author Topic: Stop making fun of Zelda!  (Read 5807 times)

« on: June 14, 2001, 02:22:52 PM »
I was on the topic "YKYPMGTMW" and I saw a lot of bad stuff about Zelda games.  I think Zelda and Mario are both great!  After all, they were made by the same person.

Here we go!
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2001, 02:57:55 PM »
I agree, but if you think what you read was annoying, then what you'll read in the topic "Super Smash Bros. 2 - The Character List" is a torture (hint: Zelda is transs*xual)(repalce "*" with "a", and you'll know what I mean).

Only someone will remain as the true Nintendo mascot.  That someone is Mario.  Go, Mario, Go!
Agustín, The Sage Of Fungus.

''Nuff Said.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2001, 03:09:09 PM »
Ooops! Don't forget the other topic: Super Smahs Brothers 2 (topic posted by "Donkey Kong")

Only someone will remain as the true Nintendo mascot.  That someone is Mario.  Go, Mario, Go!

''Nuff Said.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2001, 03:31:40 PM »
Don't forget that the creator of Mario and Zelda, Shigeru Miyamoto, also created POKEMON! So now you either hate him or love him.

By the way, the only reason that Zelda is being made fun of is because one, the YKYPTMMGW focuses on Mario related stuff. Two, it was someone else that brought up the topic of the whole Shiek problem.

The truth is, Zelda isn't trans-whatever. The truth is that Zelda is a tomboy, as was said by the Truth stone in Ocarina of Time, so she dressed up as a boy to fool Link and to help him on his quest.

Zelda did not have any crazy stuff done to herself for that Sheikah transformation. First, she probably used contact lenses, since Sheik's eyes are different from Zelda's eyes. Second, Zelda must have done something so it wouldn't be obvious (I'll leave it to billy chilly, since he isn't afraid to talk about these things).

And like I said before, it would be scary if Bowser was a "tomgirl." So let's not think of that.

To be a Koopa, you must become a Koopa.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2001, 03:49:37 PM »
its manly marionut1 who does the makeing fun of zelda

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2001, 05:11:07 PM »
Correction Ptc Marionut "#" 1 but any way since im a strict Mario fan I cant help it plus this IS a Mario board not Zelda
P.S. ya got that right about the transse*tual Bwa hahaha

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2001, 06:25:12 PM »
Surely you guys are aware of the powerful magic the Hyrule royal family posesses (if you aren't, that huge laser beam Zelda shoots out of her hands at the end of Ocarina of Time should have been a big hint) so I'm sure Zelda would have no problem altering her appearance.

If you want to believe a slightly more mundane explanation, you could just as easily say that Impa used her magic to transform Zelda's outward appearance.

If you need an even more "realistic" explanation, I'm sure Ms. Zelda had access to a pair contacts.  So what about the body shape?  Easy, she probably wrapped herself up real tight in some sort of fabric--suppressing her feminine curves--and then just put the Sheik costume on over it.

Oh, and anyone that claims that Zelda is a trans$éxual is obviously a complete arse, and should be kicked in the neck, or possibly beaten with a large stick.

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2001, 07:05:41 PM »
Hmmm... Maybe you're right.  Either that, or James (from Pokemon) is her stunt double... or Ranma.

''Nuff Said.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2001, 06:34:51 AM »
Zeldas evil, every body knows that

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 6/21/2001 5:54:26 AM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2001, 08:52:02 AM »
Wait- Miyamoto-san didn't create Pokemon.  Nintendo bought the rights to the franchise, but did not create it.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2001, 05:07:21 PM »
very mature mario nut, lets keep this rated G ok, thank god for some of the people I;m not a moderater or they'd be kicked off

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2001, 09:14:58 PM »
Heck, I love both series, however I will say that Zelda has become the more sugar-coated of the two. Ever since OOT came out, I have sat and waited, hoping that the old Hyrule would be re-instated in 3-D format; to one day be rid of the Gorons and Gerudos and back to the darker, less happified Octarocks and proportionate Stalfos.

Has anyone seen the screenshots for the prototype of the then called Zelda 64? It looked so much better! The game looked like a real time representation of the original NES game, only with an extended playing field. I so wish the final product was like that.

And, Mario has less constraint as to what becomes introduced. Just add a pipe, name it as a "world" and one can go back and forth as they please.

Fun fact: Look at the in-game maps on Zelda: a Link to the Past and Super Mario World. They hold many similarities.

"Plug your controller into controller port 2. If you do that he won''t be able to read your mind!"
-Roy Campbell (Metal Gear Solid)

Edited by - Grizzlemoth on 6/20/2001 8:15:55 PM
"Plug your controller into controller port 2. If you do that he won''t be able to read your mind!"

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2001, 04:35:21 AM »
I like the way Zelda's going, it never was really that dark, besides its a good game that can be injoyed by everyone, not every game has to be dark. i'm sick and tired of all these dark games its nice to see something a little lighter.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2001, 10:33:52 AM »
Zelda is not evil!

Here we go!
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2001, 01:45:50 PM »
When I say "dark" I refer to how the game was presented in the first two for NES. If you look in the manual for the second game, the enemy illustration showed that the enemies were slimy, writhing beasts who would slap you with their barbed tendrils until you bled to death. Now, they're happy little mischevious creatures who pose little to no threat, and to add to it for the past 3 (4 if you include the part of OOT) Link has been a little kid going on happy little strolls down lollypop lane to defeat the evil Crumpet King who lives in the gingerbread fortress. Well, not exactly, but it has become aimed at younger children. Almost like another Pokemon game, only with a slight bit more class

Edited by - Grizzlemoth on 6/21/2001 12:50:51 PM

Print