Print

Author Topic: Coffee madness!!!  (Read 9398 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004, 03:48:26 PM »
My largest flaw in life is bad skin, so I'm doomed to drink only water, carbonated water or flavored water for the rest of my life.  I'm only allowed to drink soda when I go to a fast food place, which isn't very often, or when I go to a party or something.

CURSE YOU PEOPLE WITH YOUR PERFECT SKIN AND SODA-DRINKING ABILITIES!!!

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 07:53:57 PM »
Pop doesn't affect your skin. It's just sugar water. Heck, food doesn't affect your skin. Unless you rub the grease on your face or something.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2004, 10:14:18 PM »
Trust me, it does.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2004, 10:42:43 AM »
I'm probably the palest person on the FF. My skin is almost white. It's kind of scary, in a way.

''Procrastinate now. Don’t put it off.'' -Ellen Degeneres
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2004, 11:56:25 AM »
No, I am the most pale, you probably couldn't tell who's whiter if you put me next to an albino person.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 03:58:12 PM »
No, vid. The albino Person would be whiter, much whiter.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

PaperMario2

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 05:07:26 AM »
I don't like coffee.I like tea

I like play mario games

Edited by - Mariobros2 on 4/23/2005 10:52:32 AM
I like play mario games

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 06:10:44 AM »
I drink soda, but not much. I like tea.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 11:45:30 AM »
Doing the dew works better for caffine for me. But being really hyper is overated. Being cool isn't overated.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 12:31:16 PM »
Chupps wrong.  Soda does affect your skin.  It's not directly because of the sugar or caffein although they can affect your body in many negative ways.  Most sodas contain phosphoric acid which has a pH of about 2.6 to 2.8.

Your body is 78% water with the cells containing 98% water.  Recent studies have shown that healthy people tend to have slightly alkaline body fluid while sick people tend to be more acidic.  Drinking soda makes your body more acidic.  This is a strong correlation (doesn't prove cause), but it's enough for me to be wary of drinking large amounts of acidic colas.

All acid if not bad for you.  Although orange juice is acid, it's net affect on your body is to make it more alkaline.  Also, a solution of about 2% salicylic acid used to clean your face can actually reduce the likelyhood of pimples.

I stopped drinking large amounts of soda and other caffeinated beverage when I had kidney stones.  That was the worst pain I have ever had.  Many people have compared kidney stones in men to child birth for women, but I don't and never will have that experience to compare.

When I became less worried about kidney stones I started drinking one or two sodas sodas a day and later noticed a weight gain that I attributed to the effect of their sugar.  So as a test I stoped drinking sodas altogether and lost 10 to 15 pounds in just a few weeks.  I haven't had a soda since, and haven't gained the weight back.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 02:25:13 PM »
Congratulations, Luigison! Job well done.

And on another note, I'd like to declare that I dislike coffee, for more than one reason.

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 02:51:41 PM »
I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. Nothing stronger then Pepsi for me. Cuz if I get something stronger, look out. Which means I can only have very weak stuff. Me gots ADHD.

--------------------
Computer over? Virus equals VERY YES?!?!? That''s not a good prize!!!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 07:11:29 PM »
I love coffee, as long as there's enough sugar. But I get powerful headaches, among other things, when I have caffeine so I'd have to go for decaf.

GiftedGirl, did you know that caffeine can have a reverse effect on kids with ADHD? It's true; some stimulants act as depressants to ADHD sufferers. The drug Ritalin is really a stimulant, but they give it for ADHD because it gives the opposite effect, for some strange reason.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 4/23/2005 6:14:22 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2005, 07:44:55 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

People and their devout belief in ADHD really crack me up.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 07:45:06 PM »
That is truely bizzare.

Print