Print

Author Topic: Stupid/Random/Funny Internet Videos  (Read 49059 times)

« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »
Yup. He just liked writing kids rhymes so much that he wanted to make a book series out of it (or something like that).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2007, 04:30:22 PM »
Are you sure that's not just a rumor? He also seemed to like illustrating illustrations aimed at kids.

« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2007, 04:32:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure. I'll do some research on it and get back to you.. I'm in the middle of doing some work for class right now.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2007, 11:06:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's false.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
It reminds me vastly of the whole "Walt Disney was a pedophile" thing.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2007, 10:41:36 PM »
I believe I was told that Seuss didn't originally want to make kids' books... What do I know...?
Disney wasn't a pedophile?!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »
Are you sure you didn't get Seuss confused with Shel Silverstein?

« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »
I'm prettu sure. I'm a huge fan of Shel's work, and have an autobiography of his, and nowhere does it mention that he hated kids, or writing poems for kids.. It said quiet the opposite, actually, that he loved writing books and poems that kids would enjoy.

I'm sure it was Seuss that I heard hated kids, but loved writing books (or something to that effect).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:42:10 PM by Toad »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2007, 07:20:13 PM »
And it was still false.
Don't believe what you hear.
Don't believe everything you think.
That was a joke.

« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »
Suess was a political cartoonist prior to WWII.  If you look at a few of the cartoons he did, you can tell he hated Italians, or at very least Mussolini.  Then he fought in WWII, then I don't know an exact path from veteran to author.  It's kinda funny, because we were just talking about him today in my US history class.  The old political cartoons have a lot of the same style as his later work.  Whether or not he WANTED to do children books is beyond me, I'm just saying what I know about before he was an author.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2007, 08:35:22 PM »
Yes, he collaborated with Chuck Jones on the Private Snafu shorts, and in later years the animated versions of The Grinch and both the Horton books.

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
There was also a Cat in the Hat movie (or two), and a movie about a piano that could take you anywhere you wanted in the world (I don't remember the exact name, but the character's name that used the piano was named Pontiful Pock, or something like that).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2007, 10:46:14 PM »
I'm sure it was Seuss that I heard hated kids, but loved writing books (or something to that effect).
Maybe it was ME you heard hated kids! I have set up a minefield in the preschool playground, and if that doesn't work my reinforcements are hovering above with atomic bombs and tubs of super glue!!
Actually none of that is true. Though you can imagine why kids are afraid of me after first impressions. They warm up when they see my collection of Nintendo stuff.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvt9DmpuUQ

This has to be the funniest video of an American Idol failed audition ever. Listen at 1:38. I don't know what happened at this point, but it sure is hilarious.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2007, 02:07:57 PM »
Link made that video complete. He looks like "Hi-yah I fight evil-oh snap it's Master."
Nah, how 'bout, 'Aaack!  If the boss finds out I spoke a minute earlier, I'll be out of a job!"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print