Print

Author Topic: Mr. Face?  (Read 84142 times)

« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2000, 03:05:21 PM »
As if anyone really cared.

« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2000, 11:03:03 PM »
THIS IS THE BEST TOPIC OF ALL. Let's keep it alive!
Hey Mr. Face! Tell me somethin'. How often are you wrong? i wanna hear it again!
come on you wimp! answer me! bwahaghahaha........
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2001, 12:38:01 AM »
I wonder why this topic has gotten so many replies... Maybe because it's good! yeah... riiiiight... goooooood... oh well, who cares!!!!

« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2001, 04:45:45 PM »
No one anymore! But this was, a very fun topic to reply to.
I like cheese!

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2001, 01:42:45 PM »
when i was matt,i used my magical powers to make this topic get the most posts!am i correct?

its really matt!
its really matt!

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2001, 06:55:22 PM »
That is correct!  Without the help of the poster formerly known as matt, this board would never have reached its current level of greatness!
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2001, 04:48:20 PM »
I am Mr. Face's brother

« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2001, 07:22:51 PM »
i am mr. face's fathers brothers cousins nephews former roommate. $_$
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2001, 12:39:22 PM »
¡Aguante el Señor Cara!
(sorry for copying you, Deezer)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2001, 12:22:53 AM »
Señor Cara? Heh, I like that. In Japanese he would be Kao-san.

« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2001, 05:32:23 PM »
This is a little off he subject (if there is one)-

I currently study English with a passion, and I also study a little Spanish.  One major difference I have noticed between the two languages is in their verb systems.  As far as I know, English (verbs) has few rules and many exceptions, while Spanish (verbs) has many rules and few exceptions.  How do verbs work in Japanese?  For instance, Spanish is very structured, and English was mostly made up as it went along.  How is Japanese?
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2001, 01:22:06 PM »
What's your "real" language, hinopio? And how old are you?

p.s.: I don't know anything about Japanese, except that they say the surnames before the names.

"English is a primitive language."-- my
grandfather.

"And remember: I know WHO you ARE, WHERE you LIVE, and MAYBE I am going to KILL you, because, now, I am the QuoteMan."

Kat

« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2001, 11:44:51 PM »
Again... I have dissapeared off the face of this message board for a VERY long time, only to return with more of my pointless replys. ^-^ Hinopio, Japanese is structured almost backwards when compared to English, or the very little spanish I know of. Your basic sentence would look like this:

Subject + direct object + verb

If it was in English, it would translate to "I Japanese teach," but in
Japanese, the sentence is "Boku wa nihongo o oshiemasu."
Key:
Boku - Polite masculine form of "I"
Wa - Particle (more on that later)
Nihongo - Japanese
O - Particle
Oshiemasu - Will teach or teaching

~ PARTICLES ~

The world "particle" refers to a word that has no translation in English. The particles are key elements in a Japanese sentence, here are some of the most commonly used particles: Wa - It indicates the topic of the sentence (often the subject) Ni - It indicates to a place (has other meanings, but let's save those for later)
E - Like ni, it indicates "to a place"
O - Indicates the direct object
De - Indicates an action being done in a place

For example: Boku wa gohan o tabemasu means "I eat rice." or "I will eat rice." The wa indicates that "I" is the topic (or subject, in this case) of the sentence. All particles FOLLOW the word that they indicate, so it is Boku WA, not WA Boku. The "o" indicates that the gohan (rice) is being eaten, hence it is the direct object. Again, it's Gohan O not O Gohan.

^^;; I'll just stop there for now since I know I'm far too much off subject. E-mail me or somethin' if you're curious moreso.

« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2001, 03:57:57 PM »
I know Latin yet I hate translating writings

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2001, 02:59:34 PM »
Good lesson, Kat. However, isn't "boku" the _informal_ word for "I"? And anyway, Hinopio wanted to know about verbs. :P

There are two types of verbs in Japanese: "ru" (weak) and "u" (strong) verbs. The "u" verbs are called "strong" because it takes more effort to conjugate them. The "ru" verbs always follow a pattern, while the ending of the "u" verbs depends on what consonant precedes the "u."

Print