Print

Author Topic: How do you pronounce Bob-ombs?  (Read 23101 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 08:50:27 AM »
At first i thought it was Bomb-ombs so i used to pronounse it like that. i find it harder to pronounce it the other ways.

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Bom ahm
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 02:54:02 PM »
I've always gone with the Oh cheese! They're exploding!! pronunciation..

But in cases where I'm not playing the games, it's either BAWB-ahmb, or baw-BAHMB (sort of like Sapph's).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 05:23:43 PM »
Bob-ombs, just as it says on the label.

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »

LOOK OUT! HE'S GONNA BLOOOOOOWWWWWWW! *buh-BOMB*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »
The B is silent. Maybe that helps you out a bit...BOB-OM*
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 05:19:51 PM »
Am I the only one who expected Bob-ombs to be soccer-ball sized?  It was disappointing when Bowser pulled out a dinky, little, tennis Bob-omb.

... Not that that was the biggest disappointment of the movie, but hey.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 06:35:56 PM »
Hey, the small size, along with the fact that it still packed big punch, is what made the Bob-omb of the movie so awesome.  That movie wasn't all that good, but it does have some redeeming factors.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 08:45:20 PM »
I go with bomb-omb

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 08:03:50 AM »
Why do so many people pronounce it wrong? It's not spelled "bomb-omb". It never was. It's kind of like saying "bomb" but stuttering the first two letters a little.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 08:07:25 AM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2007, 04:28:20 PM »
... in addition to mimicking the sound it makes when it explodes.

*bob-OMB!*

Also, I'm not saying the Bob-omb in the movie wasn't awesome.  I'm saying its size was unexpected, and that made it disappointing.  The smallest they get in the game series is about the size of Mario's head--and Mario's got a pretty big head.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »
i say bomb ombs

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »
It's pronounced "BOB-OMS". Look at my last post. It will say the same thing.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »
I say Bob-Omg, just how it's spelled... but saying it at normal speeds it sounds like bob-omb with the B from the Bob subtly carried over to Omb, kinda like "Bobomb." Grodus has trouble saying it, heh: "Buh huh huh.."
Formerly quite reasonable.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »
I say Bob-Omg, just how it's spelled... but saying it at normal speeds it sounds like bob-omb with the B from the Bob subtly carried over to Omb, kinda like "Bobomb." Grodus has trouble saying it, heh: "Buh huh huh.."
Quoted before edited. Bob-OMG!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print