Poll

Which of these is your favorite kind of tape?

Scotch
Masking
Electrical
Duct
Double-sided
Packing
Measuring
Bubble
Magnetic
Print

Author Topic: Tape Type  (Read 10311 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: December 07, 2008, 04:50:42 PM »
It seems I've grown up using electrical tape most. It's a pretty good kind of tape. The rubber composition makes it durable so it doesn't rub off, and it's fairly adhesive. The sleek black coloration blends in with things like wrist watches, so nobody knows that I lost the band that holds the excess strap down and made a replacement out of it. They also don't know I'm using it to reinforce the strap in cracking areas. Electrical tape is a tape masterpiece.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
For some reason, I always thought the shell of the red Koopa Troopas in SMB resembled the tartan pattern on red Scotch Tape:

This, along with the fact that the red Koopas wouldn't walk off cliffs, caused me to call 'em "Scotch Tape Koopas" for some time.  And to call red Scotch Tape "Koopa Tape".

As for favorite tape, I think I've used Scotch Tape most often, and find Duct Tape to have the widest range of "practical" uses.
Go Moon!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
Electrical tape FTW, but duct tape comes in a close second.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
VHS Tape, but since that's not included, I go with masking tape.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 02:46:01 AM »
Duct tape. It's perfect for tearing small strips off to put on my upper lip, because then I let it riiippp.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
The awesomeness of duct tape can't be denied, but when I do tape something, it's usually a simple job Scotchtape can handle (I briefly tried double-sided tape, but it just wasn't working).

Also, forgive me for living under a sound-proofed rock, but "bubble" and "magnetic" tape?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »

That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 01:03:23 PM »

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 06:52:15 PM »
I favor masking tape for its ease of writing. Double sided tape comes in second, however. Sticking something to a wall by taping a piece of tape into a loop tends to slightly bother me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »
Tapeworm!

Duct tape for many reasons including the fact that stupid people call it "duck tape" and Lewis black made a funny with duct tape. The show I made it with duct tape and it fixes ducts!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:43:24 PM »
DuckĀ® makes, among other things, duct tape.

My favorites are electrical tape and duct tape. Tape measures get honorable mention. If I could still find the sour blue raspberry Bubble Tape (does it still exist? Apple was awesome too) I'd probably pick that instead.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 09:52:07 PM »
Oh, yeah, forgot about Bubble Tape... though I haven't much of an appetite after nensondubois' pic.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 10:00:56 PM »
I went with packing tape. It's clear (usually), it makes the awesomest sound when you peel it off the roll, and it has to be the stickiest substance known to man. Well, at least the stickiest tape. That, and it smells cool. You don't know how many fond memories that scent evokes.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:04:51 PM »
You forgot 100 MPH tape. I pick that stuff. But electrical tape takes second place. And it would appear Briguy92 really has a thing for sticky stuff eh? ;)

Print