Print

Author Topic: Why was Mario Paint never given a sequel?  (Read 4381 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:46:31 PM »
I don't know about you, but I was a huge fan of Mario Paint as a child. I would play the Gnat attack game all the time and really enjoyed messing with the composer. One of the included songs in the composer contained a rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" with all Star Men as notes. I would replace all the Star Men with other notes to make my own goofy renditions of the song.

What I never understood though, was that it could have been utilized as an animation studio. I find this quite fascinating because I am currently pursuing a film career (yes, underneath all my weird posts and general sillyness I am actually a well-mannered man).

But why did the spin-off just fall out? Did Nintendo not like it or something?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:59:37 PM »
Heck, there was going to be that "Mario Artist" thing for the N64DD, but I guess that only came out in Japan. A new one would be nice, but with how computer image editing has advanced (even MS Paint) and the prevalence of music-making games on (Nintendo) systems (the Korg synthesizer, Wii Music and song creation in GH:WT, Electroplankton...), it would probably just be redundant at this point.

On a somewhat similar note, I've always thought it was funny how the first game announced for the Wii was supposedly some Bob Ross painting game that never actually was released. Of course, that's happened before...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »
Tv_Themes is right I want all the cliffhangers to be wrapped up
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »
Cliffhangers? The only cliffhangers I know of is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8yJUoEn4I
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »
Huh, I heard "cliffhangers" and thought of the Strong Bad email of the same name.

I thought I heard somewhere (probably Nintendo Power) that Mario Paint wasn't aimed at outdoing other graphics applications, but just to make a more mainstream painting application that everybody could enjoy. Maybe I haven't been looking around the interwebs enough, but today's graphics applications seem pretty daunting for novices, so it might be a good idea for another Mario Paint that tackles more complex stuff. Google Sketchup is good at just painting something and turning it into 3D (something I've been waiting for since 1993. I was a fan of "Fine Artist" from the Microsoft Kids line of programs).
You didn't say wot wot.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »
I was a fan of "Fine Artist" from the Microsoft Kids line of programs.
Oh, yeah. I can't remember what most of it was like, but I do remember that I was obsessed with that program as a child. I used to make outer space-scapes and everything. :D

Also, I too thought of that e-mail upon reading Bird Person's post.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 05:28:27 PM »
One of the included songs in the composer contained a rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" with all Star Men as notes. I would replace all the Star Men with other notes to make my own goofy renditions of the song.
I was also guilty of that doing that. Heheheh...

Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print