Print

Author Topic: Mario Universe Voice Acting Mysteries, Etc.  (Read 41285 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »
That reminds me, there was one phrase he said upon entering a level in SMS that I couldn't for the life of me comprehend. I know I heard one of his phrases was "arriva derci" but I don't think this was it. Anyone have any ideas?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2009, 03:33:27 PM »
Oh yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Sunshine had a bit of Mario & Luigi type gibberish throughout the game. But yeah, man, I have no idea what it is he says. I need to go listen to it again after so long.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2010, 11:16:29 PM »
Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot this one, but after playing the game I was reminded.

Mario Golf > Mario > Compliments > (I think) D-Pad Down > What does he say? Some people say it's, "rain", as if he's a bit surprised the opponent is doing so well and wants it to rain to screw them up, but that doesn't make much sense.

To me, it's almost sounds like an elongated "Grreeeeat", but I'm not so sure.

Thoughts?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2010, 11:41:00 PM »
I could've sworn he said "fine" myself.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2010, 04:16:51 PM »
That's the one.

Man, you have to keep listening to it over and over and tell yourself that it is "fine", but it kinda... starts sounding right, I guess.

Also, I'm not sure Mario's really saying anything in particular in this example: Mario Power Tennis > Credits > At the very end (right as the title card thing fades in), it sounds like he makes a sound... kinda like a "hee-bloop!"

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 12:07:33 AM »
He's saying "Hei-Hoh!", the Japanese name for Shy Guy, I think. I think I spelled it wrong, but that's more or less how it shunds, phonetically.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2010, 12:13:20 AM »
Heiho, I believe, is the common romanization (also, "Shunds"?)

Also, I posted this video a while ago, but a different question...  What the heck is Luigi saying at 0:51?  Granted, this is the Japanese version, but last I checked, most of the phrases appear to be at least remotely discernable as English.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2010, 12:57:59 AM »
Sounds to me like "We-ee['re] in the PUB!!!" Nope, makes no sense.
Oh. You others heard it as "Weegee is the pope" huh?

Those Luigi clips sound familiar, but I know they weren't in the American version of Mario Kart 64 (or if they were, that proves either I never played as Luigi, always left Luigi in my dust, or both). Well, at least now I know where some of those Mario Party sounds came from. Actually, screw that, a LOT of these clips sound like they were used in Mario Party. Wario just sounds hilariously bad until I hear the noticeable Mario Party clips.

After some time away from it and coming back, I think he's saying "Weegee's in the TOP!"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:26:31 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
Referring to the latter part of your post, that was my best guess, as well; just thought I'd get someone else's opinion.  That or, "Weegee is the TOP", but either way it doesn't make much sense.  I haven't played any of the N64 Mario Party games for a very long time, so I wouldn't know if those voices are in any or all of them.  I can say for sure that that's not at all like Luigi's voice in the American version of Mario Kart 64, which sounds about the most like his current voice that it ever was in the N64 era.

And if my earlier [much, upon re-viewing] post is any indication, I agree that those Wario clips are hilarious.  I keep trying to imagine modern Wario saying that with proper animation and/or mimicking his supposed facial gestures every time I listen to them.  Those third through fifth ones crack me up about the most, though.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:53:08 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2010, 06:46:43 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of the time Charles Martinent put no effort in making Luigi sound different from Mario.

But Wario sounds great, anything pre-factory Wario is great isn't it?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »
I've always wondered what Luigi sounded like in the Japanese version. Cripes...

*puts video in favorites anyway*
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2010, 10:09:15 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of the time Charles Martinent put no effort in making Luigi sound different from Mario.

Well, they are brothers. They're going to sound a little bit alike. My sister and I apparently sound alike on the phone; it used to drive an aunt of ours crazy, because we sounded so much alike.

(also, "Shunds"?)

Typos are fun. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, Jen Taylor (SM64 Peach voice actor) provided Luigi's high, annoying voice in Mario Party 1 and 2, I believe.

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
Pretty sure that Leslie Swan voiced Peach in Super Mario 64, though that other name sounds familiar.  However, I don't think Leslie Swan ever voiced her again after that, so Jen Taylor could've been her successor.  After all, the decision to give Peach a voice in SM64 was a last-minute one, AFAIK, and Leslie Swan generally worked in localization already.

Print